Am i wrong to lie

I would lie to get them off your back, this journey can be tough enough without the added hassle of people having a go and undermining you! I've been lucky in that my family have been supportive and people at work have been more fascinated than critical, some did have doubts at the start but after seeing how well I look they have taken it all back!

Georgie
x

Lie Lie and Lie again, I hate the way people think it's useless and you'll never stick to it. I'm on a personal mission to prove my MIL wrong, when I told her what I was doing she laughed and said, good luck I'll be lighter than her very very soon, she's small and round so I'll tower over her with my new slender bod hee hee.xx

ya, i have the same problem with people at work too... they are always like "oh, i'm so worried about you because you are not eating anything" or "come on, one slice of bread won't kill you". and it doesn't matter how hard i try to explain this to them they just don't listen. really frustrating, really wanted to tell them to just go away and leave me alone...lol... guess i'll start telling them that i'm eating at night too. and the funny thing is, the lady who keeps telling me this is younger and bigger than me and for some reason she just keeps telling me that i should eat healthy like she does..sigh

Lie! I am so fed up of people's opinions, and i'm really not interested, even my own mother says on the phone to me "you're not still doing that silly diet are you?", "no" i reply, simple! Working in a garden centre restaurant and one woman gets so concerned that i have taken to buying a sarnie when I leave telling her I will eat it in the car, then chuck it in the bin!!!!!!!:giggle:

Lindy

Oh yes and those words I hear several times a day "why don't you do weight watchers?" and "the faster you lose it the faster you will put it all back on". Nothing like support!

People are always determined to criticise you, in all sorts of spheres of life it seems. I have a horse and I am trying to keep him without shoes as it's more natural for a start (horses aren't born with metal shoes on their feet) and also he's been ill and his feet aren't strong enough for metal shoes yet. But the amount of stick and abuse I get from some people (not everyone) has been unbelieveable. Luckily my vet is supportive and I just tell them that the vet says he's not allowed to be shod - which is true. (Although even when the vet says he's able to be shod, I'm not going to!)

I've got tougher though, if anyone starts on at me I just tell them that it's under the vet's control and they can speak to the vet if they like and they tend to shut up then. In the future when he is better and still not shod I shall tell them he doesn't need shoes.

So I feel like I am well trained to prepare for people asking me about the diet. Firstly I don't criticise what they eat so why it is any of their business what I eat. Secondly that I do have the support of my doctor and I can provide them with lots of information and studies relating to the diet if they like. Hopefully that will shut them up.

Yes it's nice that people are concerned, but once they've had it explained to them they should leave us alone!

I've told my housemate and 2 friends that I'm doing the Cambridge diet, not even my Mum. Not because I am ashamed but because it's really not anyone's business.

So yes, I say either lie, or just tell them you are healthy and being monitored regularly and whilst you appreciate their advice it is your body and you'd thank them kindly to stop bringing the subject up.

Back