Am I the only one? - Christmas abstainer.

nzmegs

Silver Member
I went to my meeting yesterday and found that I was the only one in my group who stuck to LL for the entire christmas break - 100%

I suppose i kind of felt that most people would stick to it, as that is the purpose of this kind of a diet. You can't just go off it for a day or two without big consequences.

I was very surprised to find that I was the only one.

Am I really the only one and for those who wanted to abstain over christmas but then didn't - why did you give in? What made you decide that you wanted to join in with the fod side of the celebrations. was it pressure from others, a feeling of deprivation, embarrassment...

I know that christmas is special, so I understand that feeling that you have to eat in certain circumstances. I am not judging - just wondering as it might be a key to why we break diets at any time of the year. Acknowledging why might help in the long run.

I think the main thing for those who didn't abstain over Chrismtmas is to go back to their group for a weigh in as soon as possible. Having one day off for a couple of slices of turkey probably won't result in any weight gain, but it can quickly spiral into cake, mince pies, boxing day, glasses of wine, might as well eat at new year too etc etc.

Well done for abstaining over christmas. Some people will have decided not to, had a plan and stuck to it. Others will have had a plan and thrown it out of the window as soon as the opportunity to eat came along. It's those people who need to look at why they felt the need to eat so much during the festive period. It's those habits that need to be addressed.
Personally, if I wasn't on RTM I would still have eaten Christmas dinner and got back on pack again by the evening of Christmas Day. But that's all in the past now. What's done is done and it's time to get back on track if you've had a wobble over Christmas.
Well done you for sticking to it. You'll reach your goal sooner than if you'd eaten anything.
I'm off for a WI this evening. I stuck to my plan over christmas and hopefully the scales will reflect that!

You all did great to stick with it over xmas, you will definitely get to goal quicker.
I had planned to eat xmas food and managed to STS, -1.5, and STS. I was the only one in my group that didn't gain over xmas. Even though I was carefull not to go crazy, it has taken me longer than I thought to get back on plan, but I'm back on it now, and focused on goal.
No regrets, no guilt, and at least I know that next year I can eat with control and not gain over xmas, hopefully I've learned some strategies for next year.

Well done to those people who had a plan and stuck to it. it does feel good to be able to do that. For those who let the mince pies and champagne get the better of them, new year is a good time to get going again. But I agree, stopping and starting makes it so much harder as it is difficult to catch the same motivation you had at the start.

I had to be 100%. It would have been a slipperly slope for me otherwise. I missed class tonight, so I dont know about everyone else, but I do know that one other girl and her mum were 100%

Back