Angelupnorth 2012 lost 6st, photos included, restart Jan 13 for the last time

Should have asked................. How much weight did you lose with the excess skin gone ? x

angelupnorth said:
Should have asked................. How much weight did you lose with the excess skin gone ? x

Just 2lb of excess skin was cut off but it shows how much excess I had had. I lost about 10stone. Had a massive overhanging apron which meant I couldn't wear nice undies as it just hung down. :(

It's never gotten that bad since either.

great things said:
It's never gotten that bad since either.

2lb is quite a weight to carry for nothing.
Great to hear its never got as bad as it was. My losses are slowing so I need extra motivation to keep me going, a tummy tuck next year could be just what I need x x x

Morning all

No cdc consultant this week as Im away to Glasgow to visit friends then next weekend is my hen weekend so no official weigh in until Sat 18 Aug, praying I dont go to wild on my days off, If anything its the Gin n slim that will be my down fall. I know I can go without real food but Gin on social occassions is a must :giggle:Especially next weekend for the Hen weekend and our trip to Amsterdam.

Nothing much else to report, Just plodding along very well. 5 weeks till my wedding so the count down is well and truely on for my last fitting. Ive resigned myself to the fact I wont get to goal before the wedding as my losses have slowed right down but I am very VERY proud to havemanaged 6 stone in 6 months which is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than I ever thought I would manage so I am thrilled, I look and feel so much better than I did 6 months ago and I know I will get to goal and I will have my tummy tuck early next year ( as soon as funds allow )
Cambridge is fan flipping tastic and so is everyone on here for the support and compassion shown over the past few months. This place is great and I can not thank you all enough.
It is so good to have somewhere we can all come and be honest with each other about how we feel, what we are going through, share our goals and our fears !
Hope everyone has a fab weekend x x x

I can't believe it's only 5 weeks to your wedding - time has flown ...
You must remember that your initial goal is achievable - you just got a bit more ambitious. If you got married now you would still look fab and you probably wouldn't have dreamt being this slim at the beginning of the year.
You can get to your new goal after your honeymoon at a more relaxed pace.
I am also trying to speed up the losses over the next month - my incentive is merely to eat real food!
Like you I don't know how I would have done without the forum - diaries such as yours have kept me motivated so a big thank you to you!
Hope you have a fab time in Glasgow - I'm sure a drink or two won't do much harm!
x

Hello Angel up north!

Your diary inspired me to get back in to CD so a massive thank you!

You must be so proud of yourself for losing the weight you have!

how is the powerplate thingy going? im tempted to hire one too!

x

Hello Angel up north!

Your diary inspired me to get back in to CD so a massive thank you!

You must be so proud of yourself for losing the weight you have!

how is the powerplate thingy going? im tempted to hire one too!

x

Thanks for the kind words.............
I'm sure you will do fab !
Keep us posted on how your getting on and good luck x x x

Im having a strange weekend, Stress not diet but worry the stress will tip me over the edge and make me eat !

I do tend to panic when I have a large event coming up and have always sabotaged my own efforts as most of us do but this time I am determined not to crack no matter how much I am tempted.

My daughter and her children are staying with us as they were flooded from their home 5 weeks ago
( They will be with us until at LEAST after our wedding in 5 weeks time ) My home is upside down,
I have a zillion wedding things to do.
My hen weekend is this coming weekend.
My other daughter is also pregnant ( shocked but her and her boyfriend are both happy )

There are just not enough hours in the day and to top it all I walked out of work today as I just cracked. I am off tomorrow but not sure if I should visit my GP nad habve a few weeks off with stress. I can feel myself getting ratty with people and I would hate to lose it with a staff member or even worse a customer at work.

Im going to try and sleep on it and see how I feel in the morning as Im not sure I can afford to lose the money but I just dont want to lose the plot at work either.

Diet wise I am cracking down and going cold turkey with SS again until Friday, I keep slipping and having step 2 days which only make me want food even more. Ive said it before but I honestly find SS is best for me as I don't feel the need for food as much while I do SS days. I also worry my exercise has slowed my losses, Gym and vibro plate so Im going to cut back on the Gym which would give me extra time and hopefully help.

Its a strange life and Im not sure where everything has come from but I guess I have too much going on at the mo and it all came to the surface earlier this afternoon.

On the plus side I have a evening at home to chilax as today was overtime I wont get into Too much trouble although I maybe shouldn't have walked out it is far better to stay and not be able to fulfill my role due to my state of mind.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend x x x

Ah Angel sounds like you are having a very stressfull time shame man =S I thinkits best to sleep on it and see how ja feel in the morning things always seem to be better or atleast clearer after a good nights sleep =) Im totally in agreement with you about ss vs ss+ i tend to want to eat more when i have ss+ days for now being on ss 100% suits me and also have decided to cut down on the exercise i have been doing alot lately and i know im not having enough calories for the workouts im doing and its really showing on the scales or should i say not showing cos NO movement still ggrrr so thinking if i stick to just doing my long brisk walks and slight arm and tummy toning il be fine cos thats what i was doing the whole way through really want this weight to be going off faster and maybe when im like a stone away from goal il up it again when im on a higher step.
Hope you get destressed hun x

Ah Angel sounds like you are having a very stressfull time shame man =S I thinkits best to sleep on it and see how ja feel in the morning things always seem to be better or atleast clearer after a good nights sleep =) Im totally in agreement with you about ss vs ss+ i tend to want to eat more when i have ss+ days for now being on ss 100% suits me and also have decided to cut down on the exercise i have been doing alot lately and i know im not having enough calories for the workouts im doing and its really showing on the scales or should i say not showing cos NO movement still ggrrr so thinking if i stick to just doing my long brisk walks and slight arm and tummy toning il be fine cos thats what i was doing the whole way through really want this weight to be going off faster and maybe when I'm like a stone away from goal il up it again when im on a higher step.
Hope you get distressed hun x

Thanks Yolande, I just don't feel there is enough hours in the day and I'm guilty of trying to keep everyone happy ( I know that's what Mums / wives should do but sometimes it all gets a bit much )
Ive checked my diary and If I don't work any overtime from now until after the wedding then I only have 14 work days out of the next 35 days which has cheered me up no end and I feel much better with the thought of that. I will email rosters and tell them I am no longer available for overtime due to a change in my circumstances ( Daughter being here etc etc ) I am still very tempted to take the rest of this week off and go back to work next Monday after my hen weekend as I do feel very much on the edge and don't want to worry about saying the wrong thing to the wrong people.
I am also definitely going to lighten up on the exercise, Its hard to imagine it can slower losses but I'm sure that's the case.
I hope your doing ok and don't let the slower losses put you off, we have done amazingly well and are new women compared to what we were a few short months ago x x x

Angel - Sorry that you are having such a crap time. I think that lack of food can make you more anxious. Since starting cd i have chest pains at work at times - definitely just stress and nothing more serious. You've got a lot on your plate at the moment and maybe just take a day off , try to fit in some me time and then see how you feel. At least easing up the exercise may give you a little more time to relax. I live on my own and if weekend guests don't leave by Sunday night I feel unspeakably angry so I can't imagine having a house full like you - I would be tearing my hair out family or not!
I am only doing walking and an easy programme on my cross trainer at the moment and am hoping that will be ok. I'm desperate to get below a bmi of 25 - I note that you're at a similar stage. I don't think I could wait for 2 weeks to find out!
Hope things get better...
x

Stress can also slow losses too. Tale it easy and your work plan looks like a good plan.

Thanks girls, I'm taking a week off from tomorrow. I do feel bad as I hate letting people down but I have to put myself 1st and work is the only thing I can ease up on. I wont stop Cambridge, My wedding cant be changed and I would never want to, My daughter has no where else to go so unfortunately work is the only way foot of the gas for a week. I will only actually miss a couple of work days as I have leave booked in for my hen weekend so fingers crossed the extra couple of days will do the trick and I will feel more myself soon.

Ive been 100% today which is great as I do find a lot of temptation at work the last few weeks but I think that's because of the added stress.

On the plus side I popped to boots to have a peek on the scales and I am showing a loss ( I wont update on here as they could be different to CDC scales )
My BMI is now under 25 though, which has made my day to see I am now in a " normal " weight range.
My BMI started at 37.4 just less than 6 months ago and I just cant put into words how fab I feel.

Body mass fat was 49.2% at the start and is now 21.7%
It is amazing what can be done if you put your mind to it. I know this week will be a good week and I just hope after my weekend away I feel more my usual self and feel up to going straight back to work as I don't want to get stuck in a rut.

Keep up the good work girls and thanks again for all of the msgs of support x x x

You sound a lot more positive. A week off will surely do you good. You've got your hen weekend to look forward to.
Well done on getting to be a healthy weight - I am keeping my fingers crossed for my weigh in on Wednesday. I feel like I should then get a badge with "normal" on it!

Daisy65 even friends have said to me that I now " just look normal " I'm not sure if they mean I didn't look " normal " before or if they mean I look normal as In I don't look like I was ever larger. I don't like to talk about it to much so don't probe them but Its fab to see the scales, My BMI and fat mass come down.
For the 1st time in weeks I am looking forward to weigh in NEXT weekend and fingers crossed I will be in the 10 stone range which would be just amazing. Just hope my hen weekend doesn't undo my hard work between now and then. I will be good but I wont be 100%.

Good luck for your weigh in on Wed, You are doing amazing and don't have much at all to go. I cant wait until my profile has less than 1 stone to lose x x x

Angel you are amazing! You have kept your spirits throughout your journey and this recent stress you have dealt with in such a splendid manner! You have so little to lose now! I have a feeling that the next few weeks you'll lose a chunk of that easily. Ease up on the exerice if you are SSing or SS+ing as it will affect the lose. I am sooo excited for you and your big day!!!

Angel you are amazing! You have kept your spirits throughout your journey and this recent stress you have dealt with in such a splendid manner! You have so little to lose now! I have a feeling that the next few weeks you'll lose a chunk of that easily. Ease up on the exerice if you are SSing or SS+ing as it will affect the lose. I am sooo excited for you and your big day!!!

Thanks Kira, My GP has signed me off work for 2 weeks with stress :cry:

I hate to feel weak but I hopefully will be back to work sooner as I don't want to get stuck in a rut of being down. Life is too short and I know I don't have a bad life. There are people in a lot worse position than me. I have a great family, A fantastic hubby to be and a job I love its just bad timing that everything has come at once and its all a bit much at the moment but hopefully a few days away from work will help and I will bounce back asap.
I do feel less stressed already and even the diet feels easier when I'm not at work ( darn shift work ) Everything revolves around my job and I know Ive been doing to much overtime the past few months but no matter what we will manage the last bills for the wedding and things will soon pick up.
Thanks again for all your support, this place and you all on here are amazing x x x

You sound a lot more positive. A week off will surely do you good. You've got your hen weekend to look forward to.
Well done on getting to be a healthy weight - I am keeping my fingers crossed for my weigh in on Wednesday. I feel like I should then get a badge with "normal" on it!

Ha ha ha this did make me chuckle =D

Its probably for the best to be signed off hun it does not make you weak it makes you human, you have so much going on and all at once so time off will be good for you stress can become a very nasty thing so better to unwind and chill out a bit. Also i would hope you wont be 100% at your hen weekend its your last weekend of freedom ha ha ha you have so much will power and focus you will be able to have a great time without going overboard and worrying about what damage you could be doing you deserve that =D

Its probably for the best to be signed off hun it does not make you weak it makes you human, you have so much going on and all at once so time off will be good for you stress can become a very nasty thing so better to unwind and chill out a bit. Also i would hope you wont be 100% at your hen weekend its your last weekend of freedom ha ha ha you have so much will power and focus you will be able to have a great time without going overboard and worrying about what damage you could be doing you deserve that =D

Yolande you made me LOL wothout trying, " overboard " we are off to Amsterdam by DFDS Ferry from North shields, I will not be going " overboard " not in that sense anyway x x x

Back