Amanda's Recipe Thread (to go with my food diary)

geordie_lass21

Silver Member
Well I started a food diary today to keep me on track so wanted to also share my recipes. Thought best to add them to a separate thread. :)

Veggie Moussaka

I have adapted the recipe from here: Lamb moussaka with feta topping Recipe | delicious. Magazine free recipes

I know it isnt highly rated but I like it (and so does my hubby which isnt the norm when it comes to veggie food.

Serves 4 generously. I serve mine with Salad.
Syns per portion - If using normal feta (3.5 syns), If using reduced fat feta (2.5 syns).

Ingredients
2 aubergines (thinly sliced - maybe about cm think or little thinner)
large onion (diced)
2 gloves of garlic (diced)
4-5 medium mushrooms (sliced)
1 red pepper (diced)
2tbs tomato puree
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
large tin of green lentils (i think it was 400g as same size as tomatoes)
dried mixed herbs
cinnamon
100g feta cheese (diced small bits) - i use reduced fat.
1 medium egg
150g total 0%
Bit of parmesan cheese (finely grated) - About 10gs

Method
1.Oven on 200 (for fan oven - add 20 degrees if not a fan oven)
2. 2 baking trays, covered in fry light and then put sliced aubergines on it (and fry light the top)
3. Turn over after 7-10 mins when getting brown. Add more fry light and do the other side for same time. Then set aside
4. Lower oven to 180
5. Make the "mince" - fry onion, mushrooms, garlic and red pepper (i do each separately and add to a separate larger pan.
6. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, little bit of water, green lentils and herbs and seasoning (salt / pepper). Cook on low heat to simmer for about 20 mins (dont let it boil as said that on can of lentils!)
7. Make up cheese sauce. Beat egg and add yoghurt and diced feta. Season with pepper (not salt)
8. Layer up with half the "mince", half the aubergines, rest of "mince", rest of aubergines, add the cheese sauce. Grate the parmaean over it
9. Cook at 180 for 30 mins

Tip - If you dont have a microplane grater i would recommend it (makes grating hard cheeses go really far).

Slimming World Trifle

This is one of my favourite recipes and I now do it at least once a week.

Serves 4
Syns per serving - 3.5 (including cream), 2.5 (excluding cream)
Ingredients
Harleys raspberry flavour Sugar free Jelly
2 leaves of geletin
8 sponge fingers
frozen raspberries (i use about 4 medium handfuls
2 banana and custard muller light yoghurts
light uht squirty cream (i use morrisons eat smart but anchor do one as well)

Method
1. Soak the geletin for 5 mins in cold water
2. make up the jelly by adding 300mls boiling water, then add the soaked geletin (stir to disolve) and then add the rest of the water (300mls)
3. In 4 tumblers (or large wine glasses) add the following
- 2 sponge fingers (snap in half)
- handful of raspberries
- divide jelly between the 4 tumblers/ wine glasses.

4. Leave to set in the fridge until just before serving. (if you are only having 2 the only put yoghurt and cream on the ones you are making as we often have this over 2 nights).
5. add half a mullerlight to the top of jelly and top with squirty cream (12.5g is 1 syn which is a thin layer over the top of my tumbler)

Back