Andi's trek mission!

andilou

Hi all,

I have been going to SW for just over 4 years now. The first year and a bit went really well - then I kind of lost it! I still carried on going to class, but didn't carry on losing weight!!!! I stayed the same (give or take 7 lbs) for 2 and a bit years - and then it started to go back on. All my fault - no one / nothing else to blame!!!!!

In January this year I signed up to do a 5 day trek at the Grand Canyon in September 2014 for (and through!) Marie Curie Cancer Care, as 2 of my friends had been diagnosed with cancer. Sadly, on 16th November one of these friends, who I met at SW on our first day, lost her fight against the horrible disease after bravely fighting it for 3 years. She was so behind me doing the trek (even holding a coffee morning to raise money for me at her house the week before she died), that I am going to rejoin my group tonight and start again. No more old awards to look at. No more old weight gain / loss to look at.

It'll be strange without her physically being there (on the naughty back row!) - but I've got 42 weigh ins to go before my trek, and would love to get as close as possible to target before I go! I'll change my stats after weigh in tonight - as they're wrong!!!!!

The fundraising side of it is going much better that I thought it was going to - so I need to concentrate now on the losing weight / fitness side of it. Today is the first day of that.

I'm going to do some cooking this afternoon so I have food for when I get home late from work (shift worker!) - or when I don't want to cook for the next week.

So, if anyone is still reading this, I'll try and keep this updated. I follow the green plan, as very rarely eat meat! Fingers crossed I can do this!

Andi x

Well, I've rejoined and got my shiny new book with no stickers or previous weights in it!

It all starts tomorrow! Made some tomato soup today which is in the fridge, and a veggie sausage, bean and veg concoction - also on the fridge!! That's about 6 meals I don't have to worry about! Back to the gym tomorrow as well.

I CAN do this!!!

Andi x

Hey Andi,

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. A 5 day trek at the Grand Canyon?! That's amazing!!

Good luck with your weight loss journey - I'm a veggy so am following green too :) x

Hi Jessie,

Yeah a 5 day trek at the Grand Canyon!!! When Mandie, and another friend, were diagnosed it was the decider for me to do the trek. I've looked at them before but always had a reason not to do it!

I know she was so behind me and often told me how proud she was - so I have to do it for her!!!

Back