Am I weird?

AbsolutelyFabulous

Absolutely Determined!
Ok, ok, ok, so im super excited to be started CD this week.. I can't help it!

After being :cry:morbidly obese for 12 years... I have an overwhelming urge for someone to say to me ":copon:My goodness you look far too skinny, you need some meat on your bones" I just cannot wait for the day it happens.

Seriously, that thought keeps me awake at night. Lol:D

Not weird at all! You sound as if your heads in the right place for doing cd.Soon you will be getting lots of compiliments.Good luck.

of course you are :D ha. no, really. for some reason when i think of myself as thin i can see myself twirling in a yellow sound of music dress.... why? not a clue... i don't even really like yellow.... so you aren't the only one :D

abz xx

I know what you mean i wanted people to notice but its getting a bit annoying for me at the min everyone at work telling me i'm wasting away umm yeah im still 13st 12 not really wasting away??

I am never any good with compliment and i end up getting into a long discusion on why what they said isnt true lol......

I am looking forward to the day that i can look at myself in the mirror and think yeah im prety damn hot lol

u sound like me i cant wait for people to start commenting on my weight loss and i was so excited to be starting cd, im still feeling excited now 4 days into it xxx

Oh gosh, I remember being excited with a tinge of concern that I might not do it.

In hindsight, had I known what I know now, I'd be shouting it from the rooftops. I was the beginning of a new life for me :clap:

Hi Kellybeeb, I used to be really awful at taking compliments, i still am from my mum if she says something nice to me i pull a face at her. She thinks its quite funny. I found if i stopped myself, and just smiled and said thank you, eventually i even started believing the nice things. Also people don't give compliments unless they mean it, (generally) and want you to feel good, so allow yourself to believe its true and your confience will improve.

talking of being weird, my thing is that i like singing, i'm not bad at it and one day i'd love to front a pub band, when i'm skinnier, and i'm worried that if i lose loads of weight i'll suddenly not be able to sing anymore. weird i know!

I love singing too; i used to do lots of shows when i was younger in a drama group. I'd love to join an amateur dramatics society again. :)

By the way; you'll be able to sing even better when you have lost some weight. You'll have more breath control :D

Cheers ab fab!

I used to do am dram too, mostly back stage stuff though, and i was skinny back then. but had no self confidence. I reckon i could do it now though. I'll be finishing uni in a few weeks forever so will probably join a local group then. I've been thinking about it for a while and it'lol keep me busy in the evenings and away from food. lol

I know what you mean i wanted people to notice but its getting a bit annoying for me at the min everyone at work telling me i'm wasting away umm yeah im still 13st 12 not really wasting away??

I am never any good with compliment and i end up getting into a long discusion on why what they said isnt true lol......

I am looking forward to the day that i can look at myself in the mirror and think yeah im prety damn hot lol

OMG I am with you there as I am still 2 1/2 st overweight but what doesnt help is that we are all nurses so I get all the it isnt healthy etc and you need to start eating soon or you will end up with an eating disorder or passing out!
Unfortunately this diet drops my tolerance levels through the floor and I get so cross, but I just smile sweetly and when i get near to healthy weight range I will probably tell them Im eating a meal at home and then they cant say anything!

Like you say cant wait to look in the mirror and feel SEXY:bananalove:

Oh, I am so bad at receiving compliments. I always think whoever is giving my a compliment is taking the mick and walk away analysing why the said that. I think I am going crazy :)

I do that too i find it so hard just to accept someone is saying something nice to me for no personal gain lol

I find it hard to accept them from my Fiance we have been together almost 5 years and i still just either ignore what he has said or just laugh it off.

I am trying the whole thanks thing, find that hard cos i must not do it convincingly cos people then reiterate the comment lol like "you look better than i have ever seen you" "oh ta" "no no i mean it i have never seen you look this good" alright enough now lol but my comment at the moment is you just wait till August then lol that shuts them up a bit or atleast changes the subject!

No you're not weird, I think about it every day. I'm looking forward for people to see my transformation and the compliments.

Hey Paula..
Your not weird.. Just excited and I dont blame you i was the same when I started!!! Its good that you feel this way as it will keep you motivated to stick to it.
Its such a fab diet as the weight comes off fast and makes you feel so good!!!
Good luck honey your will get there and you will have so many compliments you will be over the moon !!!
xx

Well, tomorrow is the day! My doctor signed my forms and my CDC is coming tonight. It's going to be a long journey.. but I'm ready x

Back