Puddings Amazing Lemon Cake

That cake sounds lovely....I think I may try it with lemon juice and see what happens...Syn free lemon curd is lovely....Not as thick as jar stuff, but not sure if I didn't do it long enough..Will experiment a bit more

Hi Stacey

I was feeling really low today and really felt like something comforting. I remembered reading this recipe so decided now was as good a time as any.

I made it and have just eaten my first slice

It is fantastc!!!!!! Thank you soooo much you are very talented. I am going to make it again (as I know this one won't last long) on Sunday and take it to my Sister's for dinner as she and my Mum will be there and they are both doing SW I know they will be delighted with it

Thank you so much again

xxxxx

I've got a lemon extract that doesn't seem to contain oil...:confused: Have emailed the makers (in the US) to see what the calorie values etc are so I can syn it...hoping it's nil, zilcho...cause they do a chocolate one too!!

anyway, guess what I'm making tonight! Will let you know how it goes, I'm not fab at cooking but I'm a trier...:rolleyes:

You can buy chocolate extract off the shelf at Waitrose.

Made this yesterday, but didn't have any flour. So used polenta & 1 tsp baking powder instead. Also split mixture between 2 round silicone baking trays & made it into a sandwich with syn free lemon curd....was really nice with almost no syns!

I know you are supposed to syn the polenta if used as flour, but I remember when with SW free food was really free & we were encouraged to do things that are now classed as misuse. It has always worked for me so as I only have time to do these things at the weekend once in a while I will continue.

Glad you did bump this thread as your cake looks gorgeous! Will be getting the lemon essence at the weekend and will have a go!

I think I have just found my taster session treat for Tuesday. I have been on net for 4 hours looking and this keeps jumping out at me. Thank you

OMG I'm gonna make this and eat the whole thing (no joke)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I haven't made this cake in ages! I just started back on SW last week (first weigh in tmrw!). I'm going to save this and make it on a special occasion! I remember it being sooo good!

That cake looks delicious I will have to try this thanks :)

Back