Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Another new start....

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Food Diaries' started by foisty, 9 May 2011 Social URL.

1. foisty

foisty New Member

I've always been overweight, well since I was 11ish and I was quickly whisked off to the dietician at the local hospital...

For the last 26ish years I've been caught between dieting and not bothering. A few years back I lost 5 and a half stone on a extreme calorie restricted diet, it worked, but what a surprise, it didn't actually get to the reason why I eat, so I have nearly gained it all back.

I weighed myself today, and was shocked (but not too surprised) that I've gained 8 pounds in three weeks...

The one thing I've always done is exercised. I run regularly, I'm not very good at it, but since I've re-gained my weight it's become so much harder. I want to lose weight to fit into lovely clothes, to help my fitness and to help me run the Great North Run in September.

I used to do the Slimming World diet and I liked it, and guess what, when I followed it strictly, I actually LOST weight!!!

I'm not re-joining, as I don't really like classes. I think I will follow it online. I'm a vegetarian, so every day is a green day for me.

Start weight: 18.12
    Goal weight: 11 stone

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    Hello and welcome!

I also do green online and had a very similar start weight to you so I know how you're feeling! Wishing you lots of luck with the plan x

4. foisty

foisty New Member

thanks

thanks so much for your support Beegee. I know it's possible, just should follow the plan and the weight should drop.

Could really fancy some chocolate right now ;)

5. slimmingd0wn

slimmingd0wn Member

hello!

I am new too, and I am sure that if we stick to it ... its going to show results. I feel so full after day 1! who knew this was an actual WEIGHT LOSS thing?!
    crazy! All my diets I have been sooo hungry on!
    xx

6. foisty

foisty New Member

I'm full too - but just want something sweet. This is my "danger time", where I normally give in. I'm going to move out of the kitchen and away from temptation. Good luck and keep it up Slimmingd0wn.

7. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    I usually save a hexb for the evenings so I can have a cereal bar which just about curbs the sweet cravings! Or you can use some syns on a chocolate treat - remember nothing is out of bounds.

8. slimmingd0wn

slimmingd0wn Member

I just had a handful of strawbs with some sweetner on top. Satisfied my evening sweet tooth!

Try that?

Thanks btw :) I am going to need all the support I can get, I am so crap with doing things alone!

xx

9. foisty

foisty New Member

I remember last time I became heavily reliant on Freddo Frogs and French Fries. I like the idea of nothing being out of bounds (as long as it fits into the syns), but I think I should try this time to have healthier snacks, such as strawberries. I was snacking on blueberries and homemade sunblushed tomatoes.

Have to say I haven't been on a proper shop yet, so don't have any muller lites or frylite. My biggest top tip for saving money is buy your fruit at a market on a Saturday afternoon - you can get brilliant bargains. I've got 2 packs of asparagus for pound! 25 satsumas for a pound too!

I had for my evening meal a caribbean brown lentil and veggie mince stew thing (with onions, garlic, mixed peppers and jerk seasoning - syns were a bit of coconut block and reggae reggae sauce) with brown basmati rice - looks a bit grim, tastes amazing!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.