Another newbie for the new year!

Spalmon

Hi all , just found this site in preparation for yet another weight loss push for the new year...I'm afraid that a busy job, stressful year and of course lack of will power and greed have left me at a bigger weight than ever before despite lots of weight loss periods ...it's depressing but as I will be 50 ( whisper it!) in eighteen months I feel I need to finally nail this so it's back to the plot with a new determination to succeed! In the past I have found that I need regular exercise combined with a dedication to diarising my food intake so that is my plan...I'm going to start the diary today just to get into the habit before Monday when I plan to start the reducing/ do the frat scary weigh in . Am about to go for a brisk walk for an hour so that will be good too.
any hits on how to get the best of the site much appreciated along with any words of wisdom! Good luck to everyone and happy new year! Spalmon

Hello and welcome! I too joined this site and embarked on a weight loss plan when counting down to my 50th! I hit that landmark in July this year, and am still plodding on with the calorie counting, lol. How much do you have to lose? xx

Thanks for your reply ! Until the great weigh in on Monday I don't know precisely but it will be about two and a half stones...gulp! You've done amazingly well I am really impressed...what has been the secret of success for you? Happy new year..Spalmon

Spalmon said:
Thanks for your reply ! Until the great weigh in on Monday I don't know precisely but it will be about two and a half stones...gulp! You've done amazingly well I am really impressed...what has been the secret of success for you? Happy new year..Spalmon

Hiya! For me it was just deciding that, at 10 stone overweight, enough was enough. Because it was such a large amount to lose I went to my GP and she put me on Orlistat, which may have helped a bit, but mostly it's been plain old calorie counting that's shifted the first 7.5 stone. :) xx

Back