Angelupnorth 2012 lost 6st, photos included, restart Jan 13 for the last time

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!! You look AMAZING!!!! I have had some time away from CD i needed it for my sanity ha ha but im niow ready to start fresh and im so happy to see how well and amazing you look i am officially inspired all over again Angel!!! WELL DONE!!!

Yolande said:
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!! You look AMAZING!!!! I have had some time away from CD i needed it for my sanity ha ha but im niow ready to start fresh and im so happy to see how well and amazing you look i am officially inspired all over again Angel!!! WELL DONE!!!

Thanks Yolande but I'm thinking I need a Canbridge break, I've been struggling loads the past week or so abd am wondering if a break is needed to help me get my mojo back. I've had loads on the past few weeks but am seriously considering a bit of a break. Even on my hen weekend I was very good and only had Cambridge step 2 approved foods. I'm in panic mode with 3 weeks till the wedding and think if I have a blow out now and get it out of my system it will help me long term as I still want at least 10lb off.

Do you feel better after your break ?

Angel - I would be careful about going off plan so close to the wedding - why don't you have a Step 3 or 4 couple of days?
I am also struggling with SS at the moment and have decided to go up to step 2 at the end of August whatever my weight. I think that my body is rebelling as I was starving at the weekend.
Anyway, you look fab in your jeans!

Thanks Daisy
I'm sitting with my slender-tone belt on determined to get my head back to where I was. Ive had the most horrendous week with my daughter but have to learn that food isn't the answer.
I'm going to up my water as It dropped the last few days ( not sure if that's made me feel hungry ) Also going to walk as much as possible this week.
Thanks again and good luck on moving up x x x

Morning all

Not quite 9am and Ive had a 500ml MUG of green tea and 2 x 500 ml bottles of water.
I am feeling good today and have a dress fitting at 1.30 ( my wedding dress needed taken in so wish me luck lol )

My head is back in the ZONE so fingers crossed it stays there. Had a lot of extra stress this past few weeks but my daughter had her op on Sunday and things cant get any worse than that so onwards and upwards I say !

Hope everyone has a good day

19 days till THE wedding and I AM GOING TO SS 100% until then in a final bid to get to goal or as close to my new goal as I possibly can

What would you aim for if you knew failing wasnt a option !

Its all in our hands girls, How hard can it be ?

3 products a day for 19 days, Ive done it for 25 weeks so I'm sure as hell determined to get through the next 19 days without a glitch,

Thanks again for all of your support. This place makes the world of difference

x x x

You can do it Angel! ss for a mere 19d after 25 weeks is a doddle! Then you can enjoy your wedding and relax - are you going straight on honeymoon afterwards? That would be the time to take a break and, when you come back, get back on to get to your new goal weight and "step up" out of CD is a planful way. I love that you put in place a new goal - I've done that as well - am calling it Phase 2 - and will start on 3 Sept as I want to catch up with friends, lose weight gained in US and finish up the summer first.

1.5ltr of water by 9am! Wow!!! You *are* in the zone! :)

Gotta agree with Daisy and Tizzy stick it out its only 19 days and then you can have a well deserved break from CD!! YOU CAN DO IT ANGEL!!! Glad ja feeling in the zone its soooooo close to your wedding now and you are gona be feeling amazing for sooo many reasons and beaming in your pictures!!! You got all of us cheering you on!!!

Yolande said:
Gotta agree with Daisy and Tizzy stick it out its only 19 days and then you can have a well deserved break from CD!! YOU CAN DO IT ANGEL!!! Glad ja feeling in the zone its soooooo close to your wedding now and you are gona be feeling amazing for sooo many reasons and beaming in your pictures!!! You got all of us cheering you on!!!

Thanks everyone !

Dress fitting was mixed today, my dress needs taken in by ANOTHER 4" but they can't take it in any further than that without spoiling the overall look of the dress.

After careful consideration and chatting to CDC I am going to step 2 from now. I'm happy to maintain until the wedding and then lose the last 10lb after vegas ( no doubt it will be more than 10lb by then lol )
I'm going to see it as planned so I don't feel too bad. I'm going to up my exercise to tone rather than lose and fingers crossed it all goes to plan.
I have to be honest and say I'm not sure I will be able to do step 2 everyday but I just can't lose anymore until my dress is sorted and the wedding is over.

I know realistically I won't lose much in inches within 3 weeks but I can't risk it.

Wish me luck girls x x x

Angel - sensible decision - as it's too late (and costly) to get a new dress at this stage. A blow out could end in disaster but step 2 should allow you to lose a little weight in 3 weeks but not enough to go down a dress size. I will be joining you on step 2 in a week or two so will be interested to see how you get on. I am trying to tone up now but my bingo wings and stomach look beyond redemption! I don't think I've lost much, if anything, this week but seem to have shrunk a bit around the chest which is good as I was a size and a half bigger on top.
Anyway - enjoy your meals - if you add an apple or so in week 3 you may not see such a big jump after the honeymoon.

Angel to think back and you were worried about fitting in to your *dresses* and even the final number dress (I've lost count) still needs taking in! It made me chuckle! You're looking amazing and you'll will look like a superstar walking down that aisle even if you have no further loss over next 18-19 days. Your plan to exercise and tone up sounds just the right thing. I am still awe at your discpline and determination especially after the most recent difficult and trying time you have experienced. Like you said food/eating is not the answer to dealing with any of those things. I will try and remember that. x

Angel - sensible decision - as it's too late (and costly) to get a new dress at this stage. A blow out could end in disaster but step 2 should allow you to lose a little weight in 3 weeks but not enough to go down a dress size. I will be joining you on step 2 in a week or two so will be interested to see how you get on. I am trying to tone up now but my bingo wings and stomach look beyond redemption! I don't think I've lost much, if anything, this week but seem to have shrunk a bit around the chest which is good as I was a size and a half bigger on top.
Anyway - enjoy your meals - if you add an apple or so in week 3 you may not see such a big jump after the honeymoon.

Thanks Daisy
I'm already having wobbles and just cant bring myself to move up to step 2, I know it sounds silly but I guess its because it has been in my head for so long to SS until the wedding. To move to step 2 feels like I'm cheating myself from getting closer to my 10.3 goal. I'm going to see how I feel later in the day but at the moment I'm thinking I will stick with SS. Who's have thought it would be such a decision lol.
I am currently sat with my slender-tone belt on ( great for toning tummy and I do think it helps ) After this I will do 10 mins on my wobbly machine and have a walk later with hubby to be. The way I figure it is I cant drop MORE inches in the next 18 days but all being well I will lose a few more lbs to help me feel better about the gain I will have in Vegas. I don't want to throw away all the hard work over the past few months and I guess I'm just not ready mentally to move up a step. I am so pleased I didn't give in the other night. I would have been so very annoyed with myself if I had of come off plan.
I can not thank you girls enough for help keeping me on track. My daughter ( the one who was flooded ) has been great whilst she has been staying here as has my other half, support is the key but I am finding more and more people being negative saying I have lost too much, which just drives me nuts ! If they met me at the weight I am now they wouldn't comment but because they have seen me bigger they feel the need to tell me Ive lost too much. My weight and BMI are both just in the healthy range so I am far from being twiggy lol.
Thanks again for all of the support I may post more than usual the next few days as with the wedding so close I do tend to ramble / panic lol.

Angel to think back and you were worried about fitting in to your *dresses* and even the final number dress (I've lost count) still needs taking in! It made me chuckle! You're looking amazing and you'll will look like a superstar walking down that aisle even if you have no further loss over next 18-19 days. Your plan to exercise and tone up sounds just the right thing. I am still awe at your discpline and determination especially after the most recent difficult and trying time you have experienced. Like you said food/eating is not the answer to dealing with any of those things. I will try and remember that. x

Thanks Kira,
I do kind of wish I had bought my dress in a smaller size but when I bought it it was INCHES from fastening and no way did I expect to do so well.
Its a huge boost and I guess it was just what I needed to keep me on track, When I think how far I have come I just beam from ear to ear.

The past few weeks have been some of the worst of my life ( second only to when my mum passed away a few years ago )

On the plus side my daughter who was flooded popped back to her house this morning and her walls are almost done and her kitchen was there and they are ready to start fitting it.
The daughter who has lost her baby ( not sure how to put that but you know what I mean ) Anyway she and her boyfriend are coping much better than I expected. She was till in a lot of pain yesterday but she is being incredibly brave and has made me very proud.
Hopefully things will get better everyday but I am still a bit more moody than normal ( blooming stress ) Wedding bills coming in thick and fast but I am off work until after Vegas now so once I feel more myself it will be back to all systems go !

I do feel a bit brighter everyday and I'm not one for wallowing in my own self pity but were all human and things did just get too much last week and my GP has signed me off work until 1 Sept ( I start leave from work on the 2nd )

Anyway enough rambling from me, Hope your doing ok,

Thanks again for the support x x x

Another 4" to take in!!! If you stay on ss I don't see how you will not lose inches - perhaps if you did a couple of days ss and then a day ss+? At any rate, I would measure myself now, which is what the dress is being tailored for, and then measure again every few days (course I'm a bit of control freak as well)- but that would give you an indication if you're losing more inches before the wedding.

Speaking of which - you will post pictures right?!?! You are going to look AMAZING on your wedding day and I want to see it!

You are a very strong and determined woman, and you've taught your daughers how to be strong and manage the difficulties in life as well - hats off to you!!

Another 4" to take in!!! If you stay on ss I don't see how you will not lose inches - perhaps if you did a couple of days ss and then a day ss+? At any rate, I would measure myself now, which is what the dress is being tailored for, and then measure again every few days (course I'm a bit of control freak as well)- but that would give you an indication if you're losing more inches before the wedding.

Speaking of which - you will post pictures right?!?! You are going to look AMAZING on your wedding day and I want to see it!

You are a very strong and determined woman, and you've taught your daughers how to be strong and manage the difficulties in life as well - hats off to you!!

Thanks Tizzy,

I think everyone will be sick of my pictures by the end of my journey :) I will post them as soon as I can after the wedding.

How did you find food in the States ? ( Vegas honeymoon could be my downfall )
Good luck for phase 2, I'm sure you will drop the last few lbs in no time x x x

The food in the US is really good - course, as with any country it depends where you go. The problem is the portion sizes are enormous. I don't believe you're actually expected to finish your meal, but rather take the leftovers home with you. However, when you are travelling and staying in hotels, that's not convenient and then, at least for me, my mom's voice kicks in - you know the one: "don't waste your food, there are starving children in <pick your country>!" :rolleyes: My advice - eat for the flavour, not for the quantity. Stop when you have eaten a reasonable amount (I found I got full pretty quickly).

Vegas is also known for its breakfast buffets which serve everything you can imagine - breakfast foods, lunch/dinner foods, desserts. When I went, we used to have a buffet in the morning and then not eat again til dinner. Happily, the strip is quite long and there's lots to see in all the different hotels, so if you want to you can get a lot of walking / exercise in.

The food in the US is really good - course, as with any country it depends where you go. The problem is the portion sizes are enormous. I don't believe you're actually expected to finish your meal, but rather take the leftovers home with you. However, when you are travelling and staying in hotels, that's not convenient and then, at least for me, my mom's voice kicks in - you know the one: "don't waste your food, there are starving children in <pick your country>!" :rolleyes: My advice - eat for the flavour, not for the quantity. Stop when you have eaten a reasonable amount (I found I got full pretty quickly).

Vegas is also known for its breakfast buffets which serve everything you can imagine - breakfast foods, lunch/dinner foods, desserts. When I went, we used to have a buffet in the morning and then not eat again til dinner. Happily, the strip is quite long and there's lots to see in all the different hotels, so if you want to you can get a lot of walking / exercise in.

Thanks Tizzy, I have been looking into Vegas and am gutted to find I will struggle to get slimline tonic ( I could seriously cry as I ONLY drink G&T ) Anything else is a waste of KCAL.
Food wise I guess I will just try and avoid carbs and stick to high protein. The walking will be fab, Hubby to be walks between 15 and 20 MILES PER DAY and we walk for leisure. We managed a 2 hour walk earlier so that will be fab although walking in the Vegas heat will be a change from the wind and rain of the North East lol.

Ive been 100% today plus the 2 hour walk, Must keep the positive frame of mind.

Thanks again for all of the support x x x

Angel - this is my last SS week. Have decided that if I get below 11 stones next week I will go up to step 2 but if not I will do SS+. In fact SS+ could be a good compromise for you - maybe try it for a week. I know what you mean - I am nervous about step 2 but I am really at the end of the line with SS. I figure I have to face my demons at some stage and now is as good a time as any. I'm planning to do step 2 or 3 until I get to 10.8.
CDC says that some people find the extra food increases their weight loss - we shall see.
Can't wait to see your wedding photos - you may not think you are twiggy but you look very slim in the photos!
And Tizzy - I am sure I could polish off a Vegas breakfast!

Angel - this is my last SS week. Have decided that if I get below 11 stones next week I will go up to step 2 but if not I will do SS+. In fact SS+ could be a good compromise for you - maybe try it for a week. I know what you mean - I am nervous about step 2 but I am really at the end of the line with SS. I figure I have to face my demons at some stage and now is as good a time as any. I'm planning to do step 2 or 3 until I get to 10.8.
CDC says that some people find the extra food increases their weight loss - we shall see.
Can't wait to see your wedding photos - you may not think you are twiggy but you look very slim in the photos!
And Tizzy - I am sure I could polish off a Vegas breakfast!

I'm sat with my Slendertone on again ( 2nd time today ) Going to read through my book and make sure I know what the options are. I know your right about facing demons.

My CDC had also mentioned the change in plan could boost weight loss.

Good luck for your weigh in, I'm sure you will get into the 11's at your next WI x x x

Morning all :)

Today is another day and it's going to be another good one ! ( angel has her positive head on )

Green tea, water and banana tetra so far !

I won't manage a walk today but I will have my slender tone on again for at least a hour later.

48 hrs to weigh in and the scales haven't budged ?

I'm wondering if it could be the hen weekend catching up on me ? ? ?

Weight loss is a very strange thing. Even a lb would keep me happy at this stage. The wedding is drawing ever closer and I'm already planning what will be best to " eat "
I have a meal booked with friends the evening before the wedding.
hotel for wedding,
Hilton the night before we fly and Hilton breakfast the next morning.
On the flight I have pre requested virgin low fat option :)
I have also been checking healthy options available in Vegas.

My god how sad am I ?
I am a bit of a control freak but that's the point, I can't afford to mess about and lose control. I know I will have a gain but it's about handling it as best I can ( damage limitation I guess )

I had thought about taking some shakes with me but now I'm not so sure ?

Hope everyone has a good day !
No doubt I will be back posting later :) it keeps my hands busy ?

Look at you needing to not lose any more weight cos your dress will be to big!! Months ago you were worried it would be to small amazing!!!! Just my opinion but dont take shakes with you on honeymoon its not the time to be worried about sticking to a strict diet you have devoted months to it im not saying go mad either cos you have worked so hard to undo it. You have proven you have control so dont worry about that part of it honeymoons are for celebrating love not a diet hee hee =D

Im glad too you didnt give in to the urge the other day to go off plan you have done so so well and you will continue to do so even if its only when you get back you will get to your ideal goal of 10s 3lb i have no doubt about it =D

Back