Angies diary

Ange7367

Thought I would do a diary think it may help me to keep on track if I do.

Yesterday felt very dehydrated ....but drank loads of water yesterday so feeling better today....I think maybe to do with eating fridge raiders and drinking cream soda instead of water....so cut that out yesterday...I'm on day six of induction.

Bit about me...currently I'm mature student for my sins but working part time in my very long holidays ....I've been yo yoing for the past couple of years going up and down the scale from 12.8 to 11st 10lbs I tried slimming world last year but although I love the diet it don't suit me and coud barely lose 4lbs over a period of six weeks...so frustrating...then fro beginning of year been doing weight watchers and counting cals ....although I can be very good in the week weekends are a total nightmare we tend to eat out once over the weekend...accompanied by a bottle of red/cider or beer which seems to cling to my hips.

I saw this book omg to skinny in 7 days or something like that on the shelves in asda starting to look into it but it advises 50g carbs and cold showers every morning didn't fancy that lol....so I had a look at Atkins and done some research and from what I can gather people have really good success with Atkins. So thought I would give it a whirl ....first two days were a bit confusing but by now I have got my head round it....

Have to say that I love Atkins food is great and don't feel hungry at all....I don't go for the Atkins bars or shakes ...firstly they look pretty expensive and try to stay natural...I haven't weighed myself but my clothes are feeling so much better on, my moods are brilliant, and so is my complexion.

I don't want to be a slave to the scales to going to just weigh once a week...I hate scales lol....

Yesterday I had

Bacon omelette, with cheese tomato and spring onion
For dinner I had Parmesan and garlic chicken with cauliflower mash (gorgeous)
I find it hard to eat brekkie...always have

Today will be a bit harder for me cos im meeting a friend for dinner ...hungry horse...googled their menu and looks like mixed grill or fry up could be good ....Minus chips and beans....I prob will have a couple of vodkas with soda ....can't not have a little tipple and if it slows my weight loss down a bit that's ok....

Well hope everyone has a great day only one more day and it's the weekend hooray

Angie x

Hi Angie and welcome :)

We like our hot showers here too! :) You sounds like you're very focused - just make sure you get a load of your carbs from green veg.

Susie

Thanks susie but surely not the freezing cold ones he he he....yeah tonight I had bacon chops, spinach and mushrooms with a bit of leftover cauli mash ....was very nice ...but had this inkling for something sweet but put it n ignore :)

Angie x

Yay Friday tomorrow night all x

Oh I didn't go out tonight my friend has got tooth infection...was sort of pleased...well not that she had tooth infection but that I could give the drinks a miss as going out tomorrow night ....yeah i am pretty focused .....prob cos mentally Atkins makes me feel so positive ....x

Morning all

Well Friday is finally here yayyy .....weighed myself the morning and 3lbs gone not as good weight loss as everyone else ...but it's still a loss .....I had already lost 2lb the week before I started Atkins so 5lb since 23rd July ....hoping that if I keep cracking on I will have that whoosh effect that everyone keeps talking about (fingers crossed).

My goals for next week is to cut coffee out in the morning ...see if that helps....but if I lost 2lbs every week that would be great....I'm jogging not on a sprint lol....Although I haven't lost loads on the scales all my clothes have been fitting lovely...so had a bit of a splurge yesterday online ....Dorothy Perkins has a great sale and I get student discount ...I got my first pay packet today...but unfortunately it's all gone on clothes lol...just hoping it all comes today as if it comes tomorrow hubby is gonna be around ....he may be a little shocked how much I bought lol...normally I can buy and chuck in the wardrobe and he is none the wiser lol...us women are so bad...but I know I'm not alone on this cos plenty of my friends do the same. :)

Going out tonight to a gig it's a mod night actually (posh place) they got a band etc....I've goggled there menu and thinking of either having caprese salad or Cajun chicken salad and the pork for main...do u think that would be a good choice I will ask for extra veggies and get rid of potatoes ....drink wise I'm gonna have vodka and soda but I noticed that champagne is really low in carbs, yes I know that would be totally extravagant ...gonna twist hubby's arm he he he...and I don't go out in the dark very often lol. Plus there will be dancing so that will burn some calories ...can't wait.

Well have a great Friday guys the sun is shining
angie x

STARTERS
Boatyard's Soup of the Day
Glazed with rustic pain fusion croutons
Green lipped Mussels
With melting Parmesan shavings
& garlic & lemon dressing.
Sliced Cajun Chicken Salad
Finished with a fresh Orange &
Five Spice Syrup
Caprese Salad
Comprising of fresh Mozzarella,
sliced vine tomato & a herb pesto.

MAIN COURSES
Slow Roasted Medallions of Pork Fillet.
Wrapped with pancetta & served with sweet mash
potatoes & Aspall jus.

Herb crusted oven-baked Salmon Fillet
Topped with a fresh ginger & lime sauce.
Tagliatelle Pasta
Served with a selection of root vegetables
in a plum tomato sauce.
Norfolk Chicken Leg
Marinated in Red Wine with silver skinned onion &
button mushroom sauce.

Morning, and well done,

I'd watch out for the Cajun chicken as its got a five spice syrup which means sugar....and yes ditch the potatoes with the pork and you should be fine!!

Have a lovely evening x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the tip....mozzarella salad it is lol x

Morning Ange... good luck on Atkins... and enjoy tonight! Menu looks good! :)

The guys :)

Well today I tried a Atkins shake and the indulgence bar...I was so pushed for time before I went to work....walked up the high street ....oh my god bakers oven swear they use extractors to waft out the smell of fresh bread ....I haven't had a slice of while bread for about 2 weeks and then past the chip shop same thing they really are nastys he he he....think I would not use them bars but only as a total emergency as I was ravenous when I got in just now and I'm not normally that hungry....

ANGIE x

Oh dear.....banging headache up at six ......totally hungover ....food wise was excellent....alcohol wise was very bad .....but stuck to vodka and champagne ....had a lovely night out though....back on the straight and narrow today....

Yesterday I had

Atkins shake and indulgence bar

Tomato and mozzarella
Pork loin asparagus mange tout and a few carrots

2oz cheese
Bottle of champagne and 2 x vodkas eekkk

Thinking a nice steak tonight with cauliflower mash yummy......

Thx ....drinking loads of water and green tea ......but well fancy a greasy sausage sandwich lol xx

Hi Ange... hope the hang over head clears soon! x

Thanks

It's easing now :)

Brekkie...2 fried eggs and a bit of Boursin (weird combo)
Lunch ...jellied eels and a rollmop
Dinner ...steak ...cauliflower and celeriac chips with my low carb ketchup

Can't wait to try this ketchup I've made today....and never tried celeriac chips smelling yummy

Oh and guess what my humungous package came from Dorothy Perkins today ....and guess who was around hubby boo hoo ....my sons and him were all taking the Micky saying that the woman delivering the package could hardly get it out of the car...I felt very sheepish lol but can't wait to try my goodies on...

Very excited about ketchup recipe ....made a huge jar and has 15g carbs but will last ages so would think carbs are pretty minimal....

The old Olympics have been good today come on team gb

Xx

Feeling much better today aphangover all cleared up thankfully :) today has been a nightmare put new white shorts on to go out and have a wander round the boot sale the weather was glorious....took nippa with me (Yorkshire terrier) got to be boot sale it was open then went to go to another and the heavens opened so disappointed so wanted to get a bit of walking under my belt today think nippa was gutted to ...by the time I got home had a lovely yellow stain (wee wee) on my shorts and paw prints from where he was on my lap....

On the plus side I had my first Atkins roast and it was scummy

Made low carb stuffing
Turkey crown
Cauliflower mash/cheese
Cabbage
Celeriac roast potatoes
Made gravy for juices of turkey

For brekkie I had 4 Jamie Oliver cheeky chipolatas and 2 poached eggs

Looking forward to my little fix of towie tonight very sad but it tickles me :)

ANGIE x

Your menu sounds yummy, Angie :D

What's in the low carb stuffing, btw? The stuffing I used to make is my mum's recipe and it's full of bread :eek: so that's not very good for Atkins! lol

I used 6 asda 90% sausages
Half a cauliflower grated
1 onion
2 tbsp mixed herbs
2 eggs beaten
2oz Parmesan cheese
2 pieces of garlic

Firstly get the skins off sausages and fry with chopped onion for a few mins
Then take off stove and add cauliflower garlic mixed herbs Parmesan and lastly eggs

Put in a greased Pyrex dish and bake for about 30 mins say on about 180/190 degrees

It was nice with turkey which can be a bit bland and livened up my Sunday roast :)

Back