No Bread

Shirleen

Gold Member
On my holiday I didn't eat any bread for three days then for a craving and had some... Within 30 minutes my tummy visibly swelled!
I had tests for Coeliac disease years ago due to malabsorption of Vitamin B12, Folic Acid abd Iron, and although my consultant was 99% sure I had it the Biopsy came back normal and Consultant said I was a 'mystery'!

Anyway I've also noticed that I can't stop eating it once I start! I also stopped losing well when I introduced it back into my diet. So tomorrow I'm going cold turkey and not eating bread anymore.
This is a massive decision cos I really love bread!

Prepare for a crabby Shirleen x

I have such a love for bread too but it does really bloat me! I only started SW last week and weirdly I haven't wanted to use my HEX B's on bread, I was quite surprised actually! lol x

I adore bread Shirleen - however last year when I lost my 4 stone I hardly ever ate more than 2 portions a week. I am like you, and if I have some then I definitely want more!

I will join you in avoiding it - I have had some for brekkie this morning ( bananas on toast ) but will lay off it for the rest of the week.

Hope neither of us are too crabby lol. xx

I love bread too, I fine it easy to cut the bread out, but I lovvveee pizza! Unfortunately I have ibs and suffer like hell for days afterwards!

I too struggle with bread, I am a binge eater and if I have it in my diet I tend to binge out on it. I have given it and have it now and again don't miss it as it effects my IBS makes me feel :sign0137:

I would have eaten bread at least twice a day before slimming world. Have also notices that I'm not bloated when I give it up. I actually don't miss it anymore other than the convienence of making a sandwich. Have u tried swapping for whole meal pitta bread?

White bread is like a drug!! In any shape or form lol crusty bread, thick sliced white bread, even pizza I love it its such a shame its high syn :) it doesn't bloat me, wish it did then I wouldn't love it so much lol

White bread is like a drug!! In any shape or form lol crusty bread, thick sliced white bread, even pizza I love it its such a shame its high syn :) it doesn't bloat me, wish it did then I wouldn't love it so much lol

just reading this makes me crave bread! i love it but i to cant have any or i just pile weight on. Even if i only have a HE amount, my body does not like it or likes it too much! and makes me store every last crumb of it as fat. It makes me feel pants too but my coeliac test came back clear so i'm not intolerant to wheat?!? but i have ibs also and if i have too much fibre rich bread it gives me bad tummy pains.

Like i said the week i gained 3Ib bread is the devil! lol

just reading this makes me crave bread! i love it but i to cant have any or i just pile weight on. Even if i only have a HE amount, my body does not like it or likes it too much! and makes me store every last crumb of it as fat. It makes me feel pants too but my coeliac test came back clear so i'm not intolerant to wheat?!? but i have ibs also and if i have too much fibre rich bread it gives me bad tummy pains.

Like i said the week i gained 3Ib bread is the devil! lol

Aww bless you my mam suffers from ibs its a horrible thing to live with.

Sorry I made you crave, think I made myself crave too lol!

its ok i always crave bread!!! its just one of those things. Its much easier to go Ttotal than to have a bit, i've not had any for over a week so its all good

resist the craving!

I'm another determined bread dodger - I have issues stopping eating it and if I don't it sets off my IBS and gives me dreadful heartburn, and it DEFINITELY scuppers my losses, too.

Bunless burgers, anyone?
Lettuce wraps?
Subway salads? (actually these are lovely and much more filling than their rolls because they need a fork!)

Minxy is that you in your Avatar??? I LOVE the colour of your hair, would love that myself!

I have not had bread for a WHOLE week but I must confess that I was searching for the bread last night whilst hubby took baby to swimming. But was really pleased to know hubby was so thoughtful in hiding the bread as he knows I struggle with my binges. So, no bread for me since last week when I ate a shocking 8 slices in one sitting, did I mention I binged :eek:

Bread is a big no-no for me too! I find it bloats me a lot. I feel much better in myself if I avoid it actually.

wenchie said:
I'm another determined bread dodger - I have issues stopping eating it and if I don't it sets off my IBS and gives me dreadful heartburn, and it DEFINITELY scuppers my losses, too.

Bunless burgers, anyone?
Lettuce wraps?
Subway salads? (actually these are lovely and much more filling than their rolls because they need a fork!)

Never thought of a lettuce wrap!! This will really help to stay off bread at work Thanks :)

Lettuce wraps bloat me more than bread - it is one of my no no foods (I have Crohns)

My OH makes our bread and he eats loads of it ( he is thin ) - yesterday he made gherkin and garlic bread and I made him slice and freeze it as it is not so easy to nibble when it is frozen :boohoo:

Back