Angel's Fat Loss Diary & Exercise Regime

Ahh, im kinda struggling :(

I know i said the next time i'll post here is when i get to my first mini-goal, but im keep on having STS and then when i'd lose a lb or 2 i'd put it back on again. It's been my fault though. I'm exercising but not most days as im getting lazy on some days. Although some days my eating is very good, other days i give in to temptation and eat bad carbs. I'm hoping to start afresh today and hopefully should get to first minigoal next week, fingers crossed.

I'll also perhaps be writing in here daily.

Gone right back in. So glad. Feels good again. Food could be better though, but calorie intake is much much better.

Ahhh, not making much progress. Been STS since i dunno how many weeks! All my fault though, got nobody else to blame. Need to give myself a kick up the backside and get myself back into shape and into a proper fat loss zone, so starting afresh tomorrow and hopefully just hopefully it'll be a good start. I'll say any new feelings/happenings next week and hopefully there'll be a difference.

Can I ask why you are fasting? I say this because if you don't eat then your body closes down and holds on to what you've got. If you exercise on top of that it really won't help you tone muscle. You must eat 1500 cals every day Remember you can't run a Rolls Royce on 2 star petrol. (probably before your time but you have to feed your muscles so they can work)

Can I ask why you are fasting? I say this because if you don't eat then your body closes down and holds on to what you've got. If you exercise on top of that it really won't help you tone muscle. You must eat 1500 cals every day Remember you can't run a Rolls Royce on 2 star petrol. (probably before your time but you have to feed your muscles so they can work)

Oh i was fasting for religious reasons. :)

Anyway good news, I FINALLY have reached my first mini goal. 12 STONE. :D

Hmm, so that's what? 6 months or so gone till I started. Really disappointed with myself as I reckon with that much time, I lost so little weight and should/could have lost more. But new year, so new beginnings and new start. Still exercising, eating needs to be sorted out a bit. But good start so far.

More than a month since I last posted and I have to say it's been dire. No progress whatsoever, no self restraint. I've been eating the wrong sorts of food all the time and need to work my way back up again. Going tricky so far, but I reckon I can do it. I'm not that fussed as I realise it could be much worse (I could start out at 90kg again), but right now I'm working my way towards getting to 76kg/12 stone again (2kg away). It's so frustrating as just when I think I've gone there, I start losing interest in exercising and eat all the wrong foods. Back in May/June when I first started I remember resisting my temptation all the time and being able to eat healthily. Now I need to deal my problem with eating, as it's mainly the bad carbs I eat. I always seem to get to 78kg. Arghh. It feels good getting all my worries written down. I feel so lost right now. I'm still determined though and hopefully when June comes, I'll be in a new body.

Tomorrow I'll try and handle the temptation and see if I can get back to how I was.

I'll take this slowly though. Things don't happen overnight so I don't expect to lose weight overnight.

I'll first try and stay away from the bad food and see how that goes. I really hope my desire to lose weight outweighs the temptation to eat from now on. Let's hope for the best.

Good luck Huney! We all slip back, it's only human. But you still have the will, and sooner or later , everything will click into place. You just never have to give up. xx

Unfortunately for me, I lost quite a few pounds, and just when I thought I was doing good, along comes the time of the month. (Which = TEMPTATION) I was quite good, but not good enough I guess.

Last edited:
STILL haven't reached my goal. I'm not too worried though. I've just been having a hard time so I need to get back on track. New beginning from tomorrow.

Ok, I'm restarting. I've maintained so far but I've had so many things happening at once, that I just haven't been doing so well. It's so demotivating though, because when I know that I've been doing well exercise and food wise and go on the scales, they always say something different. My electronic scales have broken so I rely on my mechanical scales. I know they're not accurate, so I'm hoping that when I buy new electronic ones next week, they'll tell a different story. My stats right now are based on the mechanical ones.

Right now, my exercise has been very good. I'm thinking of combining several things at once. My eating hasn't been that good I must admit. There are days when I'm very good and then days when all I want to do is eat crisps. So I've decided, July is a new month. Gonna take it fast and slow at the same time. Hopefully by the end of the month I'll be wooping with joy. Wish me the best. Shall be back next week sunday'ish and let you know about any changes.

I've been doing so good exercise wise. (The Insanity workout program is intense!) My food intake has been getting better and better. I found that sometimes I have gone off the wagon a bit and eaten something naughty, but recently I've begun to re-learn how to restrain myself.

About the Insanity workout:

I was doing different workouts on different days, like cardio resistance, insane abs (which really is insane lol), upper body training, plyometrics, sports training etc. Each workout is about 45mins on average, that's including the stretches. The insane abs one is about 20-30mins, but some are 1hr. They work you out, and tire you out even if you do stop most of the time. The planks are killers and push ups too. I still haven't managed to perfect them. Well it's not that I haven't managed to perfect the planks, it's that it's so hard to make it last long y'know? It kills my abs and shoulders. The push ups, I can only do 1/2/3 perfect ones, before the strength in my muscles go away, but right now, I'm just trying to perfect them, and make sure that I build up my core strength and my shoulder/bicep/tricep strength. The v push ups are so easy though, although they kill my shoulders wow! Besides that, all the other exercise bits are very much doable. It's refreshing to do something different than the treadmill each day. Because of how intense Insanity is, I recently bought some whey protein powder (unflavoured) and have started to add it to milk to get some extra protein, because I don't consume much protein nowadays.

My family bought some takeaway from some chicken shop yesterday and the whole family were eating, and I ate my fish and vegetables. How is that for getting back on track ey? ;)

I'm hoping to be 12 stone by the end of July. I really hope I don't cough up all my hard work.

I did plyometrics today - the P90x one, and oh my did it work me out! Much much harder than Kenpo x which was very easy and like a walk in the park.

Managed to gain 2 lbs since I last weighed myself which was quite a while ago. I'm hoping I can lose these 2lbs by the end of the week hopefully.

& yes those extra 2 lbs were dodgy as i've just weighed myself and they magically disappeared haha. My tummy has gotten smaller, but my legs are still huge.

Ok, i think im gonna be on that time of month soon, as i've just weighed myself and gained an extra 1lb, so must be due to water retention and also fasting is coming up, so need to try to exercise as much as i can for that.
Also hoping that part of the weight i gained back has been muscle, because i can feel my biceps toning up. (My triceps are still a bit flabby lol)

Did legs and back yesterday on p90x, it was great. My legs are still sore. I didn't do the pull up bits though but did the rest.

Today i think im going to do plyometrics on insanity & maybe cardio abs too.

I hope i get down to 170lbs by next sunday. Really hoping so.

Last edited:
Just popping in to check on you! Good luck and keep up the hard work. Am very tempted by either insanity or p90x - which do you recommend?

Hmm. I'm not sure which I recommend to do first. I think I take everything back about what I said on Insanity lol. It's definitely not much easier than P90x. (This I'm saying after doing a couple more workouts haha) I'd say they both have the same level of difficulty, but both so different from each other. If you're after resistance and you have weights or resistance bands then do P90x. If you love cardio, or just want to do bodyweight exercises, then Insanity.

Ok i did legs and back yesterday again. Again didn't do the pull up bits, but I managed to find my brother's resistance bands yesterday, so you know what this means? Yep. :D I can now do the pull up exercises using the resistance bands. (I'm so rubbish at pull ups and scared haha).

My buttocks and calves are sore. I started my time of month yesterday (how did i know i would lol), so don't hold much hope of reaching 170lbs or less by sunday, but i can try my best. I ended up puking everything i ate yesterday cos had a bit of a tummy bug. Now my stomach is empty, but i can't eat cos it hurts.

I've decided to do Insanity and P90x how they should be done. I've already established my willpower, in the sense that I know i won't give up and will do the complete workouts as best I can. Therefore I'm going to follow their calendar. You're probably all thinking 'i thought you were following it anyway', but I wasn't lol. I was picking and choosing the workouts I wanted to do haha. I even done a couple of insanity workouts that were hard and I realised after that they were supposed to be done during the second month. Each workout comes with a calendar with what to do on each day, so I'll start doing that. I might do both simultaneously, as in both Insanity and P90x. Will try that for a couple of days and see if I give up or not, and now that I've got my resistance bands, I can do the full workouts of P90x and get all the benefits. If i find it too hard, then I'll do Insanity first, and maybe the second month (cos Insanity only runs for about 2 months), I'll do P90x with it. Or the other way round, depends.

Will start this today and see how I get on.

Also, I'm very chuffed with myself as usually whenever I start the time of month, I always use that as an excuse not to excercise, but yesterday was the first time where I exercised when I started. :)

Will try and post an update tomorrow.

Also updating this blog/diary each day really helps with motivation so I'll try and post every day with my routines.

Ciao for now.

Ok, I know i decided to do the routine how it's supposed to be like for each workout's calendar, but cos it's Ramadhan, it's going to be so difficult, so I'm still picking and choosing the easy ones for now as I'm fasting and can't do too much. I did legs and back again. I know i shouldn't do this everyday as I need to rest these areas, but I honestly need to work on my legs the most at the moment. Not saying the other areas of my body are perfect, but my legs are HUGE. I know you can't target reduce fat, but I'm hoping it'll help.

It's very difficult to measure my progress because of fasting. Therefore I won't be posting any updates until Ramadhan ends. I'll be making a new start date mid September (the end date of Ramadhan). I'll still be exercising and trying to limit my eating. To make it easier, I think I'm going to try to make my exercise routines in the mornings so that I can drink plenty of water as I'm unable to do so whilst fasting obviously.

At the moment, I've STS with regards to weight, but I'm hoping I can shed a couple of pounds before the end.

Ciao for now. I'll come back in a month and update my progress. I really am determined to stick to it this time and get to my desired size.
I don't know why it's taken me over a year and why I've been so lazy since the new year & maintained and I haven't even lost much so far, just 27lbs, whereas I should have already gotten to my desired weight and size by now. I guess I just got to be more determined and hopefully I will be.

Back