Angies diary

Yeah give the stuffing a go it was yummy bit different to paxo but still nice.

Well I've cut out the sweeteners and think that may of made a big difference I used to have two in tea and coffee and was forever drinking coffee and tea.

I've cut back to 2/3 cups of coffee and 1 cup of tea in the morning other than that it's water. And yeah kaylee u are so right about caffeine I'm like a hyper woman most of the time lol....so deffo gives me some get up,and go lol.

Well yesterday was fantastic day ....was more like a party than a funeral surrounded by some really lovely people...the lady that died was 88 and a bit of a essentric and loved a good party so very fitting she would of loved it...just such a shame I didn't get to meet her ....

Food wise I was so proud of myself .....I totally stuck to plan food wise...

Had

Poached Salmon
Smoked salmon
Huge prawns
Stilton
Cheddar
Handful of olives
Couple of cherry tomatoes
Beef
Ham

All washed down with quite a few vodkas and diet lemonade ....I and glasses of water...I am allowing myself a day or two over the weekend to have alcohol but just keeping it to that. I dot think I coud survive without having a tipple lol. I understand that it may slow my weight loss down a bit but i am ok with that.

Well today I've got to clean up after the lovely men in my house do some food shopping try and have a bit if a nap ready for an 18th birthday party ....better get my dancing shoes on again :) was up at the crack of dawn this morning had to drive and get my car took 2 hours round trip eeek

Gonna go to the butchers and get some nice steaks for tomorrow yum yum.

Have a great Saturday everyone

xxx

your food sound lovely hun and with the alcohol just get up and dance and it should stall you as u will burn of the alcohol x

Hope the alcohol doesn't stall you Angie - it does me but for loads of folk it's fine... Xx

Oh my god was I shattered yesterday ....the party was not so Atkins friendly....but did manage to find some ham, cheese, beef and prawns to munch on...I thought I was gonna cave cost hadn't eaten all day which I know is not good...but once I had eaten a plate full ...I overcome the urge to eat the naughty stuff..totm arrived on Sunday morn so prob why I was drooling over the bread and lasagne he he he

Had a good day yesterday

Kippers fillets and 2 poached eggs for brekkie/lunch

And steak, lamb burger, pork belly strips with Greek salad for dinner

Snacks was a mini marmite cheese

This weeks need to push up the water as I've found it difficult over the weekend being so busy...

Wore skinny mint coloured jeans sat night to party best I've felt for ages dressed up....bonus :)

Hope everyone is good and the yucky Monday morning goes for us all.

xxx

Mmm dinner sounds lush!

And yes you must get more water down you, girl - it was so hot on Saturday I managed a record 3 1/2 litres...went to the loo all night though :)

Wow...you did really well at the party, especially if you were starving and being the day before totm - you must have willpower of iron!:D

Agree that water is very important, and like Di, pretty sure alcohol stalls me so I try to avoid it when I'm following Atkins. If you stop losing it's definitely the first thing I'd try cutting out. :)

Oh and well done on the skinny jeans! :D

hey hunni well done on the skinny jean bet you felt fabulous . your food for yesterday sounds delicious drewling over the sound of it yum , hows your week going hun u enjoying the little bit of sunshine we got ?? x

The skinny jeans sound Amazing!! You must have be so chuffed!! Xxx

hey ange where are ya........ im missing my diet buddy :cry:, hope your ok hunni and will be back soon x

Ahhhh here I am he he he ....just been run off me feet the last couple of days :)

Monday

Lunch
2 eggs
Bacon
Cheese
Cherry tomatoe
Spring onion
Made into omelette (yummy)

Minted lamb chops
Salad with a bit of Parmesan sprinkled on top

Alpro unsweetened soya milk in tea

Tuesday

Very naughty day .....slap my wrists.....didn't eat until eight in the evening.....wasn't hungry before I went to work at 1pm and came home and cooked belly of pork with yummy crackling :)

Had that with spinach, cauliflower mash and spring greens

Atkins indulge bar peanut caramel ....so shouldn't of eaten that .....my god it was chewy and my teeth didn't appreciate it :)

Still feeling fantastic on atkins....even had my hair chopped to go with the new confidence .....really pleased with the result :) ..... I wouldn't of dreamed I could feel so great on a diet :) and it's no hard ship the worse part of it ....is remembering to eat as I don't really feel hungry Nd not obsessing about food as I used to.

Had one negative about Atkins from someone saying it can cause heart attacks ....but surely any diet can cause that ESP things like Cambridge or exante where you severely restrict your calorie intake ?

Well my lovelies hope you all have a fab wednesday

xxx

omelette sounds lovely hun might have to make that tomorrow, and im guessing vlcd can put stress on your body and cause heart attacks alot more than atkins when your not starving and eatting at your heart muscle due to being in starvation mode ....i wouldnt worry to much hun there more chance of you having health problems being over weight and fat than following a diet thats proven to reduce alot of health problems x

Hi Angie, sounds like you're still right on track...and don't worry about having the occasional Atkins bar. They aren't great, and some people find themselves stalling because of the sugar alcohols in them, but having one occasionally won't do too much harm. I used to have two a week when I first started Atkins last November and I still lost just fine - depends on the person.

As for heart attacks, that's just scaremongering from ignorant people, I'm afraid. I don't tell anyone I'm on Atkins for that very reason - I just say I'm on a low carb diet, because when you mention Atkins the reaction is generally that you must be about to keel over from eating all that meat/fat even though research does not support that at all.

Human beings are designed to eat good fats - it's what we evolved doing. We were not designed to eat low-fat frankenfoods and factory-made rubbish stuffed with unnatural amounts of sugar - that's what harms us. Tell 'em that. ;)

Thanks girls ....I totally agree ...I think there are some seriously harmful diets out there ....don't believe Atkins is one of them....it's all about balance ....and I feel great without all them carbs....mentally and physically so the negatives can go and do one for all I care lol.

Yesterday I had

2 mini cheeses
Salad
Boiled egg

Dinner was
Parmesan mayo chicken
Salad

Hartleys jelly with squirty cream

Today I had

Tuna
Salad

Dinner was

Tuna
Egg
Cheese
Bacon
Salad
And mayo

I think squirty cream is ok? Seems pretty low carb...but have noticed that they do a chocolate variety...made by anchor is about similiar carbs do younthinkmthat would be ok ?

xxx

Squirty cream is fine :) I had anchors brandy flavoured whipped cream at Christmas last year and there's hardly any carbs in it lol x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

If you're having a very small amount it's probably ok but do check the label - most squirty cream is sweetened with real sugar which can cause an insulin spike and stall you. It's not just how many carbs you eat, on Atkins, it's what they come from. So ideally normal unsweetened cream is best but a tiny amount of squirty probably isn't a big deal.

Morning Angie... It's all looking good! X

Morning ....hope were all having a good weekend :)

Had a busy couple of days but still on track finding it easier and easier to stay in track....coming second nature now and so doesn't feel like a diet.

Fancied a mixed grill from the Indian last night but decided to do my own ....was so yummy....

Marinated tandoori chicken breasts
Lamb kofte
Lamb leg steak
Salad

Today may be a bit tricky as off to v festival can't wait....will have to check out Atkins friendly eating places .....stay away from the chips :(

I went into a butchers yesterday and they were selling bags of Home made pork scratchings ....they were lovely so much nicer than the bagged ones you get out of supermarkets :)

Well hope you have a great Saturday

ANGIE xx

Just do burgers with no buns at V :) simples...!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back