And now the good bit......Maintaining!

Not a particularly good weight this morning, I'm up to 9.3! Its not food, but these blinking drugs I'm on and after a fair bit of research I know which one it is......the neuropathic drug! So, im going to see if I can wean off it and hopefully things will go back to normal. Its not just the weight gain, but I have other symptoms as well so think its best I come off them, pain dependant. So, im going to have more red days this week and see how I get on.
Had 27 syns left from last week, so at least I cant blame over eating. Im going to try and have 3-5 meals/snacks this week as well to see if I can speed up my metabolism, cos the drug sloss down the metabolism and also drink at 1-2 litres of clear fluids.

Red

Brunch - granola with nat yog and loadsa chopped fruit
Dinner - meatballs in bbq sauce with roasted veggies

HexA - milk
HexA - 40g lf cheese
HexB - 30g granola
HexB - 30g granola

Daily Syns - Nat yog 1, homemade granola ?10 =11
Wkly syns - 11/105

8/56 days on plan
Weight - 9st 3lbs

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
22/8/13 - 8st 7.5lbs
6/9/13 - 8st 9.75lbs
13/9/13 - 8st 9.5lbs
20/9/13 - No WI
27/9/13 - 9st 0.25lbs
4/10/13 - 9st 1.25lbs
11/10/13 - 9st 3lbs

Looking at the weekly weight gain, it does correlate with the increase in my drugs, so I've started to wean off them now and see if I can manage just on the painkiller. I've been on the neuropathic drug since May '12, so I do think I need to see what I'm like off it. I've also had a light breakfast and will see if I can eat a bit more today.....roll on next Friday and lets hope its a positive result.
I made some granola last night and worked out the calories......high lol! Hence why I'm only having 25g as a hexb!

Red

Breakfast - 25g granola, nat yog and chopped apple
Lunch - 25g granola with nat yog and loadsa chopped fruit
Dinner - meatballs in bbq sauce with roasted veggies

HexA - milk
HexA - 40g lf cheese
HexB - 25g granola
HexB - 25g granola

Daily syns - nat yog 2, quavers 4 = 6
Wkly syns - 17/105

9/56 days on plan
Weight - 9st 2.5lbs

Last edited:
Kim very frustrating for you to be on plan and gain but much better you know why. don't be suffering without them though.
what is granola?

Kim very frustrating for you to be on plan and gain but much better you know why. don't be suffering without them though.
what is granola?

My head is all over the place at the mo Deb and I'm so fed up with it, its driving me nuts. But seeing the Consultant this week, so hopefully I'll get some answers.
Granola is toasted oats with lots of other bits in it like seeds, nuts, dreid fruits......gorgeous with natural yogurt and fresh fruit. Ive tried most of the makes now and made my own the other day, but it is rather high in calories/syns, so has to be weighed carefully! They vary in price and taste and we had 6 on the go at one stage to see which one we prefered lol!
I find it very filling especially with all the fruit and I use natural yogurt and syn it as much tastier than the low fat stuff!

Meals are going to be the same for the next few days cos hubby cooked a roast pork and its doing 6 meals in total. He cooks enough for 4 meals but I can always stretch it out to 6, cos we have different ideas on portion size.....as in his is twice the size of mine lol!
Im not getting my hopes up, but I'm 3lb down since Friday so I hope that stays and more by this Friday!
Red

Brunch - 50g granola with nat yog and loadsa chopped fruit
Dinner - roast pork and veggies

HexA - milk
HexA -
HexB - 25g granola
HexB - 25g granola

Daily syns - nat yog 2, gravy 2, potatoes 4, muller dessert 5 = 13
Wkly syns - 30/105

11/56 days on plan
Weight - 9st

Last edited:
3rd day in a row the same food yipee!

Red

Brunch - 50g granola with nat yog and loadsa chopped fruit
Dinner - roast pork and veggies

HexA - milk
HexA -
HexB - 25g granola
HexB - 25g granola

Daily syns - nat yog 2, gravy 2, potatoes 4, quavers 4 = 12
Wkly syns - 42/105

12/56 days on plan
Weight - 9st 1lb

Last edited:
Enjoyed my 3 days of roast dinners, but looking forward to a change lol!
Grr, couldnt get any extra lean mince, so ended up with the lean mince draining the fat off. Not sure if the syns are still the same draining the fat off but I'll count it as such. Also wanted some of those Muller desserts and Morrisons didnt have any of those either, so I'm going to try the ww ones........*edit* tasty, but certainly not worth 3 syns!

Red

Brunch - granola with nat yog and loadsa chopped fruit
Dinner - minced beef and veggie stir fry

HexA - milk
HexA -
HexB - 25g granola
HexB - 25g granola

Daily syns - nat yog 2, ev olive oil 2, hoisin 3, mince 2, ww yogurt dessert 3
Wkly syns left - 54/105

13/56 days on plan
Weight - 9st 0.75lbs

Last edited:
Just had 3 days off plan tuttut! On Thursday I had an appointment with my pain Consultant and he offered me an epidural that afternoon. Anyway, it thru me off healthy eating for a few days, but back to it now!

EE

Breakfast - 30g granola with nat yog and loadsa chopped fruit
Lunch - mugshot
Dinner - spag bol

HexA - 40g lf cheese
HexB - 30g granola

Syns - nat yog 2, milk 2
14/56 Days on Plan

Another chocciegate day yesterday.....what is wrong with me!!!
New day, new week so lets see if I can at least get 5 days on plan!

EE

B - granola with nat yog and loadsa chopped fruit
L - pea and ham soup
D - bolognese and sw chips

HexA - lf cheese
HexB - 30g granola

Syns - nat yog 2, milk 2, skips 4

14/56 Days on Plan til Hubby's 50th

Last edited:
ANOTHER off plan day yesterday!!! Went out for lunch with some friends and couldn't resist the set 3 course meal......glad I didnt resist cos it was one of the most tastiest meals I've had in a long time.
Im losing track a bit on days on plan so I'm glad im writing it down, but will definitely be a healthy day today, just not sure what I'm having yet!

B - granola with nat yog and melon
L - pea and ham soup
D - lamb rogon josh and rice

HexA - milk
HexB - 30g granola

Syns - nat yog 1, choc 10

15/56 days on plan til Hubby's 50th

Last edited:
Today will be another good day cos its WI tomorrow and I'm hoping for a loss even tho I havent been that angelic on the SW front lol! Including today, I will have been on plan 16 days since starting my diary back up again 3 weeks ago, so thats 5 days off plan! My last weight was 9.3 which is not acceptable!
Not sure what I fancy for my dinner, but thats the beauty of bulk cooking and freezing meals.....I can just take out what I fancy on the day.
Hubby back tomorrow and I'm going to cook him a 3 course meal with a nice bottle of red. It wont be SW friendly, cos I want to make a Baileys cheesecake, as I need to make sure it comes out ok as I'm cooking a xmas meal for my girlfriends in December and they have requested I make it, so I need to perfect it......thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol!

Green

B - granola with nat yog, melon and banana
L - ryvita, light phili and tomatoes
D - pea and ham soup

HexA - milk
HexA - light phili
HexB - 30g granola
HexB - 4 ryvita

Syns - nat yog 1, ryvita 2, ham 4, fudge muller dessert 5

16/21 days on plan

Last edited:
Yay, WI day......lost 4lbs since last WI 2 weeks ago, so I'm back down to 8st 13lbs thank goodness. DO NOT like being in the 9's at all! I've also come to a decision about my target weight........I'm moving it from 8st 7lbs to 8st 11lbs! I battled to get to 8st 7lbs for my big birthday and I really dont want to spend the rest of my days fighting with food to sustain that, because I dont think thats achievable and why that number?!
Since I reached that target of 8.7 in May, I would say on average my weight has been 8st 11lbs and I do feel really happy and comfortable at that weight, so thats where I'm heading for......a sustainable weight of 8st 11lbs! My body is obviously happy at that weight cos thats where it seems to settle with the way I'm eating at the moment, probably 80% SW, 20% off plan.

So, today I'm treating hubby to a homecooked 3 course meal......off plan of course lol! :D

Well done on the loss! Enjoy your meal xx

Im ok thanks Debbie, trying to stay positive about everything, but its a bit hard with everything going on with my Charlie who is my baby :( She is deteriorating and I tried adding in a new painkiller this week, but she just lost her legs, so stopped that straight away ! Vet advised increasing her Tramadol to the max amount and she is a lot more settled on that dosage now thank goodness. Looking after her is all consuming.....she had me up at 5.30 this morning.....and we're sleeping downstairs on an airbed cos she cant get up the stairs anymore and cries at the bottom of the stairs when we tried to go up without her :( ! We have a kingsize airbed luckily, cos once there's the 2 of us, the cat and occasionally Charlie, it can get a bit snug lol!

On the food front, I'm not doing too bad apart from the weekends when hubby gets home and then we 'treat' ourselves cos we've been 'good' all week ! I know it could lead to a slippery slope, but I'm not really in the right 'head space' at the moment, what with Charlie, my neck problems blah blah blah !
I seem to be averaging at 9 stone, which ideally is a few pounds heavier than I'd like to be, but I can put up with that at the moment. I think once Charlie goes over the 'rainbow bridge' I will be able to concentrate on me then, so until then I'll plod on as I am.
I know that I need to keep a food diary to stay focused and as you can see its gone a bit pear shaped !
I can still fit comfortably into my size 10's and I bought a pair of size 10 jeans recently that are a wee bit loose, so I dont think I'm doing too badly :)

Sorry Debbie I seem to have waffled on a bit there, but thats my lot at the mo......some good :), some not so good :(

You seem to be maintaing very well and it will be the exercise doing that and I cant wait to be in that position where I can basically eat what I want.....healthily of course.....and balance it out with my cycling. You've obviously got a very good balance going on, so well done you x

Im ok thanks Debbie, trying to stay positive about everything, but its a bit hard with everything going on with my Charlie who is my baby :( She is deteriorating and I tried adding in a new painkiller this week, but she just lost her legs, so stopped that straight away ! Vet advised increasing her Tramadol to the max amount and she is a lot more settled on that dosage now thank goodness. Looking after her is all consuming.....she had me up at 5.30 this morning.....and we're sleeping downstairs on an airbed cos she cant get up the stairs anymore and cries at the bottom of the stairs when we tried to go up without her :( ! We have a kingsize airbed luckily, cos once there's the 2 of us, the cat and occasionally Charlie, it can get a bit snug lol!

On the food front, I'm not doing too bad apart from the weekends when hubby gets home and then we 'treat' ourselves cos we've been 'good' all week ! I know it could lead to a slippery slope, but I'm not really in the right 'head space' at the moment, what with Charlie, my neck problems blah blah blah !
I seem to be averaging at 9 stone, which ideally is a few pounds heavier than I'd like to be, but I can put up with that at the moment. I think once Charlie goes over the 'rainbow bridge' I will be able to concentrate on me then, so until then I'll plod on as I am.
I know that I need to keep a food diary to stay focused and as you can see its gone a bit pear shaped !
I can still fit comfortably into my size 10's and I bought a pair of size 10 jeans recently that are a wee bit loose, so I dont think I'm doing too badly :)

Sorry Debbie I seem to have waffled on a bit there, but thats my lot at the mo......some good :), some not so good :(

You seem to be maintaing very well and it will be the exercise doing that and I cant wait to be in that position where I can basically eat what I want.....healthily of course.....and balance it out with my cycling. You've obviously got a very good balance going on, so well done you x

hugs Kim....when our dog went over the rainbow bridge it was sudden with no room for thinking so i can only imagine how you must feel. i always get upset 5 years on and completely sympathise with you guys. i wouldn't be worrying about food though it doesn't seem you are and quite rightly. its the least of your worries.
honestly try to stay positive but hear to listen when you need us x

Back