Another newbie here

Samantha_Carolyn

I know I can do it...
Hello to you all. I have been lurkin' for a while and decided to take the bull by the horns - so to speak.

As a regular dieter for years, I'm at that stage where I am totally fed-up with myself:cry: and feel the time is right to start my diet for life. So I have made a pact with myself to get on and shift the weight.

After work today I'm going to go shopping, get all the food stuff I need and start today :eek:instead of Monday.

I have joined this forum in the hope of gaining support over the coming year - there's a lot of weight to shift, which I plan to do by myself rather than going to class.

I look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully offering support to others too.

Sam

welcome-2.jpg

Welcome Sam!

I hope you will make yourself at home and best of luck with your diet journey and if you need any help please ask.

Here is a link to help you put up a weight ticker.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

Love Mini xxx

Thanks for the welcome Mini. I see you've been doing really well with your weight loss. How are you doing it?

Hi Sam
what is on your shopping list ? What diet are you doing ? hope you do really well !

Hi Sam
what is on your shopping list ? What diet are you doing ? hope you do really well !
I'm doing my own diet really, based on an old ww one which I have had good results with previously.

I plan to exercise too, which is something which I have never really done, so it will hopefully boost the loss.

hi Sam , hope you get some good results ! yes work out , think we all hate that , well good 80% of us hehe

I have to say I'm more worried about the exercise bit than the diet itself!

welcome and good luck, come on here for support if you're feeling stressed about the diet.

try to just ease into a gentle work out and build up . do you like bike riding or swimming ?

Errm - no to both, the most I do is walk. So I guess I just have to do more of that:(

Yes walking is still good , i have not been on my bike for almost a year now , i think you have to really push yourself cos its just the thought of it that scares you , i think once you do it thats half the battle !

I've ordered a pedometer which will hopefully arrive quickly:)

It's not that exercise scares me, I just don't like it. I'm hoping that will change over the coming months.

Hello and welcome to the site, I am starting my diet journey this week and am just going to continue, for now, my gentle exercise program and I think the best way is to walk, I just plumb in my headphones and who cares if I look like a total dingbat humming away to myself, the time flys and you get fit.

Good luck on your journey and keep us posted

Thanks for the welcome Lisa. Good luck with yours too:)

hi im new here aswell and atm im doing the ryvita diet! And have lost 2 pounds so far. so im hoping this will continue.
Good luck with your diet!! :)

Hi Christina. 2lbs is in the right direction. How are you finding it?

Back