ANIMAL INSTINCTS!!

Jellybabie

Silver Member
Aint it strange when you stop eating conventional food (in my case conventional junk!!!) that the things you crave are so far from what you normally ate! I would eat pizza, curry, crisps, choc, you name it, if it was high in sat fat i would stuff it in my gob without ever thinking or carin! But when absinent, give me a piece if fish, some broccoli or some grilled chicken salad, PLEASE, just one meal a day.....................honest! Why is that??? I want all natural foods!! Must be my bodies way of getting back to basics.........eat what nature intended LOL. Anyone else find this??

It might be my cynicism but I think this is crooked thinking. Our tricksy minds are trying to delude us that really we're paragons who only want to live on salad and virtuous food so why are we dieting? I know - from bitter experience - that if you give in to it a chicken salad very quickly becomes a big fat piece of chocolate cake!

Hi Jellie,

My biggest cravings are broccoli and carrots for some bizarre reason. Oh and peas what I wouldn't do for a plate full of peas :p

LOL Tange, i have horses and it was all i could do to stop myself from biting into one of their carrots or apples LOL.
And peridot, yip i think its crooked thinking indeed! Your mind plays so many tricks with you. I can remember the amount of times ive said to myself "i will never allow myself to get THIS big again" only to do just that! I will convince myself im cured and can follow a healthy eating plan and slowly it creeps up and BANG, there goes a full 6 pack of crisps and a 2oogram bar of dairy milk..................followed by trifle and icecream!!! AAAAHHH what is wRONG WITH ME!!!!!! Not this time though, this time (start on Friday) I will beat those crooked little voices! How DARE they sabotage my success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane xx

not craving anything but a nice piece of tandoori chicken breast, whereas before it would have been a full meal with popadoms included.

Aint it strange when you stop eating conventional food (in my case conventional junk!!!) that the things you crave are so far from what you normally ate! I would eat pizza, curry, crisps, choc, you name it, if it was high in sat fat i would stuff it in my gob without ever thinking or carin! But when absinent, give me a piece if fish, some broccoli or some grilled chicken salad, PLEASE, just one meal a day.....................honest! Why is that??? I want all natural foods!! Must be my bodies way of getting back to basics.........eat what nature intended LOL. Anyone else find this??

YEs, I am the same. And I do believe there is a physiological reason for it. I might be wrong but....

They say, it takes 7 days to break a habit. They also say, if you eat something sugary - a chocolate bar, etc., one day - your body remembers, and wants it again, usually around the same time.

By abstaining, welllll beyond 7 days!!.....I belive our body's memory has "purged" itself (for lack of a better word) of the memory of what we crave.

We are eating 100% nutritionally, therefore, the things we are craving now are the things that our good for us. Our bodies, if we listen to them and not our crooked thinking, are very intuitive and know what they need at any time.

Some days I crave veg - broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, corn, etc. Other days I crave protein. Seldom, and I do mean seldom do I crave sugar. Or fried things. Amazingly, I do not even crave cheese.

By abstaining we are wiping the slate clean and are "open" to the foods we need to survive. After all, that is what food is for. Survival. Not sport! :D

So - thats my take on the whole "i never craved this before"! syndrom!!

Could be wrong, but it works for me!

x

Hi Jellie,

Good question, yes it is natural to eat but maybe the way we ate was not natural, well I know the amounts I ate were definately not natural. I am hoping that abstinence teaches me restraint and to think before I eat. I was a serial meal misser, that way justifying why I ate so much. I now have my bar in the morning a soup for lunch and two soups for supper. I want to be able to eat three balanced meals a day. And am hoping that I now am in a habit.
As for the voices, well the only way I can get around them is to make myself think in the adult ego state.

Even as I sit here I would love to do something naughty but I know that I want those size 14 trousers I bought yesterday to fit perfect instead of alittle tight.

Blah blah hark at me carrying on like I know everything.:rolleyes:

I've read that it takes 70 days to break a habit, BL! But maybe if you've got steely willpower (as you seem to BL) you can do it in 10% of the time!

Hmm, Not sure Peridot? I know when I went to quit smoking I was told its 7 days to break a physical habit....? Maybe that refers to smoking - I just assumed "in general?" :)

I only have steely willpower 10% of the time though - got it on this diet - could use it in other areas of my life!! Smoking - shopping - lol - I ain't all perfect!! :D

x

Hmm, seen your grand total of lapses (0) so not too sure about your maths! 10% willpower BL, I mean, come on!! You're the text book version!

The 70 days I saw was definitely around the psychology rather than the physical - which as all LLers know, is the trickiest bit.

But when it comes to shopping - well, I reckon there's a relationship which means that LL + willpower = clothes shopping - any willpower at all. It's a fair trade off if you ask me...

Hmm, seen your grand total of lapses (0) so not too sure about your maths! 10% willpower BL, I mean, come on!! You're the text book version!

The 70 days I saw was definitely around the psychology rather than the physical - which as all LLers know, is the trickiest bit.

But when it comes to shopping - well, I reckon there's a relationship which means that LL + willpower = clothes shopping - any willpower at all. It's a fair trade off if you ask me...

lol - fair comment! :D

Back