Anna's WW journey

Hi Anna. Glad to hear you are feeling positive and not letting things get you down. It is lovely to have Christmas to look forward to isn't it? Hadn't thought about the getting presents on someone else's birthday angle :)

Hope you're feeling better today xxx

hey Anna hope you get rid of your cold soon and that your flair up.. well.. flairs down :p

lotsa hugs,

Rach xxx

Hi Anna, its brilliant that you sound so upbeat!!! Glad you enjoyed yourself last night - hope your cold and flare up leave you very soon! Take care :) xxx

Hope you're okay and your cold and pain are easing. Take care :) xxx

Hello!! :wavey: Sorry I've not been around much over the weekend, I have a lot of catching up to do on here. Thank you for all your
messages, I'll try & reply to them tomorrow.

Diet wise the last few days have been a complete disaster, I have over eaten BIG TIME to the point I couldn't even begin to list everything as I can't even remember everything I've stuffed myself with, today we also went for a harvester & I made really bad choices there as well :eek:

It's been a real lesson to me & one I have already learnt from. I am thankful that my flair up has peaked & is now slowly on its way back down (I'm still full of cold). Hopefully by this time next week things will be a lot more tolerable. What I have learnt though, or rather what has been really highlighted to me is that I deal with the pain of a flair up by stuffing it down with food & lots of it. This cannot go on. I have to find another more healthy way of coping with it even if that means allowing myself time to cry in the bath (away from the children). If I carry on using food in this way I will always struggle to lose weight or to maintain any weight loss.

I have talked to my husband & he is going to take any chocolate type things we have in the house to work tomorrow (kit-kats, fudge, curly wurlys, chocolate rolls etc) and put them in the staff room. I need it not to be in the house as whilst I can control myself on a normal day during a flair up it's just too risky having it here. The easiest thing it just to no longer have it in the house as I never know when a flair up is going to hit or if I'm going to have a bad pain day. My toddler doesn't eat it anyway & my daughter is fine about it.

I can do a frightening amount of damage to my weight very quickly when in sever pain so I know I need to treat this type of junk food like an addict would, just not even have it in the house.

So whilst I dread to think how much weight I've gained the last few days :eek: I know I have already learnt from it & have made sure it wont happen again. Right from the start I knew this journey would have to be a life changing one, I'm sure I'll have a lot more things to learn along the way & as a result I'll have make other changes where necessary to make sure this really is the last time I ever need to lose weight again :)

Well done for gaining that self-awareness hon. If it's any consolation, I have spent the afternoon crying and eating Quality Street so you're not the only one who needs to find another way of dealing with pain (emotional in my case). Finding somewhere quiet away from the kids to cry/pray/meditate sounds like a good idea x

Well done for gaining that self-awareness hon. If it's any consolation, I have spent the afternoon crying and eating Quality Street so you're not the only one who needs to find another way of dealing with pain (emotional in my case). Finding somewhere quiet away from the kids to cry/pray/meditate sounds like a good idea x

Bless you, what's wrong? Sending you lots of hugs x :hug99:

Anna, I love your attitude to weight loss and that's how i know you will lose it! 2lbs will be off really soon x

Karen hun, you ok? x

It's the only time you get presents at someone elses birthday party, Christmas rocks! :8855::D

Dare i mention that i get presents on my sisters birthday as i was a December baby and she was a July baby and she thought it unfair that i had to wait all year then i had birthday and christmas within 5 days of each other! :D:D

Hope you feel better soon Anna x

Dare i mention that i get presents on my sisters birthday as i was a December baby and she was a July baby and she thought it unfair that i had to wait all year then i had birthday and christmas within 5 days of each other! :D:D

Hope you feel better soon Anna x

Thank you :)

I wont tell my daughter that or she'll expect to get presents on her brothers birthday! She's got 2 days between Christmas & her birthday.

Anna, I love your attitude to weight loss and that's how i know you will lose it! 2lbs will be off really soon x

Thank you :) I'm actually quite impressed that this is the first time I've gained weight since I started all this :D In the past I would have stopped doing ww as soon as I had a gain or sts as I would have lost my motivation in a second. Now I feel just as motivated as I did on day 1 :)

I am soooo happy that you reached your goal. Now you can work out your next one, if you want to sts or lose some more. I think it's impossible to know what we really want when we start & goals need to be reviewed along the way.

Hi Anna, you poor wee soul! Sorry on the 2lbs, but its not too bad really - as Lea says, it will be off in no time at all with your attitude.

I think you are really brave admitting the problem to yourself - and then to your OH. Good on you - that's the battle won in my mind.

Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Rosie x

Hi Anna, you poor wee soul! Sorry on the 2lbs, but its not too bad really - as Lea says, it will be off in no time at all with your attitude.

I think you are really brave admitting the problem to yourself - and then to your OH. Good on you - that's the battle won in my mind.

Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Rosie x

Thank you Rosie :)

you have a really fab take on your situation :) like everyone else says im sure you will have a fab return next week :)

good luck! xxx

Does anyone have the ww kitchen scales? We were chatting last night about Christmas & my husband said I really must spend my Christmas money on myself, not the children & not on things I need but something I just want. I normally get given about £80 all together so was thinking about buying myself some ww kitchen scales with some of it.

How do they work? Do you put in the cals & sat fats or the food type? Are they worth the money?

:):):)

id love to buy a weightwatcher machine that as soon as u put the food on top of it calcuated the points to save us having to do it lol for example just break of a random bit of chocolate stick it on and it reads the ingrediants and says -0.10 pts LMAO i can wish AND I PATENT THE IDEA u weightwatcher lot! xx

Does anyone have the ww kitchen scales? We were chatting last night about Christmas & my husband said I really must spend my Christmas money on myself, not the children & not on things I need but something I just want. I normally get given about £80 all together so was thinking about buying myself some ww kitchen scales with some of it.

How do they work? Do you put in the cals & sat fats or the food type? Are they worth the money?

:):):)

i have the old white ones - still incredibly useful and i use them every day at some point! I weighed my advent calendar choc this morning just to check my estimate of 0.5 was right hahaha :D

my OH's mum has the next version up - look classier in black and chrome but pretty much exactly the same. They have a few more things in the memory (you can say, type in "chocolate" and it will come up with chocolate, and all you do is put the chocolate on top and press Points.. but i use it mostly for calculating things that arent in the book using the kcals and sat. fat.. brilliant invention they were.. and i've had mine for 4 years and only had to replace battery once.. (oh i was LOST that day! :D) xxx

Back