Another new start....

foisty

I've always been overweight, well since I was 11ish and I was quickly whisked off to the dietician at the local hospital...

For the last 26ish years I've been caught between dieting and not bothering. A few years back I lost 5 and a half stone on a extreme calorie restricted diet, it worked, but what a surprise, it didn't actually get to the reason why I eat, so I have nearly gained it all back.

I weighed myself today, and was shocked (but not too surprised) that I've gained 8 pounds in three weeks...

The one thing I've always done is exercised. I run regularly, I'm not very good at it, but since I've re-gained my weight it's become so much harder. I want to lose weight to fit into lovely clothes, to help my fitness and to help me run the Great North Run in September.

I used to do the Slimming World diet and I liked it, and guess what, when I followed it strictly, I actually LOST weight!!!

I'm not re-joining, as I don't really like classes. I think I will follow it online. I'm a vegetarian, so every day is a green day for me.

Start weight: 18.12
Goal weight: 11 stone

Hello and welcome!

I also do green online and had a very similar start weight to you so I know how you're feeling! Wishing you lots of luck with the plan x

thanks

thanks so much for your support Beegee. I know it's possible, just should follow the plan and the weight should drop.

Could really fancy some chocolate right now ;)

hello!

I am new too, and I am sure that if we stick to it ... its going to show results. I feel so full after day 1! who knew this was an actual WEIGHT LOSS thing?!
crazy! All my diets I have been sooo hungry on!
xx

I'm full too - but just want something sweet. This is my "danger time", where I normally give in. I'm going to move out of the kitchen and away from temptation. Good luck and keep it up Slimmingd0wn.

I usually save a hexb for the evenings so I can have a cereal bar which just about curbs the sweet cravings! Or you can use some syns on a chocolate treat - remember nothing is out of bounds.

I just had a handful of strawbs with some sweetner on top. Satisfied my evening sweet tooth!

Try that?

Thanks btw :) I am going to need all the support I can get, I am so crap with doing things alone!

xx

I remember last time I became heavily reliant on Freddo Frogs and French Fries. I like the idea of nothing being out of bounds (as long as it fits into the syns), but I think I should try this time to have healthier snacks, such as strawberries. I was snacking on blueberries and homemade sunblushed tomatoes.

Have to say I haven't been on a proper shop yet, so don't have any muller lites or frylite. My biggest top tip for saving money is buy your fruit at a market on a Saturday afternoon - you can get brilliant bargains. I've got 2 packs of asparagus for pound! 25 satsumas for a pound too!

I had for my evening meal a caribbean brown lentil and veggie mince stew thing (with onions, garlic, mixed peppers and jerk seasoning - syns were a bit of coconut block and reggae reggae sauce) with brown basmati rice - looks a bit grim, tastes amazing!

Back