Another Newbie.... but not to dieting!

Hi all, I'm Joanne, I signed up yesterday as I thought I could do with the support this time, which is something I haven't really asked for before.

I just turned 39 on 2 January, so I couldn't start my diet then, or January in general. I did start on 23 January, but I suppose seriously I didn't get going until 1 February....

I've recently just been made redundant in December, so I'm at a loose end. You'd think I'd have all the time in the world to sort myself out, as that was the plan, take a couple of months and shift some of the weight, exercise every day, go walking first thing in the morning etc, none of which I have done so far. I suppose I'm just going through emotions that I need to deal with.

I'd like to try and lose weight for my 40th birthday... a gift for myself. I've been putting weight on since I was 20, so it's a long time coming. I met my husband and got so comfortable that I just kept putting the weight on, so did he, so it wasn't a one way street. We're comfortable together.

I've tried several times in the past and I've lost about 2 to 3 stone, before stopping for whatever reason, and putting it all back on again. I suppose I'm just at that age now that I realise that I can't keep going on like this.

I'm trying WeightWatchers ProPoints at the moment, and finding it quite easy, so I'll be sticking to that for the time being. I have quite a few points to work with during the day, so I'll learn as I go along and choose healthier options as my points reduce with my weight loss. You do suddenly realise how much you are eating when you log it all and realise that it is no surprise how I got like I am.

I haven't had chocolate for what seems like forever, probably a month now, as in a chocolate bar, I've had the occasional chocolate hobnob, my choice, as once I start eating chocolate, that's it, I'm hooked again.

So that's me, nothing really interesting, as I don't get out a lot, insecurites etc.... I realise that everything in my life is related to my weight. 24/7 I'm thinking about my size, only when I'm at home do I feel safe and normal, out in the big wide world I feel... different!

So, I'd like to say hi to you all and look forward to losing weight together.

Hi Joanne, welcome! :)

I've been in your position before where I had 7 weeks off between jobs and had all great intentions of going for walks, going to the gym, eating healthily etc and it went out the window, I think I ended up heavier when I went back to work.

Stay around on here and you'll get lots of help and support which will hopefully give you confidence to get out and about.

BlondeGem - thank you, I'll get through it, I'll definitely stick around on here, I need all the help I can get.

MrsCurran - thank you and good luck to you too.

Back