Anna's WW journey

Thank you for all your support, it really has been wonderful logging on & seeing all your messages. I told my husband about them :)

My husband is still in the hospital. He his peak flow reading is worse this evening (125) :sigh: He has flu & a chest infection & it's causing a lot of problems as he has asthma. He is still in A&E as they have no beds anywhere else in the hospital. The one good thing about that is it means we can visit at any time. My in-laws were on baby-sitting duties this morning so I could go to the hospital. I came home for a few hours mainly because of my poorly son & then went back to the hospital. I had to come home this evening as my toddler was struggling & just needed his mummy. His fever is 39.8 so no wonder he is struggling. He's now tucked up in bed fast asleep.

I was sat her 20 minutes ago thinking of opening the tin of quality street in the kitchen then I thought, would it really make things any better? Yes I've had a really horrid week & chocolate would be nice but my husband would still be really poorly & in hospital, my son would still be running a high fever, the bad news we had earlier in the week would still need dealing with & instead of hopefully loosing weight on Monday I'd get a STS or a gain. It really wont help so the tin of quality street are still in the kitchen :)

I am under my points again today by 4 as I don't feel like anything else (other than the chocolate I'm not going to have as I know once I start....)

A big hug for all your family :grouphugg: Hope the men in your life are better very soon!

Well done on finding the willpower to resist the temptation of the chocolate - very impressive considering the stress you're under :happy096:

Take care hunny xxx

Just caught up on your diary and I really hope your OH and toddler are better soon! *hugs* xxx

Hi Anna, thanks for updating on OH and toddler - I feel like I know everyone on here personally now and you do worry....which is nice really

Marvellous on your rationalisation of the quality street situation - and you are so right - everything will be as it is when the tin is emptied (other than your weight loss that is) and you would probably end up feeling even worse for having given in.

I admire your resistance and will keep it in mind when mine is low

Rosie x

My husband has finally been moved on to a ward rather than being stuck in A&E. He now at least has a bedside TV to help pass the time & a phone :) My toddler had a rough night, I am soooo tired.

Anna, so proud of you for resisting that chocolate! Having been in a similar dark place recently I know how hard that is. You are an inspiration to everyone here. Keep your chin up if you can. Your hubby will be so proud of you I'm sure.

I hope your son improves soon too x

hope you get more of a chance to look after yourself soon. Any improvement with your husband / son? xxx

Oh Anna, I hope you can manage to get some kind of nap today and recharge a bit:hug99:

Anna, so proud of you for resisting that chocolate! Having been in a similar dark place recently I know how hard that is. You are an inspiration to everyone here. Keep your chin up if you can. Your hubby will be so proud of you I'm sure.

I hope your son improves soon too x

Thank you, that's a really kind thing for you to say :)

hope you get more of a chance to look after yourself soon. Any improvement with your husband / son? xxx

Not really. My husband's peek flow readings are fluctuating between 150 & 250 so really not good & no where near good enough for him to be home any time soon :( My toddlers fever is 39.8 despite medication. He is a little star though, quite happy this morning just wants to be cuddled, he's here with me watching cBeebies :)

Oh Anna, I hope you can manage to get some kind of nap today and recharge a bit:hug99:

Thank you. I am exhausted & know I'm heading for trouble myself soon if I don't get some rest. Now my husband is on a ward visiting is just an hour in the afternoon & an hour in the evening so I'll be at home a lot more which is good for me & my poorly little boy although I feel for my husband having such short visits when so poorly :cry:

What a week it's been!:eek:

really glad your littl'un is brighter even though still ill.. hope you manage a nap or something later. Sorry to hear no improvement on your hubby - hope that changes soon!

sending you lots of love and hugs,

Rach xxx

really glad your littl'un is brighter even though still ill.. hope you manage a nap or something later. Sorry to hear no improvement on your hubby - hope that changes soon!

sending you lots of love and hugs,

Rach xxx

Thank you :) My mother-in-law has just phoned, the are going to baby-sit so I can go to the hospital this afternoon & then they will go this evening :)

Glad to see there is a little improvement. Two ill together is not easy. Hope they both improve as the day goes on. And try and rest at every opportunity you can
Irene x

Hi Anna,
I am glad your hubby is now on a ward and more comfortable,this will help his recovery and give you peace of mind. Hope your little one picks up soon.....my now 22 year old son had measles when he was 18 months old and it was horrible watching him.......and my now 25 year old son had shingles when he was 17 VERY painfull.....and my 23 yearl old daughter has to go for an operation to remove 2 baby teeth that did not come through:eek:and then wear a brace for 18 months but she tells me its the sort of brace you cant see......never rains but it lashes where children are concerned.....

Hope you are all better very soon.xxxx

well done for resisting the chocs, not sure I could.
really do hope your hubby imroves things. he is in the rght place for them to to get him sorted. Then he can be home with you.

am sending you all a hug

So glad theyre a small improvement on peak flow, asthma can be so scary, but at least he has a tele now! There is nothing worse than being stuck in A&E!

Thank you :)

I am sooo exhausted & my pain levels are rising. My toddler has been very high maintance this morning because he's feeling so poorly & I feel really bad about leaving him soon to go to the hospital. I wish I could split myself in 2, I feel torn in 2 as it is needing to be in 2 places at once. My husband is not sounding good on the phone :(

Back