paprika
coriander
ground ginger
mustard seeds
turmeric
garam masala

16 cardamon pods- take out just before serving

1 tsp of hot chilli powder
or more depending if you like it to blow your head off.

Its a bit of a faff taking the pods out, but so worth it. Its got the consistancy of a take away curry, aswell as the taste, totally syn free.

Serve with rice and 2 mini onion bhajis from morrisons (4syns) Yummy Yummy

It really is beautiful, blitzing the onions gives it a proper 'takeaway curry' consistancy, i cant wait to make it again.. Getting all the spices can be expensive but once youv got them i recon you could get 10 currys out of it all, and its so versitile, i recon you could change it about alot, im going to add spinach next time!

Well, I made this for tea tonight after looking forward to it all day, and I didn't really like it :( I found it had a bitter aftertaste, and didn't really taste much like curry, so ended up adding all manner of stuff trying to get it to taste alright. I also had to add extra water as it was extremely thick. I guess I'll keep experimenting until I get it right.
Thanks for the recipe though!

oh no! now im paniced i wont be able to make it myself.. looks like il be commisioning my sister to make it.. she swears its so simple to make you cant go wrong, but now im thinking it takes time and practise.. il make her make me loads and freeze it il think lol x

Usually a bitter after taste means that the spices havent cooked out for long enough.

Well, I made this for tea tonight after looking forward to it all day, and I didn't really like it :( I found it had a bitter aftertaste, and didn't really taste much like curry, so ended up adding all manner of stuff trying to get it to taste alright. I also had to add extra water as it was extremely thick. I guess I'll keep experimenting until I get it right.
Thanks for the recipe though!

I wasn't keen either was ok and I ate it :D but there seemed to be something just not right mine was too runny lol . I make curry a lot of the time too have a recipe for Balti I am going to adapt see what that turns out like :)

Just thinking if its the herbs and spices that need to be cooked first, why not do that while you're frying the onions, cook the spices out too. I always cook my spices, especially the seeds.. then add the dry powder spices, til it gets very dry, then a dash of water.. then carry on cooking it as above.. might make a difference. x

Back