Am off to Sainsburys...

dawnyp

...which is not my usual place for shopping so can anyone give me tips of some free or low syn foods from there please.
put on 1/2lb in my 1st week so am trying really hard to plan plan plan

thanks all
:confused:

BGTY Roast veg couscous from the fridge is only 1 syn for the whole 250g pot. Or their canned tomato and herb vegetarian ravioli is only 2 syns per can. Both good for when you want something quickly!

I need some more alpen bars if you don't mind.....saves me a job haha
I often have my online food diary open and sains website open on my laptop just looking to see what I can buy. Yes, I know I am sad but you would be surprised what the syns are for some foods!!!

Sugarfree Mallows, you get loads for a few syns.
Vegetable Tinned Chilli is free and lovely with a jacket potato
Quark, not many places do this and you will find loads of lovely recipes on here for it.
Sparkling Flavoured water is free and tastes really good chilled to take the edge of hunger.
Also there organic wholemeal 400g loaf is yummy and keeps really well.
Hope this helps.

Lists

this is all good, reminded me to add Quark and Alpen bars to my list. Am off now so will see how well I do.
thanks for all your suggestions.

Am thinking of doing different lists for different shops - does anyone else do this?

this is all good, reminded me to add Quark and Alpen bars to my list. Am off now so will see how well I do.
thanks for all your suggestions.

Am thinking of doing different lists for different shops - does anyone else do this?

I try and look out for different things in different supermarkets, eg ravioli varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so pick up the "best value" from wherever that is.

You've probably left already, but I like the BGTY cous cous with chargrilled veg - 1 syn for the whole tub, and Sainsbury's own brand ravioli is only 1.5 syns for the can.

Their taste the difference salmon is really good. I won't buy any other salmon now:) Free on red and EE.

well am back now and bought the cous cous and have already started it and it is lush - 1syn for the tub is brilliant. I do make my own cous cous but this is great for being lazy! Also got the Alpen bars - bit expensive but good for a treat. bought their veggie ravioli which looks very yummy, too.
thanks for your tips........esp the cous cous
x:)

Back