AMERICAN IDOL (d'oh!) How??? Is their ANY talent????

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Blonde Logic, 6 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    K, off topic. ANd? :D

So I am watching AMericon Idol. How in the world did any of these contestants get to this stage. 3 weeks, and not one ounce of talent - god, its embarassingly awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But making me LMAO!!! :rotflmao:

May be a very short season for me!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bigboy77

bigboy77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Diet:
    LL
    I don't know why anyone would want to put themselves through it - and even if they win, barring the few exceptions you never hear of them again. The only real winner year after year is Simon Cowell, he rakes it in.

4. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    SUre he does. But you can't fault him for that - free enterprise and all! I mean, if he can get people to call in endlessly and part with their money, good on him. He does an awful lot for charities too, so I have no probs with that. I like Simon!

I must admit, these typse of shows are a guilty pleasure :D I just love talent shows, and watching people put themselves out there. And while most oare average, every now and again they stumble upon a gem, and I like seeing that happen. :)

Plus its nice to see someones dream come true, even if it's only for a short time.

But - this years talent, well, lol, it is particularly horrible!!! I think.

Oh well. It's free for me, I never vote. ANd usually there is someone in the shows I like. The jury is still way out.

Last edited: 7 March 2009
  5. annaphylactic

annaphylactic Guess who's back...?

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(19.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love X Factor!! In fact, my OH has applied this year which is VERY exciting - so we'll see what happens! You're right though- it is shocking sometimes who gets through - but it wouldn't be prime time TCV entertainment unless there were a few contraversial choices in there! Hehe x

6. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I meant this thread to be about AMERICAN IDOL, not X-Factor!!! Another Blonde Moment!!!

I much prefer X-Factor too. But Idol is rubbish this year.

Good luck to your OH Anna!!

xx

7. tictac

tictac Member

I agree. Some years you can see some real talent that is about to blossom or some real characters that you know will be interesting to watch. This year there is noone that I really am remotely interested in.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.