Angies diary

i switched over to juddd b4 my weight in but on atkins i got down to 10stone 11lb so a loss of 9lb , but im not following juddd hun no more i gained 4lb so now im calory counting with the help of tesco shakes, but ive been calory counting since monday and im down to 10stone 9lb so think this is defently the thing for me atm ,

Glad the calorie counting is working for you kaylee .....I did a bit of it when I came off Atkins last month .....although I was keeping to about 1000 calories I couldn't shift an oz .....how much more do u want to lose? Did think about juddd but I think I would lose control on the up days lol xx

1000 calories! Gosh that's low, I tried for 1200, didn't lose much and was starving all the time - so I'd end up using all my cals and still being hungry. I like a diet where you can still have a snack any time of day as long as its legal - and I've found I lose on much higher calorie levels, more like 1500 - 1600. It's funny how different things work for different people, makes life confusing. If we were all the same and doing one diet automatically guaranteed weight loss it would be nice.

i take my hat off to anyone who can do vlcd, i couldnt. i can only diet if its actually painless! Weight watchers was ok, i had a few weeks where i would have hungry evenings but i didnt actually have a week without losses, until the end that is when i wasnt doing it properly. i know i couldnt starve myself, i love Atkins soooo much, diet without pain, bliss!!!

Glad the calorie counting is working for you kaylee .....I did a bit of it when I came off Atkins last month .....although I was keeping to about 1000 calories I couldn't shift an oz .....how much more do u want to lose? Did think about juddd but I think I would lose control on the up days lol xx

i aim to have 1500kcal a day but do about 3 hours of exercise a day , and yeah that was my problem on juddd i over ate my calories on up days but they say the up days don't matter but i think it does in my case lol , and i still have 16lb to loss until im at my target but if my size 10 jeans fit comfortably before then then i will stop..... my target is just a guess as don't no what weight i will be for a size 10, how much you got left to loss ange ??

i aim to have 1500kcal a day but do about 3 hours of exercise a day , and yeah that was my problem on juddd i over ate my calories on up days but they say the up days don't matter but i think it does in my case lol , and i still have 16lb to loss until im at my target but if my size 10 jeans fit comfortably before then then i will stop..... my target is just a guess as don't no what weight i will be for a size 10, how much you got left to loss ange ??

Well it's deffo working for you....I would of been scared silly to have 1500 cals (mad I know) on 1000 I never lost an oz perhaps i should of upped it ....well to be honest thinking of 10 stone but even if I got to 11 that would be fab :) so are u going gym or doing exercise at home....being honest exercise is bad at the moment for me....I'm so lazy have been for the past year since giving up work and going Uni ....too many holidays ...hopefully when I go back to Uni in a week I will also have placement 3 days a week so fingers crossed I will be rushing round lke a loon lol

xx

i take my hat off to anyone who can do vlcd, i couldnt. i can only diet if its actually painless! Weight watchers was ok, i had a few weeks where i would have hungry evenings but i didnt actually have a week without losses, until the end that is when i wasnt doing it properly. i know i couldnt starve myself, i love Atkins soooo much, diet without pain, bliss!!!

Im with you on that one...Atkins is so painless....I don't seem to lose weight on weight watchers either well a few lbs up and down though but in general its to easy for me to go a bit mad ESP at weekends :)

Evening everyone :)

Good couple of days and even tried a few new recipes, one was lemon and caper sauce (yuck) with salmon and moonlights chocolate bark (yummy)

Yesterday had

Brekkie - rhubarb and cream
lunch - bag of pork scratchings, marmite cheese
dinner - salmon, salad, lemon sauce, more rhubarb and cream
snacks - sf jelly and chocolate bark

Today too my son out as he has got a week off work ....he needed to get some new clothes and wanted to try 'real fish and chips' whatever that meant lol....so decided to take him to a really nice fish restaurant on Southend seafront looked at the menu online beforehand so knew it would be Atkins friendly (of all the things he could of picked fish and chips). I had a lovely crab and prawn salad with a dollop of mayo :) the presentation was beyond me lol I will try and put a pic up it was very fancy :)

Yesterday stayed the same on the scales but this morning lost another lb taking it to 8lb whoop whoop .....drank loads f water yesterday and also have read the benefits of coconut oil so gonna try and have at least a tbsp a day

Not gonna update my stats until tomorrow and then it will be a full week on Atkins but can't wait to do it :)

xx

imagejpeg

Hi, well done on the loss, rhubarb is on my shopping list, I am getting tired of eggs for breakfast.

Well it's deffo working for you....I would of been scared silly to have 1500 cals (mad I know) on 1000 I never lost an oz perhaps i should of upped it ....well to be honest thinking of 10 stone but even if I got to 11 that would be fab :) so are u going gym or doing exercise at home....being honest exercise is bad at the moment for me....I'm so lazy have been for the past year since giving up work and going Uni ....too many holidays ...hopefully when I go back to Uni in a week I will also have placement 3 days a week so fingers crossed I will be rushing round lke a loon lol

xx

yeah def prob the case for 1000 kcal ur body probley went into starvation mode , so help on to everythink you put , and sadly with 2 kiddies running around i can't get to the gym..... so i do all my exercise at home with exercise dvd's toning dancing the usual lol , and yeah can defently understand bout the exercise hun and thats a reasonable target hun .

Evening angie. Well done on the loss!

Well I don't know what I'm doing right this time around but another pound loss obviously I was doing something wrong last month .....I am watching Nd weighing things like cheese and cream think maybe I was just adding things like cheese and cream without measuring properly.

Had a nice lunch with my friend yesterday....went to this Art Deco type cafe very posh .... Cakes looked amazing ..,,,no menu just big blackboard on wall.....horror upon horror everything with either bread or bagels gulp.....thinking this is gonna deffo be difficult but noticed they did egg and bacon bagels and mushrooms and tomatoes on toast....so I said to the waitress ...I don't eat bread ...wasn't gonna start going into the fact I was on Atkins lol....anyway much obliging and did me bacon scrambled egg tomatoes and mushrooms....felt so relieved that I didn't cave in :)

For tea last night had takeaway had such a busy day and was shattered and couldn't be bothered cooking as there was on,y me and hubby for dinner ....had chicken shish and lamb kofte with small salad plus half a bottle of Rioja (I did say I wasn't gonna have a drink till Friday) I needed it lol.

Brekkie was flax with soya milk.

Well hope all u lovelies have a great Atkins day x

Kat1e said:
Evening angie. Well done on the loss!

Thank you Katie I'm so over the moon with my loss this week

honeytemple88 said:
yeah def prob the case for 1000 kcal ur body probley went into starvation mode , so help on to everythink you put , and sadly with 2 kiddies running around i can't get to the gym..... so i do all my exercise at home with exercise dvd's toning dancing the usual lol , and yeah can defently understand bout the exercise hun and thats a reasonable target hun .

Think prob u are right about starvation mode ....I really want to set my wii up but haven't a clue how to do it lol...I can't even turn the telly on properly takes me ages lol. I need to get my youngest to sort it for me lol....yeah kaylee remember those days very well with little ones and now miss them xx

Hi, well done on the loss, rhubarb is on my shopping list, I am getting tired of eggs for breakfast.

Hi sammy ...rhubarb is hard to get hold of at the moment but deffo recommend it ....love it for breakfast with a tbsp of cream ....really helps me get enough fibre in the day and keeps me regular if u now what I mean lol ....I did manage to get some from tesco this week and think sainsburys have it

Hi, got rhubarb in fruit and veg shop, so will be cooking it today. Have a great day.

Hi I see you are looking for bbq sauce receipe, there is one on the sw forum, I think it is under diet coke chicken. Good luck with the hunt.

Think prob u are right about starvation mode ....I really want to set my wii up but haven't a clue how to do it lol...I can't even turn the telly on properly takes me ages lol. I need to get my youngest to sort it for me lol....yeah kaylee remember those days very well with little ones and now miss them xx

yeah my eldest is 4 and has started school full time and missing her like mad so babying my youngest now , lol and wow 9lb you are doing fantastic hun atkins defently working for you this time round , and glad you didnt cave on your meal out your doing great , your be back to your atkins weight before next week weight in ,

Well done on your fab loss, Angie! You've definitely got it sussed! :D

Atkins isn't a calorie-counting diet (as we all know!) BUT, I do think it can help to keep a close eye on the higher fat and therefore higher calorie items like cheese and cream. I know that if I didn't weigh and measure my cheese and cream I could consume hundreds of extra calories without really noticing, and I can't imagine I'd lose if I did that! So the tracking may well have made a difference for you this time round.

Keep it up! You're rocking it! :D

Wow that cafe sounds great - and well done for thinking of combining the ingredients for the two, I'm sure I'd have been too nervous to ask. Amazing focus and losses very much well deserved.

Back