Anaesthetic..?!

Romilly

Hi guys!

Hope you're all doing great!

I was hoping for a bit of guidance please...

I'm on day 2 of SS and so far so good.

Anyway, tomorrow I have part 2 (of 4!) root canal treatment at my dentists and apologies if this sounds silly, but I'm slightly concerned that the anaesthetic might make me a bit woozy due to the diet. I also have to walk a mile there from the station and a mile back afterwards!

I'm hoping it wont have any effect; after all, it's only an injection in my gum!

Can anybody advise me please?

Thanks in advance :0)

Romilly x

Sorry - no idea - I know that doesn't help but wanted to say hope it goes OK and you get home safely.

Hiya!

It was absolutely fine thank you.

When I went in I told my dentist I am on a VLCD and so could I still have local anaesthetic? When she said yes I said damn! Because I hate needles. Hehe?

Like my boyfriend says (in a supportive way of course), with anyone, the bigger they are the better they cope with anaesthetic; when factoring in CD it shouldn't have any effect, and it didn't!

Many thanks for your reply

Romilly x

Ps I still hate the dentist of course...!

if it went into you gum then fine but if you got knocked out you should not have been in ketosis. always check with your cdc first. they will contact cd medical who gives the correct advice.

p.s.... why so many parts to your root canal? mine had 2.

1. drill it our with temp cover
  2. permanant cover on tooth
2 visits! well 3 if you count the agony i was in a couple of days after cause of a trapped infection.

Like my boyfriend says (in a supportive way of course), with anyone, the bigger they are the better they cope with anaesthetic;

Oh dear, your b/f couldn't be further away from the truth, darling. The bigger (weight) you are the bigger the risk with ANY anaesthetic. I speak from being a yoyo dieter who has had many ops. some major.

At the moment, I am waiting to go in hospital to have a lower esophageal sphincter valve operated on but.......because of my size, I have been told they will give me 3 mths to lose weight as the risks involved with the anaesthetic are too high at the moment. I was 16.7lb & 5ft 3". Still have a long way to go.

Hope everything went well and your making a speedy recovery.

Thats so true CB - I was waiting for a shoulder op last year but the risk was too high for the benefits - eventually they gave in and scheduled me for it - and what a shock when I went for my premeds - they were so confused - in the 6 months after they said I needed the op I had gone from 19St+ to 11.7 - the nurse kept rechecking and rechecking the notes and eventually said - Have you lost some weight? It was a great feeling. Shame its been creeping abck on though!

Anyway Romilly how are you feeling today?

Setas, OMG! What a fantastic result losing nearly 8st!!! No wonder those nurses were shocked! As for slipping back, you've taken the first steps to stop that happening so well done you.

And did I read this right, you've lost a whopping 17lb in your first restart week? If some, double OMG! Wow, that's amazing. Keep up the excellent hard work.

yup fraid so ;-) . I was really shocked too, but had had a terrible week with the loss my dog so kind of think that played a huge part in it. Just hoping I still have a reasonable loss this week as well.

Hi all

Thanks for your posts!

I hope this chilly sunday finds you well; is anyone else finding it hard to part with their beds in the mornings at the moment? I think I'm feeling the cold more on CD!

Great things, the Story of the Tooth is quite complicated. My filling came out then the tooth cracked, following which my dentist kept giving me temporary fillings to see if I could just have that instead of a root canal. However I eventually got an agonising infection and so began the root canal process! Part 1 was removal of all the 'gubbins' (including the nerve), part 2 was measuring the roots (one of the most painful experiences I've ever had), at the next one she'll start filling it and part 4 will be the crown! My dentist did say though, that I may need another one on top of those four! I bet you're sorry you asked now, apologies for the essay... Out of interest, what did your trapped infection feel like? I only ask because I've had some weird pains since Thursday but it's probably just because of all the digging around.

Anyway, great things, how are you feeling? I remember from a previous thread you were very tired; hope you're feeling a lot better now. Could it be an iron deficiency perhaps?

Chaminox bee, thanks for the information (I won't tell steve as he likes to be right..!) in any event I think because it was a local, he was thinking in terms of alcohol on an empty stomach sort of thing. I'm sorry to hear you've got to have surgery. How much weight do you have to lose before they can go ahead with the op? I hope the diet is going smoothly for you.

Hi setas, it's AMAZING how much weight you have lost, good for you! And how funny about the nurse rechecking her notes:) I'm feeling much better now thanks, apart from some weird pains but we'll see how it goes! Really sorry to hear about your dog, I have been there and it's horrible.

Sorry this post has been so long, I hope I haven't bored you all too much!!

Out of interest, what's everyone doing for Christmas?

Over and out!

Rom xx

HI Rom,

your tooth sounds awful - don't do dentists at the best of times. Hope they get it all sorted out with the minimum of fuss (and pain !). I'm SS ing it through Christmas and new Year (just like last year). having seen how tough it is to restart this summer I'm not stopping until I get to goal and work up the plans. I'll do my Step 2 week on week 12 ect but other than that is SS all the way (I hope!). Are you sticking to CD, forgetting it all together or doing a mixture for Christmas?

Hi all

Thanks for your posts!

I hope this chilly sunday finds you well; is anyone else finding it hard to part with their beds in the mornings at the moment? I think I'm feeling the cold more on CD!

Great things, the Story of the Tooth is quite complicated. My filling came out then the tooth cracked, following which my dentist kept giving me temporary fillings to see if I could just have that instead of a root canal. However I eventually got an agonising infection and so began the root canal process! Part 1 was removal of all the 'gubbins' (including the nerve), part 2 was measuring the roots (one of the most painful experiences I've ever had), at the next one she'll start filling it and part 4 will be the crown! My dentist did say though, that I may need another one on top of those four! I bet you're sorry you asked now, apologies for the essay... Out of interest, what did your trapped infection feel like? I only ask because I've had some weird pains since Thursday but it's probably just because of all the digging around.

Anyway, great things, how are you feeling? I remember from a previous thread you were very tired; hope you're feeling a lot better now. Could it be an iron deficiency perhaps?

Chaminox b

the pain was unbearable. paracets didn't touch it. i was sat in the dentists crying in pain, had people asking if i was ok. i have a high pain threshold too. i can't fully remember it now luckily :) i think it was like running up my jawbone. the only relief was (tramadol from my mum :eek: desperae needs and) paracetamol and volterol plus they gave me antibiotics. also holding my face also helped a little too. it went on for days too. 1 day for it to start, another for me to decide it was too bad and i needed the dentist, 3rd for me to still be in pain on the treatment and the 4th i started coming out of the pain. 5th i was ok with no pain.

i've started taking iron tablets as i felt that my iron was getting low (again!) my weigh seems to have decided to move down now too. i think that low iron and lack of weight loss are very much linked! lily (i think) posted that if your iron is low it has a knock on effect for your thyroid gland.

've started taking iron tablets as i felt that my iron was getting low (again!) my weigh seems to have decided to move down now too. i think that low iron and lack of weight loss are very much linked! lily (i think) posted that if your iron is low it has a knock on effect for your thyroid gland.

Thats interesting great things - I often have low iron....hmmm got me thinking now.

Hey guys sorry for late reply; my wifi has been playing up.

I suffer with anaemia as well and so I take Spatone every day, athletes take it (even though it tastes absolutely vile lol)!

Anyway great things poor you that sounds awful! I definitely don't have a trapped infection then, just some post-operative pain. I have part 3 tomorrow at 5pm, not looking forward to it at all, I'm starting to find it all very gruelling now and can't wait for the work to be over... And to think we have to pay for something so unpleasant too...!!

I hope you're all doing fabby (my predictive text wrote 'flabby' then, so glad I noticed, that would've been rather rude of me;-D) and that you have a wonderful weekend.

Love Rom xx

Have fun ? Ttomorrow- hope its not too painful

Hi guys part 3 over, yay! Apparently I do only need one more so that's good. It's very trying so I'm glad it's nearly over!

Great things that sounds like a living nightmare poor you:(

Setas, so sorry I didn't reply to you before about Xmas! Your plan def sounds sensible. I'll be off SS from 24th to 26th, back on 27th to 30th, off again eve of 31st and 1st and back on on 2nd January! I am gonna have lots of protein and low carbs and stick to vodka lime and water for alcoholic drinks! I do know how hard it is to get back on once you've had time off SS but I'm just going to have to summon all my willpower and strength... Fingers crossed!

Xx

Onky one left thats great. I admire anyone that can take a break - wether for 1 day or more- and get back on it- i just cant do it. Mind yiu i was very tempted today- my daughters 7th birthday party and i had made a lovely ( i think!!) cake and iced it etc. i wanted a piece so badly and then she opened jelly babies- omg i wanted one- i sat with the box over my nose breathin in the smell of them!!!

Ha! So funny you should say that cos I sniff food all the time! Made the boyf hold his bacon baguette up to my nose so I could smell it in a cafe earlier... Maybe some people think it's weird but it helps me lol

Hey all, Just read through this thread. I feel for you Romilly - I had a root canal over a year ago and it never got right the infection set in so a month ago i had the tooth removed - which was horrific. It took over an hour and the anesthetic kept wearing off. If you have infection in the tooth a cold compress works wonders on your face.

On another note - some fabulous weight losses on here! Congrats all. I'm just starting out on this journey but am in it for the longhaul.

Hope you're not in too much pain Romilly!

Emms x

Back