Another introduction!

Hello, just thought I would introduce myself as Im new to here :)

Im now 21 and when I was 13, I had a horse riding accident which has led to me being no where near as active as I used to be. 5 operations later and a fused ankle due to arthritis, my weight has just been increasing over the years and I cant stand it anymore!

So next friday (pay-day lol) I am going to join ww online, have a fresh start and get into a proper routine.

A few negatives I have got is Im currently on crutches due to rupturing a ligament in my knee :)sigh:), I have an underactive thyroid and pcos. But its time to change!

Thanks for reading! :)

Hi Clairebear,

I've had a similar problem to you. I got a smashed heel in a car accident and after 10 years of walking with either crutches or a stick I had my heel fused.

After the accident, my weight ballooned but I did manage to lose it and get to target weight despite no exercise, not even day to day activity. It can be done by dieting alone, you have to have less calories and it takes longer but it is do-able.

I have put some weight back on recently coz hubby is away and I've done a bit too much comfort eating over the last year but now I'm back to it.

Another benefit I got and you will too, is that the less you weigh, the less pain you get walking.

Tracey

Ooo sounds very painful! I hope you're off the crutches soon. Good luck with your diet!

Back