*angie's* Skinny Fiorentina Pizza

*angie*

loves food and cooking
I had a thin and crispy pizza tonight - on plan - all 12 inches of it!!

I have used a Pizza express Fiorentina recipe, and 'tweaked' it SW stylie ...

*angie's* Skinny Fiorentina Pizza

9.5 syns per person, makes 2 12" very thin and crispy pizzas (or 2 pizza express thickness 9" pizzas) :D

75ml tepid water
1/2 tsp sugar (1/2 syn)
1 tsp dried yeast (1/2 syn)

add the sugar and the yeast to the water. whisk together with a fork and leave to stand somewhere warm for 10 mins til froth forms.

100g plain flour - preferably 00 flour (18 syns)
1tsp salt

Mix the salt and flour in a large bowl. Add the liquid in and mix to incorporate all the liquid.

tip out onto a non stick surface (I use a greaseproof liner) and knead for 5 mins until smooth and silky.

Leave to rise in a bowl until at least doubled in size (I went to weigh in!)

'knock back' (poke and punch the air out again) and form into 2 equally sized balls.

On your non stick liner again, roll and stretch this dough to the size you want your pizza. I can get it to about 12", but it could easily be thicker and smaller. Small holes is not a problem at all - it just goes crispy :D

Frylight a pizza or oven tray, and lay your dough onto it. Leave somewhere warm for about 10 mins while you make your toppings.

Fiorentina Topping (for 2 pizzas):

150g tinned Plum tomatoes
200g spinach
84g mozzarella (2xHE)
28g parmesan (2 x 1/2HE)
2 garlic cloves
dried oregano
eggs

Preheat your oven to its highest heat - about 230/240 deg

Sqaush the toms between your fingers to create a fine sauce. spread half on each pizza (very thinly) right to the edge.

Steam your spinach with a tiny splash of water, sqeeze out the water, chop and spread over both pizzas taking care not to obscure all the tomato.

tear the mozzarella over the pizzas. Add the chopped garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. Grate over the parmesan.

Once the oven is at heat, give the pizzas 10 mins, then remove, crack 1 or 2 eggs per pizza and return to the oven for 5-7 mins.

eat :D

Attachments

• C 001 (Medium).jpg
    C 001 (Medium).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2,512
Last edited:
Wow! That looks delish! :D Will have to try this! thanks for the recipe! :)

wow that looks sooo yummy, angie your meals always look so tasty, thanks for sharing this with us, can i ask is it the same syns or both green and red days please

thank you yum yum x

sorry also whats 00 flour?

looks yum! (apart from the eggs!) I am looking for a pizza recipe, was going to try smash pizza but wasn't totally sure!!

wow that looks sooo yummy, angie your meals always look so tasty, thanks for sharing this with us, can i ask is it the same syns or both green and red days please

thank you yum yum x

sorry also whats 00 flour?

Thanks Katie - same syns for green and red days, as the syns are in the flour, yeast and sugar.

00 flour is a very finely ground flour from italy - it has 0 protein I believe - it is what you would use if you were making pasta. Ordinary plain flour, sieved is fine.

Obviously you could vary your toppings depending on your plan:

red day - ham, spicy mince beef, pastrami, prawns, anchovies etc etc
green day - corn
either day - fresh pineapple, capers, different cheeses and vegetables!

looks yum! (apart from the eggs!) I am looking for a pizza recipe, was going to try smash pizza but wasn't totally sure!!

Obviously change your toppings to suit your taste!

This will be more syns than the smash pizza - which I am sure is perfectly fine - just I prefer the real thing, and think it is worth the syns.

Let me know how you get on with it :D

wowee! Looks fantastic! I shall have to try this. I bet some anchovies, capers and olives would be nice with a bit of ham and egg - non veggie version!

That sounds lovely - don't overload a thin pizza like this with toppings - but they all have great, strong flavours so you wouldn't need many to have a wonderful effect - the only syns would be in the olives, but only 1/2 syn if you had 4 ;)

thank you i will have a go at one with normall flour at the weekend, sounds sooo yummy :) xx

Obviously change your toppings to suit your taste!

This will be more syns than the smash pizza - which I am sure is perfectly fine - just I prefer the real thing, and think it is worth the syns.

Let me know how you get on with it :D

tbh i'd only use your base recipe lol Am thinking BBQ chicken and ham! I'd rather spend more syns and it be like the real thing!

Thanks for posting!

For divvy :)

If you lose it again, use the 'search this forum' button, top right hand corner of the recipe page ;)

*angie* thanks for the recipe, I always love your posts! But thank you even more for the info. about the "search this forum" button. Being a complete novice, I hadn't realised this, and have had a lovely time "re-finding" lots of ideas that I thought I'd lost forever, as well as searching for new recipes - and all by just typing in "quorn chilli" or something similar.....marvellous!!!

Even got hubby going - he's just called out that he's cut and pasted 10 recipes already, just whilst I've been keying this in with one finger!!!

Many thanks again.

oooh this looks gorgeous! Must give it a try - it really looks like a pizza express pizza! Thanks for sharing!

On a side note - your side salad looks great - but was wondering what sort of dressing that is you have on it? (i love salad but tend to want a dressing on it to give it something "else")

The dressing was a mixture of fat free natural yogurt, fat free french dressing and dried mixed herbs.

Angie, you know what? You're going to be responsible for me losing weight and keeping it off finally. These recipes and the pics make me sooo happy. I'm cooking again, after giving up a while ago because I couldn't think of anything healthy and tasty. Then I see all this stuff you're creating and I'm actually HAPPY to be doing SW. I don't feel deprived and I'm enjoying food more now than I did before I was on SW. Thank you, thank you and thank you again. You've practically saved my life. I better go before I get all emotional! :)

Angie, you know what? You're going to be responsible for me losing weight and keeping it off finally. These recipes and the pics make me sooo happy. I'm cooking again, after giving up a while ago because I couldn't think of anything healthy and tasty. Then I see all this stuff you're creating and I'm actually HAPPY to be doing SW. I don't feel deprived and I'm enjoying food more now than I did before I was on SW. Thank you, thank you and thank you again. You've practically saved my life. I better go before I get all emotional! :)

:eek: gee ...

You know of course that it is *you* that will do this, and I am so glad that you will. It is so great to hear that you are enjoying cooking again. I love cooking (almost as much as I love eating, and that is saying something :p)

SW is an amazing weight loss plan - the very fact that we can eat fantastic food AND lose weight is just so exciting.

I must take some more pics and pop them in my food diary sometime soon if they have this effect on people ;)

Oh my!! Angie you should be on the telly! Move over Nigella!!

lol! just too funny :D

Mind you, if I could have a cameraman with that soft focus lens she has to make me look as great as she does, and a hubby that earns as much as Saatchi, then why not :cool:

Wouldn't it just be great to have a Slimming World friendly cookery course on TV, not just for us trying to lose weight, but low fat for everyone...

Back