Angies diary

Hi Angie, just catching up...

Curry, eh? Have to say the only curry I've had since being on Atkins has been home-made - I really wouldn't know/trust what they put in it in restaurants and takeaway places :confused:

What did you make of the flax porridge taste-wise, by the way?

Lol on looking at his fb page, I do that all the time. He doesn't have me as a friend, but I have my ways. Hard not to worry though, actually impossible. Hmmm sounds an interesting situation with the pregnant friend.

My son doesn't plan on coming back to the UK to live, but you never know. He'll be home for a month at Christmas and over 3 months next summer, so holding on to that. We have face time which is great. :)

I'm a stalker lol......yeah we're lucky nowadays with technology ....hope he sorts out his major....big decisions for ones so young :) .....a young girl on my degree course has done first year....and decided its not for her ....so has gone for something totally different equestrian type of course....she really didnt enjoy the social work degree course....and it showed in her work ....she failed the whole year poor thing....I've only just decided in the past few years what I want to do and I'm 44 he he he....

Bet you can't wait to Xmas to see him in the flesh :)

Ange7367 said:
Yeah I think planning is essential....it's just been a weird week ....not helped by hubby !! I think maybe he is sabotage my diet mode....for instance yesterday, we had been out the evening before but suggests going to see Sweeney and a pizza, he don't even like pizza, said I can't eat pizza and he came back with your diet is so restricting cheeky sod...

xx

I'd like to see the diet that doesn't restrict pizza!!

Hi Angie, just catching up...

Curry, eh? Have to say the only curry I've had since being on Atkins has been home-made - I really wouldn't know/trust what they put in it in restaurants and takeaway places :confused:

What did you make of the flax porridge taste-wise, by the way?

Yes all the time I was eating the curry I was thinking what the hell is in this lol....I really liked the flax porridge was second time round and was nicer than first think cos I added more soya milk

Just had another go at the bark added almond essence was very yum.....I needed to get my fat ratios up....any other ideas for upping fat would be greatly appreciated ....find that the hardest thing....I did add butter to my cauliflower and cheese ....but do struggle with fat

x

Cocoa bark and cheese are lifesavers for me in terms of keeping my fat ratio up. Also fattier cuts of meat like bacon.

Re: Indian - I don't have it often but usually get chicken tikka pieces with a salad, no sauce. Still has a yogurt marinade usually but much less than the sauces which (usually) have either sugar or flour in.

If you like spicy food, marks and sparks do some very low carb chicken pakoras in their Indian section.

Morning, if I am low on fat I put a follow of mayo on cheese, might sound odd but it tastes good.

I do the same! I've also sliced white mushrooms thinly and eaten them raw with butter on which sounds REALLY weird but is oddly nice.

Morning my lovelies.....

Been a bit busy ....first day back at Uni yesterday .....longgggg day ....suppose I better man up to the real world again .....thx for the tips on upping my fats but yes moonlights think fatty cuts if meat/bacon etc makes a big difference to fat ratios .....yum yum yum chicken pakoras sound heaven ....I need to get to m & s ASAP :)

well got on the scales this morning and yayyyyy I have lost another 6lb this is so unreal....and I am so not complaining....I have lost a incredible stone now ....don't know where it went lol :)

Tried them tesco toulouise sausages on Monday ....had them in an omelette with bacon ....they were gorgeous ....and hardly any carbs :).

Ml....had flax porridge again yesterday mixed with some rhubarb was really nice....and this time it hasn't seem to affected my ibs .....I wasn't one way or the other if u know what I mean lol...just had the ibs pain...now putting it down to the Indian I had Friday night.

i didn't bring anything into Uni to eat yesterday.....they do have a salad bar....but to be honest the salad bar wasn't very Atkins friendly :( managed to put together a salad and bought a tub of cheese and tuna to go with it....wasn't fantastic so think I will have to start taking my own stuff in....plus was really expensive.

ive just found about my placement ....and although the placement itself sounds great working for a charity catch22 supporting under 25's with housing issues and families in need...they have placed me miles away so will have to be up at the crack of dawn to get there.....welcome to the real world ANGIE !!!

feeling a bit stressed with it all to be honest....thinking how in earth will I cope lol...essays, Uni and a family to organise gulp....having so much time on my hands in the past year hubby and the boys have got used to me doing everything for them....they have got a big shock coming he he he :)

i need to catch up on the diaries ....missed you all

xx

i hope that it works out well for you, i had a similar thing when i went to uni, but my husband is a hyperactive skinny person so as he got home before me started to do the dinners, he then decided that he was going to take that away from me, so he started to do all the cooking. it wasn't long before i completely lost the art of cooking and felt lost in the kitchen. once i started ww i had to do all my own meals because then i knew what was in them so now at least i have found the old skills again and i do cook more now. My oh is a bit of a control freak and likes to take over. good with house cleaning, but not with other things lol...

i found the only time i could do essays was in the middle of the night, i had some really excellent marks handing in sleep deprived essays, i found a vocabulary i didn't know i had in that state between awake and comatose. I honestly don't know how i did it, couldn't now thats for sure, i really have noticed age taking its toll on my stamina for things like that and for stress.

I hope that you end up enjoying your placement and its not so hard on you xxx

He he he ....I have one of those too...hyperactive skinny hubby....but not so helpful :) he doesn't cook ....well he didn't do much really lol.....he is like a tournado .....mass disruption following his every movement ....know what you mean about getting older ....found recently I am not as tolerate and get very stressed out probably why I'm stressing over the journey to and from placement know I won't be good in rush hour ....road rage lol.

think I will be doing some of that middle of night essays lol....have only done it once in the last two years of studying...but think this year will be totally pushed for time....added to the fact that this term I have booked holiday flying out in 12th December and hand in date is 21st dec....so need to get myself organised big time.

xx

Morning Angie... good luck on the Uni! Sounds like you'll be one busy skinny person during this year - good that you're giving it some thought now as it will help with the planning.

I SO relate to yours and Stubbsey's comments on getting older - I'm ancient by comparison to you spring chickens but I do find that I'm more anxious and stressed and I really do find that I take longer to do things ... lol

Enjoy your day! xx

Great on the 6lbs Angie, very impressive.

Wow your going to be very busy in the run up to December. At least you have a lovely holiday to look forward to. Where are you going? :)

Morning Angie... good luck on the Uni! Sounds like you'll be one busy skinny person during this year - good that you're giving it some thought now as it will help with the planning.

I SO relate to yours and Stubbsey's comments on getting older - I'm ancient by comparison to you spring chickens but I do find that I'm more anxious and stressed and I really do find that I take longer to do things ... lol

Enjoy your day! xx

thx...I do keep questioning myself and keep coming up with the same answer ...old age is creeping in ....yes think being so busy will Definately help me with weight won't have time to think about food lol xx

Great on the 6lbs Angie, very impressive.

Wow your going to be very busy in the run up to December. At least you have a lovely holiday to look forward to. Where are you going? :)

Thank you I'm pretty shocked at the weight loss...obviously this time around I'm doing something right whatever that it is ...lovely head start ....going to Mexico never been so really excited 12 weeks to go and hopefully I might just be around target can't wait

Well done on your loss, it's amazing! What sort of meals have you been eating? I'm either doing something wrong or my fat is stubborn as only lost a 1lb again. Still, it's 1lb less to lose. Won't get to target for crimbo at this rate though so may have to do a couple of weeks of exante to kick myself up the a*se.

My final essay has to be in by tomorrow at 12 and i've only managed 1000 words out of 2500 so going to be a long day and night. To be honest, I don't even know what i'm supposed to be writing about but hoping it will become clear whilst i'm waffling away lol xx

Back