And another thing... Sweetners

bigmark66

Sorry, will use up a different post for a different subject until I hit my first 20.

So sweetners, I'm happy without them in my black decaf coffee and I've never really liked the taste of them in some diet drinks - until now of course.

Which are the goodies and badies and why.

Do any take us out of ketosis or is it just other non weight loss side effects that we should be worried about?

TIA

Mark

Splenda is what has always been recommended, can't remember off the top of my head though the daily limit. I'm trying to reduce the amount iv been having as I think that's maybe what's stalling me...... Good on you with the black coffee, if you can live without them stick to that x

teeney said:
Splenda is what has always been recommended, can't remember off the top of my head though the daily limit. I'm trying to reduce the amount iv been having as I think that's maybe what's stalling me...... Good on you with the black coffee, if you can live without them stick to that x

Good on me with the Black Coffee!

Thanks but despite having no cravings I'd rather be dunking milk chocolate digestives into white tea, but that sort of breakfast helped get me into this mess lol.

Well you have willpower not to just by drinking the black coffee, try and stay off the sweeteners if you can then you won't need to find out if they stall you!
Are you able to avoid fizzy drinks and just stick to water? I think it's the fizzy drinks that contain citric acid which are the baddies....

I'm yet to find a sweetener that doesn't stall me or give me cravings... And yes stay away from
Citric acid if you can...

I'd rather be dunking milk chocolate digestives into white tea, but that sort of breakfast helped get me into this mess lol.

LOL we all hear you - I had a massive craving for Highlanders Sweetened Condensed Milk the other day. When I was a child Mum used to leave a tin open in the fridge with a spoon in it, ready for salad dressing - and I'd love to dollop a big dessertspoon or two in the gob. Woke up at 3am two days ago tasting it - actually tasting it :)

Back