am I totally weird ??!!

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by determinator, 26 November 2009 Social URL.

1. determinator

determinator Banned

Hi, I am now in my 5th week of Lipotrim and feeling good :)
    I have always hated cooking , but over the last few weeks I have started to love it .. cooking far more stews and casseroles and 'proper food' than ever before . i find the smells and process of cooking so satisfying , then wehn I sit down with my other half and kids and watch them eat it whilst I have a shake , I feel great .. and afterwards I feel really satisfied , like I have sat and ate a huge plateful myslef !! I love to smell the food , so then I know what it will be tasting like .. so I feel like I have had some ???
    Does anyone else feel this way or am I just odd ?? My other half thinks I am weird when I ask to sniff his food and drink !!!!!
    Katie

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kellymarie3488

kellymarie3488 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan SS+
    Haha I do that 2! my other half think im really strange! i love to cook but now i do healthy stuff for them.

4. lisa66

lisa66 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.26%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    hay iam the same as you my other half thinks that iam trying to fatten him up but i do find it funny x

5. Cookeh

Cookeh Recovering Cookie Addict

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(36.22%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim & Exante
    hehe I don't personally enjoy sitting around smelling my husband's dinner but good on ya, I bet feeling that way makes cooking for your family that much more enjoyable while on LT.

Glad you're still doing well :)

6. anne-mariep

anne-mariep Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(24.46%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim ~ now maintaining hopefully
    I felt like this throughout my whole experience on the shakes. Like you i felt full from the smells. I missed cooking dinner when they had takeaways, it was heartbreaking haha! Its a great thing to get cooking as wen your finished the shakes cooking for yourself is so SO important coz you can only know whats in your food if YOU cook it. It will help you out alot to start getting used to cooking now coz it will become your most important hobby in the future. haha!

7. graham

graham New Member

I think i have joined the wrong forum here it looks like i am the only male here. :wave_cry:

8. determinator

determinator Banned

hi Graham , I think there are quite a few men on here actually , stick around .. we dont bite !

9. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    Katie, I have felt like that from the beginning. I love to prepare food and find the whole process of preparing food very therapeutic. I am not tempted to sit down and eat any of it. I think I would find it very hard if I was not doing this as it at least gives me something to do at mealtimes!!! I also find that preparing food now makes me think more about the right foods etc.

10. lisa66

lisa66 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.26%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    hi graham if you going to do this then this site is the best friend that you will have lol good luck .xx

11. trixiefoofoo

trixiefoofoo Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    No, me too!!

Although, I used to be a chef, so I do enjoy cooking but I have actually done far more cooking - and baking - since I started LT.

Do find it really tough not tasting things though - everytime I have visitors I make them taste for me!! x

12. dunlop73

dunlop73 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(35.09%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    LT
    No - there are one or two of us.

Jon

13. jay78_uk

jay78_uk Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(20.64%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    i'll second that Jon!!!

Graham that's three you can add!!!

Katie, i'm only on day two and i've already started doing the sniffing thing!!!

my OH has started the maintenance diet at the same time as me doing the TFR so she has a Lipotrim meal in the evening with me (helps to have the moral support!!)

i've started now and will go straight through Christmas too so thats going to be a little challenging but still i've always been putting off weight loss for too long

all the best one and all

jay ;)

14. JD89

JD89 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    No im the same! And if i feel like eating a biscuit or chocolate i ask my hubby to eat it and let me watch!! I dont know why but watching him eat it gets rid of my craving for it!! :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.