Green Days Am I on Track???????

Vicki-26

Ok so after my 1 1/2lb gain yesterday i am determined to get right on track i have listed everything i have eaten today please could one of you lovely people advise if i am on the right track or have gone off the plot.

2 x snack packs of grapes
1 x portion of watermelon
melon selection (2 of 5 a day)
Pineapple ( 1 of 5 a day)
spaghetti hoops
2 x 4006 w/m bread (Hex B)
Muller Light Cherry
quorn chilli - toms/beans/onions/mushrooms/garlic
Basmati Rice
42g Kerry Low Low Cheese (Hex A)
2 x w/m bread (Hex B)
2 x green tea with pineapple
1 x galaxy cookie crumble (12.5 syns)
Orange and choc muller light

This actually seems a heck of a lot now i see it written down :(

Any help will be greatly appreciated need to shift these pounds :(

Hi Vicki

Sorry cant help really following EE but didnt want you to think you were being ignored, Im sure someone will come and give you some advice. I also had a 1.5lb gain this week so determined to be 100% this week.

Karen

What syns have you had?

It looks good for a green day, but theres no syns I can see

You should always have your syns because they help keep you calories at a level which will burn fat instead of storing it

The syns are in the galaxy chocolate ;)

Vicki - can you split your day into meals and snacks? It helps to see what you are having when and with what else. At first glance it looks okay - maybe swap some fruit for more veggies. Did you have two HEbs worth of bread? This is okay once in a while but I wouldn't do it regularly. And you don't appear to have much to drink over the day.

mmmm what a good yummy way to use those syns lol
chocolate gives me migraines now :( esp galaxy :(

then it looks good to me just make sure you always have them syns

That Chocolate sounds scrummy!
I like your menu, sounds like a similar day to mine( I always do green)
The only thing was the 2 lots of bread, maybe mix up your HEB with another option.
Grapes I think are quite high in sugar, as is w.melon...maybe swop them for honey melon?
Maybe just have 1 mullerlite a day as well?? Perhaps all the sweetener in them is causing some retention? x
Good luck though, and your menu looks yummy!

I agree with what others have said about bread , I find if I have bread that I dont loose as much , so having it for both HEbs may not be great . I would also eat less grapes and more superspeed fruits such as berries and normal melon , other wise it looks pretty good :)

I would agree about the bread. I had to give it up totally as it was stalling my losses. You'll probably be ok on 1xheb of it though. One mullerlight a day is probably best too. Keep up the good work because on the whole you're doing really well. Good luck!

Thank you for all your advice :) I will definatly start monitoring the bread intake I'm not usually a big bread lover but been using it to use up Hex B will maybe swap for hi fi bar/alpen light bars/weetabix minis.

I will change my melon to honeydew and gala and see if that helps too need to shift these last pounds

Circes - I have drank no sugar squash/water and green tea throughout the day :) this is also a change as last week I was drinking diet pepsi religiously!!

Think I'm doing other green day today so far had
1 x bannana
1 x pear

Lunch : melon selection (2 of 5 a day)
Pineapple (2 of 5 a day)
Quorn chilli
Muller light

Not yet decided on tea might be hand cut chips with poached eggs and beans maybe quorn sausages too ;)

Also re your Syns - I dob't know how you usually use up your syns but it's better to use them for "real" food rather than chocolate :) I would always stop losing weight if I used my syns for naughty food all the time.

Try ro use your HEX B for meat or more cheese :) I also use it for nuts and oils...

Also re your Syns - I dob't know how you usually use up your syns but it's better to use them for "real" food rather than chocolate :) I would always stop losing weight if I used my syns for naughty food all the time.

Try ro use your HEX B for meat or more cheese :) I also use it for nuts and oils...

I ALWAYS use ALL my syns on naughty stuff, not "real food". I have lost 4st 12lbs and hit target and I still use all my syns on Junk. It never stopped me losing and it most certainly stopped me going off track.

I ALWAYS use ALL my syns on naughty stuff, not "real food". I have lost 4st 12lbs and hit target and I still use all my syns on Junk. It never stopped me losing and it most certainly stopped me going off track.

I guess everybody is different :) I was close to target before I stopped losing weight so I tried to use my syns differently..I envy you if it works for you :)

I think it's just trial and error - you can use different approaches and find the one that works for you.

It shouldn't make a difference as20calories of mayo is the same as 20calories of choc, IYKWIM. I don't want to spend syns of regular food, my syn free stuff is delicious, so I don't feel the need to add to it. I was never a condiment fan anyway, much prefer pepper and I don't often want extra cheese or any other random synnage other than choc, bikkies and other assorted naughties. :)

It shouldn't make a difference as20calories of mayo is the same as 20calories of choc, IYKWIM.

I disagree :D

Yes the calorie amount is the same - but look at it from a different angle. Food is for your metabolism what diesel is for your car. I used to work for a car dealer a few years ago. At that time they started using bio-diesel as an alternative to normal diesel - it was supposed to be environmentally friendler. But the cars at the time weren't built for bio diesel. The cars did run on it but it wasn't very good for the engine. Our metabolism is similar. Our body is not made for ***p food - and we might be able to lose weight if we just view a calorie as a calorie. But it could mess up your metabolism in the long run. That's when common sense needs to be applied. A calorie is not JUST a calorie. And for some people it might have a very bad effect on their health if they think that as long as they stay within their calorie range they can eat what they want. Why do you think SW works? I eat a lot more calories on SW than on any other diet and technically shouldn't be losing weight - I often go over my total calorie allowance (I don't count but I know how much I eat). It works because of the type of food we eat.

It's ok to eat chocolate, don't get me wrong. But changing your diet also means that certain food should be viewed as treats rather than an established part of your diet. A few nuts are defo healthier than a sugery chocolate bar..Even dark chocolate is better. And a change of diet also means that we get a taste of healthy foods that we never fancied before. Your brain and metabolism needs quality food and some foods contain important nutritions (that all the free food on the plan might not have) that help your body to function properly.
If we don't break with certain habits (That doesn't mean that you have to give it up forever) - we might end up having the same problem again once we reached our traget and try to maintain.....

Of course it's up to yourself what you want to eat. But I would be careful telling people that it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you stick to the plan as not every body works the same and for some it does matter a lot WHAT they eat when it comes to weight loss.

I disagree :D

Yes the calorie amount is the same - but look at it from a different angle. Food is for your metabolism what diesel is for your car. I used to work for a car dealer a few years ago. At that time they started using bio-diesel as an alternative to normal diesel - it was supposed to be environmentally friendler. But the cars at the time weren't built for bio diesel. The cars did run on it but it wasn't very good for the engine. Our metabolism is similar. Our body is not made for ***p food - and we might be able to lose weight if we just view a calorie as a calorie. But it could mess up your metabolism in the long run. That's when common sense needs to be applied. A calorie is not JUST a calorie. And for some people it might have a very bad effect on their health if they think that as long as they stay within their calorie range they can eat what they want. Why do you think SW works? I eat a lot more calories on SW than on any other diet and technically shouldn't be losing weight - I often go over my total calorie allowance (I don't count but I know how much I eat). It works because of the type of food we eat.

It's ok to eat chocolate, don't get me wrong. But changing your diet also means that certain food should be viewed as treats rather than an established part of your diet. A few nuts are defo healthier than a sugery chocolate bar..Even dark chocolate is better. And a change of diet also means that we get a taste of healthy foods that we never fancied before. Your brain and metabolism needs quality food and some foods contain important nutritions (that all the free food on the plan might not have) that help your body to function properly.
If we don't break with certain habits (That doesn't mean that you have to give it up forever) - we might end up having the same problem again once we reached our traget and try to maintain.....

Of course it's up to yourself what you want to eat. But I would be careful telling people that it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you stick to the plan as not every body works the same and for some it does matter a lot WHAT they eat when it comes to weight loss.

I can see what you are saying, but I disagree. If the plan says to spend your syns on whatever you like, then that's what you should do. The plan has been developed over many years and works. It worked to get me to target, to the smallest I've ever been since like aged 10. I believe that if they meant to use syns only on "normal" food that's what it would say. We are getting PLENTY of quality food through the normal free foods and healthy extras, thats why we are allowed syns. I chose to spend my syns on "bad" stuff, but I now have so much more control and willpower, due to CHOICEpower, so I feel SW has helped me break my "poor habits" and I can still enjoy the junk.

It also doesn't help that the things you suggest are things I don't like. I would never chose over chocolate and junk, and as such, if I gave up on my yummies then I would spiral out of control and become like Taz. I strongly believe that going cold turkey does not teach you anything about breaking food habits of a lifetime, especially if you will be confronted with them daily for the rest of your life.

Shall we agree to disagree here? ;)

I think you both make excellent points and I have noticed over the weeks I've been doing this sometimes I use them for naughties and sometimes just for additional items that have more nutritional value than choc and junk. I think you've both hit on it and that is choice. Sometimes I choose to have choc - sometimes nuts. The choice is the thing for me - finally I have one and doing this thing isn't a "thou shalt not.." diet - it gives you choice to do your own funky thang...and I love that!!!

Thank you both for making such valid comments though. That's why I love this site!!

Shall we agree to disagree here? ;)

haha, yes I guess :)

Just for clarification - I do think people will still loose weight BUT your body works better on proper food :) A lot of people only have weight loss in mind when it comes to changing your diet. That's what I was querying.. also I didn't say anything about going cold turkey or quitting all together. I was talking about the difference between a habit of eating things daily or just every now and then.

Never mind :D By the way - I used to hate dark chocolate but grew to love it over time - on the other hand I hate carrots and probably always will!! Sometimes it is a good idea to re-examine our food choices and maybe try something different - we might end up liking it in the end..some things we dislike will never change though:flirt2:

Sometimes it is a good idea to re-examine our food choices and maybe try something different - we might end up liking it in the end..some things we dislike will never change though:flirt2:

I agree on that one! I used to hate fish, the smell of it... the look. Now I love the stuff! I also used to hate melon, I like most now, except cantelope :sign0137:. It just took SW for me to give it a go. I must admit, one of the ways I keep things fun is to try something new every week and that helps me chose. :)

Back