An Introduction

baalel

2 years ago I was 22 stone and pretty settled in my large life, then my world was turned upside down, finding myself suddenly a widower at age 42.
The loss of my wife led to a major self examination of my life and I decided I didn't want to be fat anymore, having been overweight since birth, I was ready for a change.

18 months of being a bit more active, walking 4 miles a few times a week, and cutting out some of the junk from my diet helped in getting me down to 19 Stone and there the progress
stopped. I sought advice from my GP and was offered a consultation at my local leisure centre with a weightloss / fitness trainer.
I joined the local gym, having spent a lifetime avoiding such places, climbed on a treadmill and havent looked back since.
Last August I started logging what I was eating on MFP, took up swimming as a way to exercise and for enjoyments, now swimming 6 days a week, a mile or so a day.
I now weigh 14st 6lbs, with about another stone to go to my target weight (185lbs).

Welcome!! So sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. But a huge congratulations on your weightloss! It just takes a bit of determination and will power and you'll be a huge inspiration to many on here! :)

Wow that's amazing, your sheer willpower and determination is so refreshing and quite inspirational. Sorry to hear about your loss. Again well done and keep up the good work :D

Back