Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Anaemia

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Shirleen, 28 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I've been anaemic nearly all my adult life, had a hysterectomy last year but it wasn't the magical cure I hoped for.

If I take iron supplements I get diarrhoea really bad so can only take them for four days then a break of fortnight so progress is slow.
    I also have to take Folic Acid and have vitamin B12 injections every 8weeks.
    I get so embarrassed as exertion makes me breathless but only when im especially low (as I am now). So I wouldn't join an exercise class. I hate feeling tired all the time and the palpitations are horrid too!

Is anyone else in the same boat? I thought we could support each other share some war stories!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

I've been anaemic once & it lasted about a month.. have to say, it was the worst month ever! I couldn't do anything. Even breathing made me exhausted :( I am so sorry you have to go through that on a daily basis, I don't know how you do it!

Could you join a lower energy class? I've been thinking about doing some aqua-aerobics, which is usually full of over 65's so I wouldn't really fit in. Lol. I have a problem with my bladder so high impact classes would probably make it worse

4. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im not anaemic, but I suffer with a genetic disorder called haemochromotosis which is too much iron in the blood. I'm a carrier of the gene but it means that I have to give blood regularly to keep my iron levels down. It also effects me in that I suffer tiredness and dizziness the same as you. Exercise wise I can do anything (well apart from the dodgy back!), but swimming and low impact exercises are better suited to you hun.

5. bunnylovesalan

bunnylovesalan Proud Mama :)

I am anemic due to pregnancy and suffer the same symptoms. Luckily though the tablets help with flushing out my system as I have IBS as well and that gives me 90% of the time constipated. So the iron tablets not only help with energy but also help regain equiliaum with my bowels

6. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh that's lucky for you! Glad it helps :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.