And so it begins...

kdm

Hi Everyone!
I'm finally ready to face up to my weight problem, after years of self loathing, and numerous quick fixes and short lived successes. I know it will take time, and a lot of hard work, and i am committed to achieving my goals this time. I personally think that 90% of the difficulty of weight loss, is being in the right frame of mind to succeed, but I really feel like this is it.
In the last 3 years, I have put on 3 stone, althought I wasn't 3 stone less than I am for a very long time, I was there once, and I know I can get there again. I've never admitted quite how much I weigh to anybody, but my weight is on my mind, 24/7, unfortunately, food is also on my mind 24/7 :D
I'm hoping that writing on these forums and really owning up to my weight problem and accepting it so that I can do something about it will make me more accountable to myself. It makes sense to me :p I think i'm really going to need support, I have a lovely boyfriend and family, but they tell me i'm fine as I am, which is not what I need to hear when I am concerned about the health implications of my being so overweight. Though, I know that there intentions are good. So, sorry for my rambling. Onwards and upwards (well-downwards on the scales) from here, i am hoping. I am tired of feeling constantly dissappointed in myself and disgusted with my appearance, and I'm finally ready to embrace the fact that i'm the only one who can fix it!
Thinking Positive Thoughts.
K x

Hi, I have just started too, I want to lose just under 70 lbs and I feel more positive than I have for a long time, I agree, most of my weight problem is in my mind. I have a mental battle not to 'cheat' when I'm on diets but this time I am determined that I will do it! We just need to keep coming on here to get inspired when we feel like shoving that cake in our mouths! :)

Welcome to the forum !!

You will find that talking about your issues and really understanding them will help you alot :D It has for me :D

I am in the same frame of mind as you - it takes a long time of being unhappy with yourself but now that your here - the only way is down the scales !!

x

Wow Karen, i have just seen how much you have lost and very consistently too. I wish I could fast forward a month and be a stone down. It's always the beginning where I find it so easy to fall off the wagon but this time I have a ticker! I can't fail lol. :0)

Hi girls :)
It's so nice to talk to people who understand!! Karen-thanks for the welcome your weight loss is amazing! iIm feeling inspired looking at how many lbs you've lost on your ticker! Go you! p.s your cat is so cute!
Strawberry220 i really think coming on here will help us not to shove cake in :) i'm gonna start sending the updates to my phone so i have constant reminders! How are you finding your diet? When did you start, which one are you doing?
xx

I am just doing calorie counting really and have cut fat out of my diet, I am kind of an all or nothing person so I need to be strict to stay on the straight and narrow if you know what I mean. I am trying to keep the 'nothing tastes as good as being slim feels' mantra in my head! To be honest alot of my eating is just mindlessly eating crap, not sitting down to a lovely meal! I do get very angry at myself for doing this to myself not just because I look awful but I used to be so fit and loved running and now i have 2 kids who would love me to run around. My weight has made me so self concious that it has stopped me doing endless things, with the children, socially, it really has had such a negative impact on all areas of my life and it really is only me that can change it, I have it within my power to completely change me, my life and my family's life so why is it so hard??? It should be a no brainer. Aaaargghh! But I really am so sick of it now, I want to feel my age, I am 34 and I feel 74!! This Christmas I actually want to be in some photos with the kids instead of making sure I am behind the camera! We can do it! xx

yes we can!!
Good for you:) its fantastic that you're doing something that will have such a drastic impact on your family life! I want to look better by christmas as well, so ive bought a thinspiration dress to wear :) one size less than i currently am, and fingers crossed ill fit into it!!
xx

I have thinspiration jeans! x

What a great mind set...that's absolutely right. If change is going to happen then you have to make that ultimate decision to change. Don't let anyone get in the way of your goals...even if that means family and friends!

Back