Am I overdoing it on the tea a bit?

Dollyanna

I'm worried I drink too much tea! I have about 4 cups a day because I love it so much. I used the milk as my HEXA (skimmed milk)

Is it ok to drink that much tea or will it damage my losses?

Thank you ;)

No it wouldn't hinder your loss at all, what I would say tho is if you're drinking that much tea maybe try decaf!! I drink PG Tips decaf and its the nicest cup of tea i've ever had!! Its a good way of getting fluids in to you so drink away!! :)

Dollyanna said:
I'm worried I drink too much tea! I have about 4 cups a day because I love it so much. I used the milk as my HEXA (skimmed milk)

Is it ok to drink that much tea or will it damage my losses?

Thank you ;)

Tea is free so as long as you aren't drinking so much that you feel like a water balloon you'll be fine. I've given up caffeine for lent but before that I would drink at least 7 cups of tea a day and it has never ever affected my weight loss.

A cup of tea is 10 calories and 1lb in weight is 3500 calories so 4 cups of tea a day is not going to amount to 3500 calories a week needed to gain 1lb (if anyone was drinking 350 cups of tea a week I don't think they'd ever get off the toilet, lol).

Hiya. I drink way more tea than that! At least 6 cups a day. I couldnt be without my tea and ive always still lost everyweek steadily - 2-3lbs a week and im only 6lbs away from target. I do realise everyone is different but it hasnt affected me at all :)

Oh good! Thanks everyone, that's really helpful. I'll up my tea intake then!! ;)

xxx

I love tea but unfortunately its milky tea I love so I only get 2 mugs a day with my allowance which when you think about it is probably a good thing because I have to eat something with my tea.........step away from the biscuit tin!!!!:bolt:

I drink 5 or 6 cups at weekend but i can't say if it hinders my weight loss cos i'm a slow loser anyway :p

Tea is free so as long as you aren't drinking so much that you feel like a water balloon you'll be fine. I've given up caffeine for lent but before that I would drink at least 7 cups of tea a day and it has never ever affected my weight loss.

A cup of tea is 10 calories and 1lb in weight is 3500 calories so 4 cups of tea a day is not going to amount to 3500 calories a week needed to gain 1lb (if anyone was drinking 350 cups of tea a week I don't think they'd ever get off the toilet, lol).

I never knew that a cup of Tea was 10cals.
Is that black tea or are you counting the milk?

I remember that at a different slimming club the class manager always said measure your milk, you think it is only a spot of milk but you will be suprised how much you actually use.
But as the orginal poster has said she uses her Hex for her cups of Tea.So she is covered. Just a wee thought for others.
Herbal T now and then is also helpful in increasing your fluid intake and syn free.

I was shocked when you said 4 cups of tea a day, from your post I thought you were going to say you drank ALOT more! I know loads of people who could quite easily double, if not treble that many cups on a daily basis! haha. If you are not going over your daily allowance of milk then I can't see a problem. I have tried cutting down on my tea consumption purely because I LOVE CHEESE and would rather use my HEa on that :) x

I have at least 5 cups of coffee a day which is probably really bad for me - drink decaff when I get home from work but apart from that its the proper stuff.

I have between 4-8 mugs of tea a day with a splash of milk about a teaspoon maybe less, But when I'm working I drink loads of black coffee (because I can drink that cold, so I have one on the go all day!)

On The Way Back said:
I never knew that a cup of Tea was 10cals.
Is that black tea or are you counting the milk?

Yeah, sorry, it's 10 cals without milk. I had a brief flit with calorie counting a few years ago so looked on my tea bag box. I don't drink caffeine ATM coz of lent but normally I have loads of tea a day, I have 2 before 9.30am. Lol. It's never affected my weight loss though.

dreamslim said:
Yeah, sorry, it's 10 cals without milk. I had a brief flit with calorie counting a few years ago so looked on my tea bag box. I don't drink caffeine ATM coz of lent but normally I have loads of tea a day, I have 2 before 9.30am. Lol. It's never affected my weight loss though.

Not sure where 10 cals comes from. 1 cup of black tea with no sugar is 2 cals, so even a massive mug full wouldn't be more than 4 or 5.

I need at least 5 coffees every morning, and theyre BIG coffees, getting on for a pint each! :eek: :D I just allocate 1 HEXA of Kara (450ml) for the lot.

I often have a couple in the arvo an alll to but I 'forget' to count them... :whistle:

Dont know where I going wrong then, as I use 250ml of semi skimmed on 3 cups of tea! But they do have 2 tea bags in each, and its stewed! lol Its quite a big cup too

Dont know where I going wrong then, as I use 250ml of semi skimmed on 3 cups of tea! But they do have 2 tea bags in each, and its stewed! lol Its quite a big cup too

I have two Pg tips bags in mine too, still only a splash of milk

Back