Another moan/groan/rant!

Bernadette and mum

It annoys me sooo much when someone at group has a loss something like one pound, and when consultant asks them how the week went they say 'oh, I had a rubbish week, was out Friday night, birthday party on saturday, and roast chicken with all the trimmings and apple pie on sunday. So I'm very pleased with that! :D' and consultant then replies with something like 'well good on you! That's very well done, after having those bad days! Good job you! etc etc' What about me who had a 100% week and maintained/lost 1.2 a pound?! Am I not great too?! :eek:

lol, think I'm just ranting over nothing but it always irritates me!

It annoys me sooo much when someone at group has a loss something like one pound, and when consultant asks them how the week went they say 'oh, I had a rubbish week, was out Friday night, birthday party on saturday, and roast chicken with all the trimmings and apple pie on sunday. So I'm very pleased with that! :D' and consultant then replies with something like 'well good on you! That's very well done, after having those bad days! Good job you! etc etc' What about me who had a 100% week and maintained/lost 1.2 a pound?! Am I not great too?! :eek:

lol, think I'm just ranting over nothing but it always irritates me!

I know why you mean. The consultant should say something like "sounds like you we're lucky this week" people should not be praises for loosing weight not following diet as it gives others the wrong ideas!

One of my pet hates too! I had a lot of problems with my periods a couple of years ago ( very heavy and always on ) and despite being good the weight just wasn't shifting. It was gutting for me to have to sit and listen to people crow about the weight they had lost after all the chinese/ chocs/ wine/ takeaways etc.I think a bit of tact is called for on these occassions x

Just as irritiating is when you've had a100% week and either STS or gain, and the C asks what you did wrong. GRRR

Agreed, very annoying. I lost 1lb this week, which normally I'd be really pleased with, but I had a d&v virus over the weekend, spent one night being sick, then didn't eat for the next 2days. So I was hoping for a little bit more! Someone else lost 2lbs after 3 nights out. Grr.

I can so sympathise - I am finding it hard at the moment, peri-menopausal with periods all over the shop and been diagnoses with high BP even after losing 4 stone and am now on medication, after two weeks of unexplained gains I finally lost 1lb this week but our consultant is always stressing about being 100% will ensure losses every week, I do think more emphasise should be put on explaining that different people shed weight in a different way, All we can do is follow the plan, exactly what comes off is out of our control. At image therapy I will not say a weight that I would like to loose as for me this sets me up to feel bad if I hav'nt achieved it but would rather pledge to be 100%.

I know the plan works (I just wish it would work a bit quicker at the moment) :)

My consultant is very good with words, when someone has gained or STS she doesn't ask what went wrong, she asks if we're happy with it and if we know why? If we don't know why she'll go through a few bit, suggestions ect. and obviously water retention is also always considered.
When someone has lost but they say they've had a bad week, she'll look at what they did the rest of the week (so did they know they had an event on and planned for it by pulling back other days) or she'll just point out that they were lucky and may not get away with it the following week.

My consultant is very good with words, when someone has gained or STS she doesn't ask what went wrong, she asks if we're happy with it and if we know why? If we don't know why she'll go through a few bit, suggestions ect. and obviously water retention is also always considered.
When someone has lost but they say they've had a bad week, she'll look at what they did the rest of the week (so did they know they had an event on and planned for it by pulling back other days) or she'll just point out that they were lucky and may not get away with it the following week.

Yep, my consultant talks to us in a similar way which I think is good... There's no point pretending it's fine to "get away with it" as we should really be trying to stick to the plan most of the time...

I've got to face up to probably having the conversation myself on Wednesday as I've had a stinking cold this week and my appetite was rampant - I used it as an excuse to go off-plan a few times but I won't try to pretend it was something else in group as I've no-one to blame but myself...! I've been back on plan since yesterday though, it won't stop me in the long term.

Back