This time its different

Sarah2439

I feel I'm a bit of a diet guru, I've done them all with varying success, but eventually I always end up back at square one. The last diet I did was Lipotrim where I got down to 11st, I'd lost 17lbs in 4 weeks but I gave up because I'd had enough of shakes. Since then I have put all that weight back on and more and I am now at my heaviest ever weight of 13St 7lb and I hate it, so I have to make a change and do something about it.

I tried Exante last year after Lipotrim, but I just didn't stick to it properly so didn't have great success with it. However, this time I know I will do it because my heads in a better place. Right now I am where I want to be in my life, except for my weight, and I am positive and motivated to do this.

I have decided to keep this diary as a way of recording all my highs and lows and to remind me where I have started and where I want to be. I will be taking pictures and measurements tonight and I will be updating these weekly with my weight ins, I might post them on here once I reach my target weight.

I have set my target weight low as that is where my BMI says I am the middle of normal range, but I don't think I will ever get to that weight, I am top heavy and I look ridiculous if I am below a size 12, I normally sit at the borderline of normal and overweight, around 10st 4lbs, but we'll see.

I will follow the TS for 6 weeks. I have made myself a 42 day chart, and each day I will write down one thing that made me happy that day and a positive thing about myself, I hope during that time I will have lost 2 stone. I know its a high target at just over 4lbs a week but I think if I am strict with the diet, water intake, and exercise then it is achievable. After that I will move onto the WS until I am at my goal weight, I know its slower weight loss, but long term I know I have a greater chance of reaching my goal weight and sticking to the eating plan if I don't restrict myself for too long. Besides, I have an active social life and I need the flexibility of being able to have a meal out, but initially I need the rapid weight loss to make me commit to doing it, if that makes sense??

Anyway that's my thought process at this moment in time, and I'm excited about doing this, lets see how long it lasts!!:superwoman:

Day 1 - 13st 7lbs
What made me happy today -
Getting through day 1 without falling off the wagon :party0049:
Something positive about myself -
My positive mental attitude at the moment

I have some Exante left over from when I tried it last year so I am using that up before I buy any more and I need some advice on the meals, but I'll go over to the daily thread to ask all my questions.

Breakfast - Vanilla Shake
Lunch - Banana Shake
Dinner - apple and cinnamon porridge
fluids - millions of cups of coffee and 4 pint of water, probably be 5 by bed time!
Exercise - 1 hour walk with my pooch, kicking a football for him to chase the whole way

I love the shakes so had no trouble with them, but this is the first time I tried the porridge and Yuk, it was horrible, it was really sweet and powdery, and the consistency was like slimy water. I think if I buy anymore I'll make biscuits.

I'm ok today, was hungry around lunch and dinner time, but not enough to make me raid the fridge. I thought I would struggle more than I have and I was pleasantly surprised that it was a good day. I forgot how much you pee when you start these diets and I must have burnt 500 calories going up and down the stairs to the loo, I cant wait for this to subside a bit.

Nothing much else to report at the moment, lets see what tomorrow brings.

Hello sarah. Good luck on ur exante journey. Just get thru these first few days and it gets much easier when ur in ketosis.
Keep us posted on how u get on. Xx

Welcome back Sarah,

Keeping a diary will help you stay on track. Coming on here regularly will also help & provide you with lots of support.

Hope day 2 goes well xx

Thanks for the welcome lovely ladies and Good morning all.

I'm starving this morning and I really struggled to sleep last night because I was so hungry, but I weighed myself this morning and I'm already down by 4 lb!! OK, so I know its water weight but if makes me feel good, its motivation. I'm looking at my hunger pangs as being as my body getting rid of all the baddies to prepare for 6 weeks of good stuff, I imagine little miners in my tummy getting ready to move out and start chipping away at the fat in my body, lol!!

I've only just had my first shake of the day, I need to have my last one as late a possible otherwise I'll struggle to sleep again tonight and I don't want that. Roll on ketosis so the miners can get to work.

Good luck, and I love the miners analogy.

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum. You're doing really well so far. It will help to keep your diary going and also to follow others' for inspiration.

Thats a brilliant way to look at it Sarah. Hope today goes well for you x

Day 2

Something that made me happy - Chocolate muffins, yum-my

Something positv

Day 2 - followed 100%

Something that made me happy - Chocolate muffins, yum-my

Something positve about myself - Im stronger than I thought.

Breakfast - Chocolate shake
Lunch - Strawberry Shake
Dinner - Chocolate muffin
Fluids - 5 cups of coffee and 2ltrs of water
Exercise - 1 1/2 mile walk with dog.

Today Ive been so hungry, Ive had headaches and dizziness, its my totm on Tues. so Im bloated, breaking out in spots and Im craving Chocolate, but I weighed myself this morning and I was 4lbs lighter, yipee!!!! Having said that, I hope ketisis kicks in soon so the hungry subsides.

Im a daily weigher, always have been, I weigh myself as soon as I get up, I do it naked after my first wee of the day. Im gonna keep doing it daily unless I start to find its causing me to be negative.

Hope everyone else is well and youve all been100%, or as near as you can be!! ;0)

Hi Sarah, welcome :) you sound like you are doing really well!! I'm a naked daily weigher too :-/ can't drink any water until after I've weighed! I find that this works for me and keeps me on track!

Good luck and here's to another 100% day tomorrow!

Another good day under your belt Sarah. That's a brilliant loss so far, well done x

Hi Sarh. Stay strong. You're doing great. I'm a first thing in the morning naked weigher too! It's fine to weigh daily so long as you accept there can be daily water fluctuations x

Day 3 - ate the crust off a Chicken sandwich with out realising, but only 1 crust from one side if the bread, other than that 100%. Another lb off since yesterday.

Today is not a good day, Im in a foul mood, totm came early so in pain, Im so hungry its painful today (think totm has intensified this cos Ive never felt so hungry), Im weak, tired and have horrendous headache n to top it all off me n OH have just had a huge row which had reduced me to tears, we rarely argue and I know its my fault cos Im feeling so crap!!

Ive taken myself off to bed to end this day early, hopefully ketosis will greet me in the morning and all will be well.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you, those first few days can be horrible, hope you feel better after a good nights sleep.

It will pass Sarah.

Phew, got up this morning and feel great, the world is wonderful again and the sun is shining! Headache has gone, no hunger pangs what so ever and I weighed myself and Im in the 12's :party0011:eek:nly buy 1/4 of a pound but my weight started with a 12 for the first time in over 6 months, now for the 12 single figures!!

Sorry about my rant yesterday, it was a horrible day but I'm glad I didn't cave into it and start eating. I'm going on holiday with friends in September and I just kept reminding myself that I don't wanna where a bikini and be my size, my mates are all toned and super buff so I HAVE to get this weight off!!

I don't know about others on here but over the past months I've pulled back from my friends, its since I put loads of weight on, I avoid going out and only see them if I have too. Its because I hate the way I look at the moment and I never look nice because I have so few clothes in my size, but I refuse to buy more. My social life is usually very active but I know I've been avoiding seeing people and it needs to stop before it becomes a habit and my friends feel rejected and stop inviting me out!! I'm on the right track and I WILL DO THIS.

Lastly, Boullion is my new best friend, how many cups are we allowed a day? I love the stuff.

So glad that today is better and brighter for you :)

I haven't retreated into myself recently but I would say that I have done that for the last twenty plus years - it is very sad and you are right to put a stop to it now.

Not sure how many cups of bouillon you can have a day sorry.

Stay strong, focussed and happy :)

Back