Puddings Amazing Lemon Cake

I made it into fairy cakes, not sure I got it quite right as they went very flat once they'd cooled down, still tasted nice but would have liked a lighter texture.....am determined to try again but will do just one cake this time!

Just tried this tonight Stacey - it was lovely! Was a bit dubious about the texture when i was putting it on the plate as it reminded me of foam - lol! But it was really nice - very light and airy :)
Compliments to the creator!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

LOL at the foam comment - that's a good way of describing it! It has enough sponginess to it for me to believe it's 'real' cake though!

Hi Stacey,

Your recipe sounds so good. Very clever of you!

Mine's in the oven now. I've made with (syn free, I think) lemon flavouring and so it should come in at 11 syns for the cake. I'll let you know how it goes! Gonna mix up some nat yog and vanilla essence now, to have instead of cream. Ooh my mouth is watering!

xx

Ooh that was scrummy! Used a loaf tin and cut it into 6, so about 2 syns per slice. It was so nice I had to go back for seconds!!! xx

Ooooh i am definatley making that this week! Looks gorgeous

Made this today,one for me and one for my mother in law. It is lush, I have just finished a slice :D or 2 :D! I substitued a fresh lemon for the lemon essence and made a syn free lemon curd so it was 9 syns for the whole cake!

Just baked the lemon cake, am not using any lemon curd on top. It has just come out of the oven and smells and looks yummy and it doesnt appear to have sunk in the middle (yet)

However I didn`t have any self raising flour so had to use 2oz of plain flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder - any ideas on how many syns in is the baking powder?

lemon cake

hi all, just taken the lemon cake out of the oven its gorgeous really tasty , put sum lemon curd on top its yum thanks for the recipe xxx

I had a big slice of this cake last night. I topped it with fat free cream cheese (no syns) mixed with a bit of sweetener and fresh strawberries. Omg it was delicious, kind of like a lemony victoria sponge.

I am going to attempt a chocolate gateau next week, will keep you updated how it works.

lemon cake

hi , i made the lemon cake yesterday and its lvli, i just had a slice half hr ago and put sum strawberries on top too,its really nice thanks for the recipe xxxxx

I have just made your lemon cake and it is delicious but I did make a couple of changes.... Because of the comment about it being a bit "foamy" I added 2 finely grated carrots to give it more substance and cinnamon instead of vanilla essence to save on syns.

Thank you for this wonderful addition to my Slimming World recipe collection

Great idea re: carrots?! I must try that! Did it work, do you think?

BTW - vanilla essence/extract is free!

I've got one in the oven now (made it before I saw your carrot suggestion!) and have used grated zest of 1 lemon and juice of 1/2 a lemon instead of the extract to save on syns. Will see if it's still nice and lemony or not!

Ok, I tried this tonight without the lemon extract and have to say - it definitely wasn't the same! I actually didn't like it very much and not sure I'm actually going to eat the rest of it! So for me, the lemon extract is definitely worth adding 2 syns to the cake!

The carrots definately worked, made it taste a bit fruity. The cinnamon was great instead of the vanilla essence but I don't think you can replace the lemony flavour of the lemon essence so I kept that in but I added the juice of a lemon as well. My husband is now demanding this on a weekly basis - it makes a nice change from sugar free jelly as a dessert.

Back