Angel's Fat Loss Diary & Exercise Regime

Please please please! Don't cut your calories back to below 1000! It was a baseline in the 60's when I was a spring chicken! But now it's no longer recommended as you lose lean tissue. ie muscle! And you need loads of muscle to maintain your metabolism! Obviously I'm biased as I go to Slimming World, BUT we have lots of teenage girls who are losing loads of weight on a diet that means eating healthy stuff and not starving. You never need to be hungry, and you'll shed loads of weight! To exercise you need protein and plenty of it. The other thing is you can eat without feeling guilty! The body image sessions afterwards deal with how you feel about yourself and give you loads of ideas about what to eat, how to deal with temptations, and you get rewards for exercising. Please don't try to do this alone! There's alot of help out there! Unfortunately exercise is only one part of losing weight, the major factor is getting your head right and being sensible about it. If you sort it out now then you'll save yourself a lifetimes anguish! Good luck.

Ha, funnily that sounds like something my mum would say except she's absolutely clueless about calories. Anyways, I've only ever ate less than 1000 the once because I felt so guilty. And I don't think I did any exercise that day so I didn't really see the harm in it for just a day to sort of cancel out with the previous day. Also, I'm someone that's always telling others not to lower their cal intake too much because of increased muscle loss and lower metabolic rate and all that, so I guess it was a bit hypocritical of me, even if it was only for a day. I always try to eat a lot of protein though whenever I can. And I always try to eat above 1000, at least about 1200, because I don't want my body to end up preserving the fat and not losing it.

Today, exercise wise: did 20 mins HIIT/LIIT & 10 mins brisk walking. Didn't do 30 day shred though as had guest over and I don't think it would be too flattering if they saw me working out in the living room lol.

Okay, quick update: Lost 3lbs this week. Major crisis. I know alot of people on here would be chuffed with such a result, but personally I'm ticked off. Yeh would be happy if it was 3lbs pure fat, but I know it must mean that it was either mainly water loss, or a mixture of fat and muscle loss, which is never a good thing. Arghhh. Good news? Nearly everyone is mentioning how much weight I've lost, and how slimmer I've gone, even though it's only been about 1 to 2 months or so. My sister in law also said how much better my skin has become and how radiant it is lol.

Also, family is very supportive. Everyone in my family is on an exercise regime now haha even though they don't need it. 2 of my brothers are doing the P90x because they want to bulk up and gain these mahusive muscles LOL. My sister wants to tone up her stomach a bit, even though she doesn't need to. She's a size 8, gosh, but she is a bit 'skinny fat' in that she doesn't have much muscle. I want to start the P90x after august/september, the lean approach, well to obviously get lean. Gonna take so much motivation to stick to it for 3 whole months, but we'll see!

Okay, so update: Bad news? (lol there's always some bad news), I was too damn lazy that I hadn't exercised for the last 5/6 days or so (let's just say a week), I was on my reds and well it just felt too uncomfortable to exercise, and well stuff had happened for the previous 2/3 days, but I'm not even going to make excuses as it was all my fault that I was too lazy to get my big butt up and active. Good'ish sort of news? Lost a further 2lbs somehow. :S But it hasn't made me happy as I know that without the exercise it definately isn't fat that I lost. So just gonna start on a new slate today and go back to how it used to be.

Other update: I decided to lower my weight goal. I don't know why though, but a goal BMI of 24.9 was bording on overweight, so decided to lower it. But like I said and I'll repeat again, when I get to my major goal of a size 12 (or a size 10/12) then I don't really care what my weight is. Just lowering it is kind of motivating me and I know that I wont back out and keep going until I reach that goal. For example if I was to reach my previous goal of 145lbs before I reached my major goal of being a size 12, it might have made me a bit complacent and I would not have tried as hard, whereas now I can sort of keep going I guess. Either way, I'm not too fussed on the weight front, as long as my body follows the fat losing process.

Angel you worry me! Why would you say that a 2lb weightloss would not be fat and be unhappy about it? I lost 33lbs in the past and didn't do a minutes exercise! It couldn't all be water retention! In fact however much exercise you do it will only add up to 1-2lb per MONTH! 1lb of fat is 3,500 cals! How much exercise is that? So come on! Exercise may speed your weightloss a little, but it's what you eat , or don't eat that makes you lose weight!

Angel you worry me! Why would you say that a 2lb weightloss would not be fat and be unhappy about it? I lost 33lbs in the past and didn't do a minutes exercise! It couldn't all be water retention! In fact however much exercise you do it will only add up to 1-2lb per MONTH! 1lb of fat is 3,500 cals! How much exercise is that? So come on! Exercise may speed your weightloss a little, but it's what you eat , or don't eat that makes you lose weight!

Ha, made me smile. I know diet has a major factor in fat loss, but without exercise, it wouldn't be effective if you see what I mean. But yeh you're right. :)

Okay haven't been exercising for past few days or so and wont be for the next month or so as I'm fasting due to it being Ramadhan. :) Still, im at a good stage now and know I wont go back to my old ways and im still all set on getting to a good size by early 2010 or sometime in 2010. :D

Oh and was also happy when my friends told me how much slimmer i look and how much weight i lost. I still can't see any significant changes, but these are people that I haven't said anything to about my fitness regime and people i haven't seen since i started, so was a confidence boost. :)

It's always good when people start to comment on your weightloss. It means that it's really noticeable. Are you taking photos every month? I have a secret folder on the PC and when I feel fat I look at my before picture and count my chins!) The other thing I do is take my measurements every month.It all helps to prove my shape is changing.
You sound alot happier with yourself! Keep up the good work.

It's always good when people start to comment on your weightloss. It means that it's really noticeable. Are you taking photos every month? I have a secret folder on the PC and when I feel fat I look at my before picture and count my chins!) The other thing I do is take my measurements every month.It all helps to prove my shape is changing.
You sound alot happier with yourself! Keep up the good work.

Yeh it's great. :D My weight loss success so far has been spreading about like flies. Everyone is asking me what i did lol and little do they know that the secret = exercise and healthy eating.

I took before photos and I sometimes compare myself to them and i can see some change. I'm planning on doing an after photo so i can truly see the difference when i get to goal. & yeh i took measurements beforehand and last month i noticed that I lost a total of about 2 inches from my waist, which is awesome. :D

I'm kinda upset and feel guilty cos it's Ramadhan now, and I was hoping that i'd eat alot healthier but the food in the house hasn't been that great and i've fallen into the temptation of eating lots of sweety stuff like cookies, chocolate, and other dessert. Although, i only ate about half a cookie [those really big ones from Sainsburys], and whenever i ate chocolate, it was always bites, not the whole thing though that doesn't excuse me. I've also been eating lots of other unhealthy stuff which I don't even wanna talk about. I haven't been exercising at all so far since Ramadhan started as I didn't think i'd have the energy cos i usually have to drink water straight after, but now I'm thinking to start again tomorrow cos I don't want my fitness to decrease. There is however some good news if you can call it that: Obviously with the stuff i've been eating and lack of exercise i haven't lost weight, but I thought that because i was eating lots [& by this i mean lots, to me it seems like 2000+ calories though this could be an exaggeration], I thought i'd be putting on lots of weight, but my weight seems to be steady at 171lbs. I hope now that I can politely decline any junk food offerings and I'll try to eat as less as possible of whatever food my mum makes. I'll also try to exercise tomorrow, though there's like 12 days left of Ramadhan. All i know is that after Ramadhan, hopefully i'll put in 200% effort and hardwork into all my exercises and ensuring i get the junk out of my system [aka hope that it wont affect my healthy eating regime and habits and wont affect my temptation decline success]

Gained 2 lbs so far. Not bad considering how much i ate haha. Oh and i didn't manage to exercise, really hard to when you're on an empty stomach! I should be starting back up next week around about Tuesday or so as fasting ends on either Sat or Sun. Really looking forward to it! :D Can't wait for those inches to drop off.

You've been doing great - those two wee pounds will soon disappear. it must be so hard if you've been fasting all day not to give into temptation and start eating sugary things, i know what i am like if i've not eaten for a while - just hand me the biscuit tin lol!

You've been doing great - those two wee pounds will soon disappear. it must be so hard if you've been fasting all day not to give into temptation and start eating sugary things, i know what i am like if i've not eaten for a while - just hand me the biscuit tin lol!

Thanks. I lost 1 of those pounds mysteriously so it's only been a 1lb gain throughout the fasting. :D But personally i don't crave sweety stuff as much as i crave the bad carbs like chips lol.

I'm back in business now. Started exercise today. 15mins HIIT [running at just over 6mph and walking at 3.5mph - not sure how great this is/whether it's fast enough or too slow]. I feel really great. I'm hoping to get to goal by february'ish or march although as i know when i get to the last extra pounds they'll be hard to shift. Still, im glad i did not lose the motivation. I'm so relieved that i started now cos i knew i'd just get lazy and make excuses.

Although i started exercising about 4 weeks ago, i had to start fasting again to make up the fasts that i missed [e.g. time of the month lol], so im currently not exercising for about 2 weeks as i also gotta fast for an extra 6. Anyway, im currently contemplating whether i should start doing 9 mins HIIT with 11 mins brisk walking. I think i'd be able to handle it so might start tomorrow hopefully. I feel kinda like an exercise deprived baby haha.

Exercised today. Ahhhhhhh, so happy. :D Feels great great great.

I'm hoping to increase it once 2 weeks is over. :)

Another exercise session done today. Felt great yet again.

Eating habit has gone back to how it was thankfully. :D

Nothing really to report for today. Had a rest day as my leg muscles and arms were aching after weights session and lunges/squats. I need to improve my strength as i struggle with 5kg [in each hand] when im doing shoulder presses, too bloody hard. End up only doing 5 reps, 2 sets, and the 5th rep is just crazy. Haven't weighed myself yet, but will do so tomorrow. I don't expect to have lost anything though, as i only restarted midweek'ish i think, so i wont really mind.

Shoulder presses really hurt lol! At body pump i can only manage 2.5kg It does all get easier though the more you do it and you will find that you can increase the weights as you go on - the first time i did body pump with the free weights i could hardly move for about four days, it was so sore - but not so bad now - of course i will take all that back tomorrow morning..

Shoulder presses really hurt lol! At body pump i can only manage 2.5kg It does all get easier though the more you do it and you will find that you can increase the weights as you go on - the first time i did body pump with the free weights i could hardly move for about four days, it was so sore - but not so bad now - of course i will take all that back tomorrow morning..

Hahaha. Yeh shoulder presses are evil. I find them the hardest of the lot. I was doing 2.5kg at first, but they became too too easy as i was doing 12 reps or so, 2-3 sets, and it was only hard on the last rep of each set whereas i heard you should be looking at doing 5-8 reps, and if it's too easy, then the weights are not heavy enough to do any significant difference. So i started alternating between the 2.5kg and 5kg with some of the dumbell exercises. And then i thought that i might as well just do 5kg as it'll improve my strength and also shows improvement etc. Gonna be a while though till that becomes too easy for me or may not happen at all lol.

Just as i expected, didn't lose much.

Bit of advice, never ever exercise whilst fasting lol, although i probs will again tomorrow. Gosh so knackered, even managed weights, although was a bit too hard still managed 2 sets, 6reps of each using 5kg dumbells.

Only 4 lbs left to lose till my first mini goal reached. :D Man i actually started at 90kg [198lbs], so i've actually lost a total of 26lbs. I started at about 86kg though when i joined minimins so i sort of counted that as my starting weight. Still a loss of 18-26lbs and maintaining that loss is amazing for me. Usually when i lose, i put it all back on within a matter of weeks. Hopefully i'll get to my goal weight in no time, the healthy way. :D

As you can tell, im feeling good, really good. :) Size 16 is becoming my size now, albeit a bit loose lol. Soon i'll be a 14 and then a 12 and then a 10/12 in no time. Cannot wait. :D

Gosh i love exercising. But today i ended up exercising on an empty stomach [fasting basically]. But it was in the morning, so no difference to when im not fasting. I did the usual, HIIT, weights, lunges/squats. Whilst taking a shower, i got a bit lightheaded and fainty and would have fallen down but got myself together, then bile rose to my throat and i felt like vomitting, and i got out of the shower and started vomitting down the loo. Pure water goodness haha. Not a good thing. Anyway, i broke my fast and ate. The food i had for dinner wasn't particularly great but i think i had ~1500 calories today, give or take a few. Not extremely pleased, but it could be worse i admit. Got 3 more days to fast then on tuesday i can start exercising again. WOOT. So will be back on tuesday to state how good exercising was etc. etc. etc. :D

Ok i've decided to next post here when i reach my first goal of 12 stone. Let's hope that doesn't take too long. So bye diary for now, shall be back soon. :D

Back