Am new and have some questions

helgaw99

Hi all
Started today- had two packs so far and lots of water. Am hungry but feel I can cope. I have some questions:
1) A friend who is on LL told me that once she ate a meal, was totally desperate and just had to eat something. She was then sick very quickly afterwards. It didn't effect her losses and didn't seem to kick her out of ketosis- is this possible? I am worroed she will start being on a regular basis if she thinks it's ok.
2) If CD is a VLCD- then is it possible to eat negetive calorie foods like celery?
3) Is it ok to add salt and pepper to food packs?
4) I know I can have black tea with sweetner- what about granular sweetner to add to the porridge to make it less nasty?

Thanks in advance
Hx

Hi and welcome:)
I don;t think celery is ok but someone will be along to correct me if I;m wrong, pepper is ok but no salt - sorry
sweetner is fine in tablet form but not granules try it with cinnamon or nutmeg its really nice and tbh the porridge is fairly sweet.
I wouldn't try the being sick thing as I don't think it's healthy and can lead to eating disorders(thats if she was purposefully doing that)
Good luck:D

Hi and welcome:)
I don;t think celery is ok but someone will be along to correct me if I;m wrong, pepper is ok but no salt - sorry
sweetner is fine in tablet form but not granules try it with cinnamon or nutmeg its really nice and tbh the porridge is fairly sweet.
I wouldn't try the being sick thing as I don't think it's healthy and can lead to eating disorders(thats if she was purposefully doing that)

Good luck:D

Exactly what i believe to be correct. No salt only pepper.
No celery, only CD sachets. Sweetner in tablet form only.

Stick with it Helga, it gets easier every day - honestly!

im on ss+ and im allowed celery and have eaten lots of it and ive lost nearly 3 stone in 6-7 weeks so its not doing me any harm lol but maybe its different if u r doing LL i dont know?
but my cd counsellor says im allowed it so therefore im eatin it lol,as for being sick..dont even go there,slippery slope to all things nasty. xx

I'm on ss+ too and my cdc never mentioned celery but i'm having the 200mls of skimmed milk rather than food - do you think it makes a difference? I'd eat celery right now if it meant I could chew something that resembles normal food!!!

Celery...

xkatiex
thanks for your reply. So if you are SS+ are you allowed to eat celery whenever you want- or just with your 200 Kcal meal?

I can't believe how much I an lusting after chewing something. Am considering switching to SS+ as think it might make the journey easier and make it less likely for me to give up.

Day 5 today- feel fine- but so missing chewing!

Thanks
Hx

SS+ is just two tablespoons of veg from the allowed list so no you wouldn't be able to eat unlimited celery. It's hotly debated whether negative calorie foods actually exist - until it's scientifically proven by those not trying to sell a diet plan or book then I wouldn't take the risk. If you really have the urge to chew then check out the recipes sticky so you can try making some crisps or a muffin or something. As long as you don;t cook more than one pack a day (excluding porridge) you'll be fine.

i cant eat unlimited celery but my counsellor said im allowed about 3 sticks a day with cottage cheese in (low fat) its really nice,and i have it as part of my once a day meal xx

Back