Andy's "to be a thin dad" diary

It's definitely an ocd trigger for me too. On the night of day 2, I weighed myself after every wee lol

Fingers crossed its the bars but that I can still have them. I may even try having them in half.

2 more days eh? You going to make your weight target or you already done it? x

I'm pretty much there.. if hopefully hospital scales are the same.. not sure whats best to do tommorow, think just water/coffee ..cant risk a single pound coming back!!

I only buy 10 bars or so a month, didnt get any last time. They are a nice treat, but just seem to trigger binges for me. So I keep em to a minimum!!

Fingers crossed that hospital weight is the same or better!

It's funny, I never cheat on these diets (e.g. have a problem with the bars) - I cheat on every other type. As long as I am 100%, I am 100%. If I crack, it's more that I decide I'm done. I have 49 bars, so that's the next 7 weeks anyway! x

Couldn't bear it anymore not weighing myself. Only managed 3 days! Had lost 2lbs, which means I have hit my next target - I am back in the 15's!

Has been a hard day for some reason, lots of negative feelings. But I feel better now. Did have that little voice in my head a couple of times trying to push me to stop. But he's gone now. Good job too as my packs arrived today. I'm not very busy at work, so finding it harder to distract myself. Probably what gets me thinkng so much.

Anyway, I have a thought for the day which should help me. You have to set the right goals.

There are 2 schools of thought with goals.

1) Set your end goal and focus on it.
2) Set a long series of mini goals.

Only setting an end goal, is probably the worst thing you can do - it means you focus only on the end result and makes for a very long process. You don't take pleasure in the smaller goals.

You'd think option 2 would deal with that. But does it? I realised today, despite all my mini goals, I stil spend 90% of my time thinking about the end goals.

So, I've decided. The only goal I will think about is my next goal (of each type). I have 3 types. Weight, Trousers and shirts.

So I only have 3 goals just now.

1) To get to 220lbs (meaning I've lost 110lbs)
2) To get into 40" trousers.
3) To get into 17" collar shirts.

I know I have tons of other goals but for now, these are the next ones I am aiming to reach and I will think only of them. I will celebrate tyhem, then I will replace them. Wish I'd thought of this sooner.

Great thinking there Andy. Well done you for getting into the 15's.
I only set myself daily challenges. It beats trying to get to the end of another week!
Plus every night you just have to worry about tomorrow.
Makes life easier for me anyway.

Have decided to take a break from the bars - was hungry again today. The only problem is I also used 3 blasts of a breath spray. I wish I hadn't, as that can also cause issues.

So we'll see what a week of no bars does.

Bit down about it really.

Been hungry all day but actually feel quite happy. If I'm right and have an issue with the bars, then at least I'm sorted now. I'm getting close to my next target and excited that I'm going to get everything I want. I'm only a few pounds from reach what I consider to be my normalcy zone - where I may still be obese but I start to feel much slimmer and look ok in clothes.

Thought for the day: Smaller bowls, smaller plates, smaller spoons. There's no easier way to cur down on overeating.

Been hungry again most of the day but feeling pretty happy. I'm going to switch to drinking just water, with the occasional coffee (I get through a lot of coke zero).

I'm still losing weight but just want to feel that warm glow again! Whatever happens, I'm getting where I want to go!

Good luck on ur next target andy! Ur doing great!

I was murder for just drinking coke zero and creamsoda!

Hope u have a lovely eve xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

SerenityValley said:
Been hungry again most of the day but feeling pretty happy. I'm going to switch to drinking just water, with the occasional coffee (I get through a lot of coke zero).

I'm still losing weight but just want to feel that warm glow again! Whatever happens, I'm getting where I want to go!

Go for it SV!
I cant drink any pop, even if it's zero as I just want to put something naughty in it!lol..
I drink water, black tea and coffee and green tea. When I got bored of water I used the s&s flavourings, only need a teaspoonful and it worked for me so they lasted twice as long!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thank you my lovelies :)

can't wait for the morning to get my weekly weigh in. I want to update everything with what I have lost! Then I can start week 3 in earnest!

We have some bacon medallions and I might have 1 or 2 tomorrow for breakfast (they are esentially fat trimmed versions of the "back" bit of back bacon).

Good luck mate!!

Hmm I loves abit of bacon on s&s, proper felt like a treat!! Xxx

stef2009 said:
Good luck mate!!

Hmm I loves abit of bacon on s&s, proper felt like a treat!! Xxx

Mmmmm bacon!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I lost 4.4lbs this week, which means I have actualy lost more than I hoped for (I hope for a low of 3 and a high of 4). I'm only an exciting 0.4 from my next target!

Great start to a long weekend and softens the blow that I have to get up soon and clean the kitchen lol

Have lost a total of 14.6lbs in 2 weeks, 27.4lbs this year and 109.4lbs in total.

Last edited:
Well done andy thats brilliant! Really chuffed for you xx

Youve done great!!! Any plans for the weekend? x

Not too much - housework first, then probably shopping (we'll throw in a visit to toys r us). My OH is getting pretty drained and isn't ale to do too much. What's bout you?

Ahhhh I loved going to toys r us and babies r us when I was pregnant!! Hope u have a good mooch round :)

Don't u just love housework lol

Awww bless its a nightmare when u get to that stage in pregnancy! Hope she's managing to rest up.

Me? Oh nothing! Just celebrating my ridiculous gain I've had today pfffft!!!

Xxxx

Try not to panic over any gains. Your body is in a state of flux at the moment, and needs time to settle. Especially after having been I vlcd land. I'm planning a slow refeed when I'm done.

Back