Annoying Friend!!

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
Urrrggg!!
A male friend of mine is REALLY doing my head in, saying I'm getting "obsessed" with Lipotrim, all because I'm not coming off it in June.
Can i just remind you all that I am 14stone! That's what size most people are when they're only starting LT, so it's not like I'm a stick insect, I'm size 16!
He's saying that I'll develope an eating disorder and I'm depriving myself of a good summer by staying on it! As you can see, I still need to lose 50 odd pounds before reaching my 10st target!

Sorry to rant but he's making me feel insane, like I've got "a problem" :(

You do it your way Daisy, I know exactly what you mean. More people now seem to be more against me been slimmer than when I was fatter.

"Nowt na queer as folk"

Aggggrrhhhh....I totally sympatise......there seems to be something built into people when you are loosing weight.....what's one summer and all you are loosing out is food and drink...you can still have a fab summer!!! I got the same comments when I lost the first 3 stone.....sooo annoying! You keep going girl and get to the goal you want.......

You haven't got a "problem". He has. You are doing something positive about your health (and that's the bottom line). Never mind about all the other positive things that come with losing weight, like feeling good about yourself, new clothes, more energy, and greater self confidence.

Two questions:
1 Is he overweight himself?
2 Is he not very confident around women, and was he very comfortable with you when you were overweight?

Well said cee cee

I think its a common thing experienced... some people just find it hard to give praise and encouragement, end of!
I went to see my Mum in law yesterday, and she said (in that tone that they do :rolleyes:) ... "Oh Toni, you've lost too much weight, dont loose anymore you'll look ill, thats enough now!"....
Well my point was, ... I still have at least half a stone to go, and I'm still not fitting into my clothes that I was wearing when you first met me Mum :)
I think it's a shock for some people to see such a drastic change in such a short time, and shock makes people flustered, and say pretty spontanious things! ;)
Just stick with it Daisy and ignore it... absorb all the good comments, and reflect on them, let the negatives bounce right back at the person who's giving them :) Just smile sweetly and change the subject :) xxxxx Good luck Sweetheart xxxxx

Ignore him hun, you are doing sooo well...and the health benefits you are getting are fab....like someone else said you can still enjoy summer ....

Happiness is a mental state, and your state of happiness will be so more better wearing smaller clothes, feeling confident and in good health than any burger, chips or lager could give you!

So you keep on going, you're doing so well!:)

When I lost weight on LT before (long story!) I found that people were very encouraging TILL I became slimmer than them - at the time I was living on a mobile home site and the average size was 16-18, tho they all swore blind that they were 14s). Then you got the "youre getting too thin" coments etc. One woman persisted in telling me I was looking gaunt till I said (with a big grin) "not a problem, when I finally finish I shall have some fat sucked out of my backside and put into my other cheeks" - end of comments!

I can't wait for the day someone tells me I'm "gaunt":D If it
(ever) happens, I'm going to post a thread. Cee-Cee is officially GAUNT :D:D

When I lost weight on LT before (long story!) I found that people were very encouraging TILL I became slimmer than them - at the time I was living on a mobile home site and the average size was 16-18, tho they all swore blind that they were 14s). Then you got the "youre getting too thin" coments etc. One woman persisted in telling me I was looking gaunt till I said (with a big grin) "not a problem, when I finally finish I shall have some fat sucked out of my backside and put into my other cheeks" - end of comments!

LMAO! Think about it.............:D

Very Good!:D

i get this from people at work all the time. oh kim u dont need to loose weight, why are you doing this... bla bla bla, in fact my boss has just bought a load of shortbread buscuits and put them on the table for everyone! what a *****! i know why shes doing it, she wants me to cave! no chance!!! Just because i want to loose the baby weight i put on! i know when il be happy with my body, they dont have to look at me naked every day! i dont wanna be size 0 or even size 8! i just wana be comfortable to walk around in my underwear again, even though the stretch marks ruin the effect! but still... think of it this way the more he anoys you, the more determined you will be!! keep going hun! xxxxx

Just to put another perspective on it, I suppose it could be a compliment in a back handed sort of way, and if it is'nt that might not be a bad way of looking at it.:D x

Your friend says you are sacrificing a good summer by not eating - you would also do this by being over weight!!

Sorry but eating is not the be all and end all - and neither is being slim - its just being healthy that is important and doing what YOU want to do - dont listen to your friend - stay on it if you want to - these people are insecure and uneducated about diets.

Really makes me mad!

your sacrificing one summer to be happy and healthy forever.He's probably never been overweight and doesn't know wht its like to feel unhappy in your own body . Don't give up until your ready Daisy, you have done amazingly well, especially for a young girl, the peer pressure must be terrible at the moment.Just think how you will feel and look next summer

Thanks so much everyone for replying cos I didn't know if i had right to be annoyed, but as most of you have said, people are all great support untill you can really see the weight loss!!
He's all sorry at the mo but it just annoys me how people don't understand that "sacraficing" drink for a figure i want is NO sacrafice at all!! LT is the best thing i've ever done!
xxx

Back