Angelupnorth 2012 lost 6st, photos included, restart Jan 13 for the last time

Angel it doesn't make you weak to have some time off. Better you take time out now then you end up collapsing with the sheer pressure of the stress. Despite the stress you are in control becaue you've acknowledged your are feeling overwhelmed and that is a really good way of handling stress. Try not to do too much during that time off and concentrate on yourself. Easier said than done I can imagine you are not one to sit still for a moment. x

Thanks Kira, I've actually managed a nice afternoon, baked cakes with my granddaughter and sat in the garden. Still have a zillion things to do but am less productive if I try to do too much at once. Busy day tomorrow but nice busy, dress fitting for one of my daughters and getting my nails done as a little treat / chill time.
I'm trying not to think about work or the wedding as such.
Like yesterday I feel better diet wise and more focused and in control as the last few weeks I've felt urges to slip, thankfully the worst I became was step 2 lol so no damage done there.
Dreading the scales Monday ( I will weigh myself after hen weekend )
Next official weigh in is a week on Sat so fingers crossed enough time to undo any damage done over the weekend x x x

Morning all,

Thought I would post now as I have been up early and have a busy few days ahead.

I know we shouldn't weigh ourselves but I cant help it and at last the scales have moved again ( I wont say by how much as I have a heavy weekend and by my next weigh in it could all be different ) It has however given me a little emotional boost ( Just what I needed )

My hen weekend starts tomorrow at 12 noon when I meet the girls for lunch, before we board the boat and sail to Amsterdam. We return on Sunday and as I've previously stated food isn't as bad as drink for me so on the food front I will be as good as I can but on the drink front I dread too think how much Gin I will sink as that is my downfall. I will eat " food " tomorrow and Sat and hopefully get back on track on Sunday with a day on the sofa and lots of water luckily hubby to be knows how to look after me so he will be prepared for my hangover lol. I just hope by next weekend I can undo any damage done by the excess this weekend.

The weather in Amsterdam looks quite good so I will be wearing shorts................... I NEVER EVER wear shorts so its a big thing for me. Ive always had decent legs but my backside is flat and my belly and hips were huge so It always put me off, I feel great in my size 12 denim longer length ones though so cant wait to show off my new figure.

We have Fancy dress tomorrow evening and Black dress and glam code for Sat. I have a few fab black dresses to show off my weight loss so shall post up to date pictures when I get back.

Thanks again for everyone's support, Ive had a tough few weeks and this place has been amazing.
Have a good weekend everyone and keep up the good work x x x

Angel you''' probably end up drinking less gin than you would have pre CD as you'll get "tipsy" an awful lot sooner with a lot less gin! Have a great weekend and just relax and enjoy! xx

Have an amazing time!!! Cant wait to see pics =D And you go and wear your shorts with pride feeling super sexy in them =)

Glad you have had good news from the scales - just what you need. Have a brilliant weekend - at least gin is low cal! Can't wait to see the photos of your new dresses.
x

Hope u have a fab time.

Evening all
Well I survived the weekend ( Just lol ) Major hangover on Sat but not to bad at all today.
I did drink lots of gin but was good on the food front, Eggs, Mushrooms and meat NO CARBS at all so my next weigh in shouldnt be too bad. The biggest problem was trying to get my 3ltr of water.
I've done a 12 mile walk today and feel tip top and straight back on plan.

28 DAYS until the wedding so Im on the straight and narrow for the next 4 weeks.

Photos from weekend below x x x

hen weekend ! 063.jpghen weekend ! 119.jpghen weekend ! 130.jpghen weekend ! 133.jpg

Morning all,

Was dreading the scales after a weekend of excess but the scales appear to be my friends this morning. I know it doesn't count as they arent official but boy its enough I need to keep me going strong. The 12 mile walk must have done some good and fingers crossed I can get a couple of more good walks in this week before my weigh in on Sat.

Currently had 500ml water and onto my 2nd green Tea of the day.

Less than 4 weeks till the wedding so the countdown is well and truly on :bliss:

I never thought I would say it but I cant wait until the wedding is over, I have NEVER known stress like it.

Keep up the good work girls, Its Monday morning and a full week ahead to lose those extra lb's we all want to lose x x x

Angel - wow you had a big turnout for the hen weekend - you must be popular! You look fab in the dress - slim and sophisticated.
Only 4 weeks to go - bet you will be way under 11stones before the wedding.
My CDC tells me I have to go up to step 2 when I get below 11 stones. As I'm not dieting against the clock like you I will do as i'm told. In fact I'm pretty desperate now to have some proper food!

Angel - wow you had a big turnout for the hen weekend - you must be popular! You look fab in the dress - slim and sophisticated.
Only 4 weeks to go - bet you will be way under 11stones before the wedding.
My CDC tells me I have to go up to step 2 when I get below 11 stones. As I'm not dieting against the clock like you I will do as i'm told. In fact I'm pretty desperate now to have some proper food!

Thanks Daisy, We had a great time and the gypsy inspired dresses went down a treat, eveyone thought they were fab !

I was just about to add another post in here,
Ive been very stressed the last few weeks and now my periods are all over the place ( if to much info sorry ) No wonder I'm on the edge lol
Its been only 3 weeks since my last one and 3 weeks b4 that for the other one. Not sure if its diet related or stress related with the wedding argggggggggggggg I hate being a woman.
Apart from that and my legs aching from my long walk yesterday its been another good day today and I seriously cant wait for weigh in on Sat x x x

Monring Angel! It was lovely to catch up on your hen do and fab photos! You are looking great! Fit and healthy despite all your stress! I have not doubt you will be utterly focused for the next 27/28 days and I hope that you will slowly start de-stressing and just be excited about looking fabulous and having a fantastic wedding day! It''s so very exciting and cheers me up reading your diary and how well you have done and are doing! x

Monring Angel! It was lovely to catch up on your hen do and fab photos! You are looking great! Fit and healthy despite all your stress! I have not doubt you will be utterly focused for the next 27/28 days and I hope that you will slowly start de-stressing and just be excited about looking fabulous and having a fantastic wedding day! It''s so very exciting and cheers me up reading your diary and how well you have done and are doing! x

Thanks Kira,

So nice of you to say so. I still love Cambridge and I know It is the best thing I could have done, Never in my wildest dreams would have I dared to imagine 6 months ago that I would have lost over 6 stone before the wedding !

I managed to get both the table plan and the music sorted last night and do feel a bit better. I'm not sure if the stress has been caused by my monthly keep changing ? I used to be quite regular but the bast few months I have been every 3 weeks ? ? ? Or if they are changing because of the stress ?
I'm back at my GP on Friday so shall mention it then as I made the appt ages ago to get something to stop me having a period on honeymoon.

Another good day so far today diet wise, Water and green tea are the stable's of my diet now ( who's have thought it )
The good thing is I know I can eat anytime I want to but I chose not to. No one is physically stopping us so we all need to be very proud of ourselves for doing so well and sticking to plan. The rewards make it all so worth while.

My only issue is I keep changing my goal as I keep wanting to lose more. I hope I am happy when I eventually get to 10.3 but I'm now thinking I should get just under 10st to give me a few lbs to play with as I know I will put weight on with the introduction of the higher steps.

Still wanting a tummy tuck but my hubby to be isn't keen at all, Bless him he loves me no matter what size I am but I do wonder if he's getting a bit insecure about it all.

Keep up the good work, You don't have much to lose and I hate to say it but we all know its harder the loss you have to shift but the rewards are just as good x x x

Hi Angel - I know what you mean about changing goal weights. I started out with a goal weight of 11.6, then changed to 11.0 and now am aiming for 10.8 but not really sure if that will be enough.
I declared to my work colleague today that I would consider cosmetic surgery and he practically bit my head off and said that I should be happy with myself as I am and not conform to female stereotypes! Better keep my mouth shut in future...

Wow Angel you are doing fab and you look fab in the photos! What a lovely bride you are going to be on your wedding day!!! Not much longer now...

Hi Angel - I know what you mean about changing goal weights. I started out with a goal weight of 11.6, then changed to 11.0 and now am aiming for 10.8 but not really sure if that will be enough.
I declared to my work colleague today that I would consider cosmetic surgery and he practically bit my head off and said that I should be happy with myself as I am and not conform to female stereotypes! Better keep my mouth shut in future...

Hi Daisy - look at your with your BMI in the normal range!!! Way to go girl!

While I was in the US, I spoke with my dad's wife about skin after weight loss. She works with the top dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons in the US on some brand new technology for skin, so had some interesting insights. 1) Wait at least 12 months before doing anything as it takes some time for the skin to catch up with a rapid change in weight; 2) get 2-3 opinions from dermatologists AND cosmetic surgeons before making a decision on what to do (recognizing surgeons cut by default, whereas there may be other, non-evasive, options available); 3) one of the newer options which avoids cutting is cryo - this is where your fat cells are frozen, die and then are flushed out of your body via urine; with less fat cells under the skin, it enables the skin to tighten up naturally rather than via surgery. She had the cryo done on her stomach which has never been the same since she had kids over 20 years ago, and it appears her stomach is firmer than it used to be.

So many things to look forward to learning about/doing!

Evening all,

Bit of a mixed day today,

Got ready this morning and all of my 14 jeans were way to big but I had to wear a pair so popped to new look and bought a pair os skinny 12's, Which look and feel FAB ! Kept them on but took of the tag so I could pay. A small muffin top but that will be gone within a few weeks. Great start to the day.

2nd part of the day not so good, My daughter is around 10 weeks preg and it isnt going well, she was in a local hospital this afternoon and has to go to another bigger hopsital tomorow for a scan.

Mega stressed and trying so hard not to give in to the orange tiffin which is screatching my name !

Ive had a fab shower, Done some internet shopping etc etc but the temptation is there...............
Ive had almost 4 ltr of water today and at least 3 large mugs of green tea, Looks like a early night for me !

only a couple of days until weigh in on Sat and I soooooooooooooooooooooooo want to be good to try and counteract all of the Gin and food ( even though it was good food ) From the hen weekend last weekend.

My last weigh in with CDC was 11.6 but Im flipping time off the month as well, Talk about rubbish timing. I so wanted to be under 11st but it could all go wrong at this rate.

I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong , I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong,
I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, Iwill be strong, I will be strong, Iwill be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong ! ! ! ! ! !

I AM STRONG AND I AM NOT GOING TO CHEAT ! ! ! ! !

Angel - hope your daughter is ok - a very stressful time so no doubt you will want to resort to eating. Be strong and resist! Don't worry about this weigh in - it's not the important date - if you are bloated this week then you'll lose more weight next week.
oh, and well done for getting into those size 12s!

Hi Daisy - look at your with your BMI in the normal range!!! Way to go girl!

While I was in the US, I spoke with my dad's wife about skin after weight loss. She works with the top dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons in the US on some brand new technology for skin, so had some interesting insights. 1) Wait at least 12 months before doing anything as it takes some time for the skin to catch up with a rapid change in weight; 2) get 2-3 opinions from dermatologists AND cosmetic surgeons before making a decision on what to do (recognizing surgeons cut by default, whereas there may be other, non-evasive, options available); 3) one of the newer options which avoids cutting is cryo - this is where your fat cells are frozen, die and then are flushed out of your body via urine; with less fat cells under the skin, it enables the skin to tighten up naturally rather than via surgery. She had the cryo done on her stomach which has never been the same since she had kids over 20 years ago, and it appears her stomach is firmer than it used to be.

So many things to look forward to learning about/doing!
Tizzy - welcome back! I notice you only put on 6lbs - that is fab - probably a lot of it will be glycogen and water and will come off quickly. Hope you feel positive about Phase 2. Do hope you had some good feedback in the states - do let us know.
Thanks for the advice re loose skin which I have taken on board. I will investigate the cryo option - if there is an alternative to surgery I will take it.

Back