Angelupnorth 2012 lost 6st, photos included, restart Jan 13 for the last time

Thats fab hunni, well done !

I looked to see your photos but cant find them ? x x x

Angel - I think you should be able to see them now - wrong settings on profile page.

Daisy you look FAB ! ! ! !

Its amazing to think how far we have come, We all deserve a pat on the back x x x

Angel - thanks so much - not sure why the photos are so huge?!
I'm hoping to get below 11stones this week - weigh in is tomorrow - I don't think I've been below 11stones since I was about 14!
Yes, it's amazing how well we've done - who would have thought it at the beginning of the year...
Well - you're in the final wedding furlong now - it seems to have come around awfully quickly - or maybe that's just my age!
Looking forward to seeing your wedding pics - I am thinking of printing out the photos of all my minimins buddies as they are so inspiring - might be sticking them on my fridge door!
x

What a fab idea to print out the photos ! You do look fab hunni, it's just a pity we don't see ourselves how others see us.

I had another rubbish day yesterday, the evening b4 ( in the night ) hubby to be woke up with excrushiating pain. We spent most of yesterday in hospital and were allowed home 3am this morning, he had kidney stones. I am just so pleased it was now and not the day before the wedding or on our honeymoon. Not sure what else can go wrong, my life has been like a soap opera one disaster after another the past few months and I am trying so hard to keep ontop of it all but some days I just can't stick to plan then others I get up early and stay focused.
Today has been spent on the sofa catching up with sleep and a 2ltr bottle of water. Fingers crossed I can get through the day without going off the rails x x

Well girls I have been 100% so far but nights are my worst times.
Just watching BB ( i know its trash TV but I love it ) Maybe watch a film after to keep me distracted.
Wanted to put my slendertone on but I need new pads, I could flipping cry as I love it. Rain forecast for tomorrow so it doesn't look like I will get a proper walk in this week :cry:

Not got long for the scales to go down, My weigh in is Sat and I'm still up a bit on last week, They go down then go back up, I would love to say I don't know why but that would be lying. I NEED to stop giving in or I will never get to my new goal. I often wonder if my original goal of 11.3 is best for me ? I have passed that but just keep getting sidetracked. I have had a hell of a lot on and I know I shouldn't make excuses. Just over 10 days until THE wedding so its not like I don't have anything to aim for. Fingers crossed I make it through the rest of this evening x x x

Hi Angel - I've just read your whole diary from day one, and I just wanted to say how amazing you are and look now! You're are a true inspiration for newbies like me, and I just cant wait to see the wedding photos! I think you look amazing as you are - I'm roughly the same height as you (5ft 8) and think I'd start to look a bit like a lollipop if I went under 11st!

Good on you for sticking to 100%! You know that your body struggles the smaller you get to keep losing and the rate of loss slows down. Could be some of that is going on with you, not to mention it's sooooo close to the wedding now!

Hope hubby to be is feeling better; a colleague had kidney stones and was in intense pain. They were too big to pass, so he actually had to be operated on. I might be crazy, but that sounded easier than trying to pass them by drinking loads of water - ouch!

Catch up on your sleep and tomorrow's another great CD day! :)

Angel - I had a bad couple of weeks when I was just over 11 stones - felt really hungry and miserable but this weekend I felt back to normal, I think that maybe our bodies rebel a bit after being big for so long. You may find that in a few days the feeling just passes. You don't need to lose any more if you don't want to but just make sure you don't go up as that will just make you feel down. Focus on the Big Day and that fab frock!
x

Thanks Daisy,
I do want to lose more but Its a strange kind of mental block I have at the moment. I'm not naughty all of the time but I cant do more than 2 or 3 days before I cave in. I'm setting my alarm for 05.30 and shall go for a 9 mile walk in the morning It takes around 3 hours for that route.
My dress fitting is Friday and it HAS to be just right. I don't want to feel or look bloated. I don't mind walking at all so It will do me good to get out and about. Its very relaxing ( must remember my earphones as I left them at home last time lol ) Rain is forecast but It will still be better than no exercise so no excuses the alarm is set !
I had a nap this afternoon after being at the hospital with Hubby to be all night the night before so I wont need as much sleep this evening.

Hope step 2 goes well for you hunni.How are you finding it so far ?

I have been reading my book and will move up after Vegas but I dont have time to " plan " ahead with food at the moment so will stumble along until we get home Fingers crossed I wont do too much damage. I know we will do lots of walking in Vegas and its red hot there at the moment so I dont think I will eat to much junk as Im not a big eater in the heat. Feeling better about the damage I may / may not do whilst away. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would do so well and Its my wedding / honeymoon. I have the rest of my life ( well until Xmas at the latest) to get to my new goal so I'm not going to stress too much.I did go on the Virgin website and requested the low fat option for my in flight meal. I'm not sure if I will even eat it but IF i do at least I know It will be less fat than a regular airline meal ( they are very naughty though ) We get a 3 course meal, afternoon tea, snacks during the films and free drinks. I am seriously going to take some green tea bags and will ask just for hot water lol. As much as I will enjoy things I have no intention of going off the rails everyday.

Will catch up tomorrow chick x x x

Awh! Angel I love catchingup on your diary and the countdown to your wedding! I am so excited for you! Great idea taking green tea bags to Vegas as it's always difficult getting stuff like that and just ordinary tea bags over there (I always take my own supply when I go to the States as I like a nice cup of English tea!)

Hope you hubbie to be is on the mend. I couldn't beleive it when I read he was taken to hospital. I have to say I agree life really as been like a soap opera for you with one event after the other. Hopefully you can chillax on your honeymoon and just enjoy.

I can undertand the block you have with getting over 3 days in order to get to 10st 3 but when I looked at your stats I wondered if it may be a tad low? May be you should go for 10st 7 given your height? However, its all very well me saying that but you know your build/frame and where your *fat* deposits itself and therefore you will know if 10st3 or 10st 7 is your ultimate best goal weight for your body. Try not to put pressure on to lose it all before your wedding, if you do great if you don't you can lose it when you come back. I know for sure you won't ever be the size your were when you started! You have worked on not just your weight but attitude and realtionship to food and more importantly exercise. Now why dont I take a leaf out of your book! x

Angel - you clearly inspired me as I went for a 45 min walk at 7.00am this morning! I reckon 9 miles will burn off anything bad you have done this week. Your stomach will have shrunk again by tomorrow so do not panic! The dress will look fab and all will be well.
As far as the honeymoon is concerned, yes you'll put on a bit but even if you put on a stone you'll still look fantastic and half of it will be water and Glycogen anyway and will come off in a week.
You may find that you come back with renewed enthusiasm for the diet. I think it's probably a good idea to plan to get to goal by Christmas as you don't want your body to eat up any lean tissue.
Step 2 has felt weird today as I had my meal at lunchtime as I get back so late - felt a little hungrier than normal after lunch but was ok and I think that I have to get used to stopping eating before I am full. I had a coffee at around 3.00pm which seemed to stop the hunger. I am only planning to lose 4lbs in the next four weeks but won't of course complain if I lose more! My lovely CDC gave me a Meals in Minutes cookbook free - I actually found that she was featured in the book so it made it a little more personal.
Hope all goes well tomorrow - is the wedding on the 8th?

Thanks Daisy,

Walking is fab especially early morning as its so peaceful. Well done you for getting up early :)

I've had a fab day today, feeling very positive. I've had a full on wedding day, sorted favours, wrapped most of the attendants gifts, dyed my hair and eyebrows ready for the dress fitting tomorrow.

The wedding is Sunday the 9th, my last weigh in is now Thur 6th at 18.15 ( I usually weigh in 1st thing so will be heavier to start with ) BUT this is it ! This is me back on the straight and narrow, 10. Days SS I CAN and WILL do it !
I like the sound of 10.7 so may set that as my next goal and see where I go from there.

My trusty slender tone has given up on me and needs new pads, worst possible time as they cost a fortune. Looks like walking is my next best thing for the next few weeks. Once I'm back to work ( after Vegas ) I shall be hitting the gym and moving up the steps.

You have done amazing and it's very nice of your CDC to give you the meals in minuets book. Is it worth buying ? I may have to get a copy ready.

Still got quite a bit water to get through this evening but that should stop me feeling hungry, also got my porridge to have. I love the Apple and cinnamon one :) very comforting.

Hope you have another good day on step 2 tomorrow, keep up the good work
catch up then x x x

Cant believe how soon your wedding is time is flying!!!!!!! Glad you had a good day and feeling positive =D

Angel - you sound much happier - what a fab day - never had my eyebrows dyed!
I get weighed at 8.30pm and always feel slightly cheated as I'm 3lbs heavier than in the morning. I'm going to nervous next week as I'm having my meal at lunchtime and that may add another 1lb. I know it's all irrelevant because it's not fat but on CD it's hard not to get fixated by the numbers.
The recipe book is a bit overpriced at £8.99 but as there is so little you can eat on step 2 it's great to have some recipes.
I have completed my first step 2 day without too much difficulty - will have to see how I cope with the weekend as I'm out with a friend so I'm not sure how I can prepare a meal.
I hope tomorrow is as good as today was for you.

Hi everyone

Dress fitting went fab ! I could tell as soon as I stepped into my dress that it was right :)
It still needs to be finished off as she didn't want to stitch it back up fully until we knew the fit was right But its great. I also tried it with my veil and Tiara.

It is just the motivation I need to keep me 100% on track for the next 9 Days ( until the wedding )
The scales are ok but no loss, So long as I don't gain I am kind of happy with that but goodness knows what CDC scales say in the morning.
I will be going for it big style after Sat as my final weigh in is only 5 days later on Thur ( That's my last one before the wedding )
I FULLY " intend " to do as much walking as possible next week to aid my loss.

Hope everyone else is doing well x x x

Plenty of water and green Tea again today ( 2 shakes so far ) I will have my porridge or maybe a spicy Tomatoe soup later this evening.
No walking today due to having to go into Newcastle ( unless the walking around the shops counts :giggle:)

Hey any walking counts especially around the shops hee hee =D Ah glad your dress fitting went well and that you feel fab in your dress i hope after the big day you will post a pic of you in your dress =)

Hey any walking counts especially around the shops hee hee =D Ah glad your dress fitting went well and that you feel fab in your dress i hope after the big day you will post a pic of you in your dress =)

I sure will Yolande,

The good thing is this is my second dress as I had already bought a sample dress in the sale before I started Cambridge, That dress was HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE and I had to sell it BUT I have pics of me in it so the difference to see is fab.

Weigh in less than 12 hours and just praying this wont be my 1st ever gain !
I have been 100% the last few days and will stick with that as much as I can now as I just don't want to do too much damage to all of the hard work over the last few months as I know I will gain in Vegas, as strange as it sounds I'm wondering if that's why I keep slipping because I know a gain is on the cards I'm kind of sabotaging my efforts already ? ? ? Our minds are very strange things.

I have a busy day wedding wise tomorrow but will be out walking on Sunday to start next week off as It should go on.

Will update after weigh in, Even if I have to hang my head in shame I shall be here tomorrow.

Keep up the good work everyone and thanks yet again for all of the support x x x

Angel - it doesn't matter what the scales say - the important thing is that the dress fits and you will look fab on the 9th - any gain will be a distant memory by then. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you though!
I'm going to bed now and planning on jumping on to my crosstrainer in the morning - not too early!

Daisy65 said:
Angel - it doesn't matter what the scales say - the important thing is that the dress fits and you will look fab on the 9th - any gain will be a distant memory by then. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you though!
I'm going to bed now and planning on jumping on to my crosstrainer in the morning - not too early!

Ooooh daisy your doing fab with exercise, walking and cross trainer, your keen that's for sure.
Are you finding step 2 ok ?
Your doing FAB x x x

Back