Andy's diary 2011

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
Hopefully not like every other (real) diary I've ever had, where I have entries for 3 days, then nothing.

I used to do this in notepad on the pc at work (instead of working), and basically write to myself. But I want something more accessible. Though given this is public, it'll likely not be as personal.

I'm a few days into my LL restart. I've been struggling today - I'm hungry again. I've dropped back out of ketosis (likely because I used some sugar coated ibuprofen without thinking). Bloody starving. And three pounds up (hopefully just water!).

Earlier tonight, I wobbled quite badly and started to focus on how hard this is, and how long I needed to do it for.

So I've done three things.

1) Start this diary.
2) Listed 40 reasons why I'm doing this (which I will share when I have time to type it down).
3) Re-read and bumped my thread of a couple of years ago, about defeating the passage of time.

I'm still starving but it's helped.

Good luck hun, once you get back into ketosis the hunger will subside xx

I'm still hungry - but still 100%. And my jaw still hurts a lot (dentist thinks it's bruising from the work I had done monday. Hope it is gone soon as it's hard to cope with very little pain relief.

Had my first meeting tonight - lost 14.5lbs last week. Great first week - just hope I have some great weeks ahead to ease methrough this. Definitely going to di the first 8 weeks of rtm. The last 4 I can do myself as i'll only be adding a coupler of things to my diet.

Getting ahead of myself though.

Tried the toffee bar tonight. Oh my - I prefer that to the cranberry - wish id had more than two!

I'm still hungry - but still 100%. And my jaw still hurts a lot (dentist thinks it's bruising from the work I had done monday. Hope it is gone soon as it's hard to cope with very little pain relief.

Had my first meeting tonight - lost 14.5lbs last week. Great first week - just hope I have some great weeks ahead to ease methrough this. Definitely going to di the first 8 weeks of rtm. The last 4 I can do myself as i'll only be adding a coupler of things to my diet.

Getting ahead of myself though.

Tried the toffee bar tonight. Oh my - I prefer that to the cranberry - wish id had more than two!

Yum - toffee bars - wish I had some left!!

Well done for staying strong - the hunger will be gone soon :):) xx

Last edited:
Love the toffee bars the others are just so sweet! Hope the pain eases xx

Just came home to find one of ourguineas dead in the garden. His hutch broken open - probably by a dog. His brother is alive but terrified.

Poor playboy.

Just waiting on yvonne to come home so I can break the news.

Ahhhh sorry about your bad news today. Well done on your amazing loss.
I love the peanut bar best i think.

Good luck with it

Welcome and Good luck on your weight loss journey.
Sorry to hear about your poor guinea pig.
Cathy

Thank you ladies x

Think I'm finally in the zone now - still having pain but back in ketosis and not craving food at all. I have no real concerns about being able to life the weight. I'm looking forward to watching it come off and enjoying the empty feeling.

My younger brother is going to be starting ll in july, so I want to make sure he can see the results to help him through the hard part.

Haven't drunk enough water today though - a couple of pints. I usually manage three litres.

Back out of ketosis, and the pain is back worse than before. Maxed out on my pain meds. Have appt friday morning to sort. Will have extraction if needs be.

So hard - to be hungry for most of two weeks, while in pain. Struggling but not giving up.

Good on you for not giving up. Trying times.

Keep fighting the good fight x

Thanks ladies - it's been hard but the end may be in sight. I lost 4.5lbs. The pain is gone for now, so hopefully ketosis beckons.

It'll be easy street in comparison!

Back