Another newbie saying Hi

we're all here to help each other love.

Sounds like Atkins flu to me. I'm so tired today, I just want to sleep, lol

LOL Cin I had to have a little zzz which lasted two hours, but felt much better - apart from the runs, which was a bit unexpected (sorry about the detail) :)

It was strange, a bit like jet lag, but I felt a bit nervy and jumpy too - anyone else experienced that? Maybe the caffeine withdrawal - I used to glug down diet coke like nobody's business!

OK now though, I've more energy and the headache has receded. and managed to force down a lovely dinner of Debbie and Andrew garden herb sausages, with a mushroom, cheese and spinach sauce mmmm

Susie

I have learned my lesson BIG time. I gave in to sweet cravings and had low carb chocs last night - but discovered that sucralose is bad for me and does indeed cause major problems in the squirt department (thanks for that info Jim hehe). Up all night in fact, but still felt quite perky this morning - which makes me think that I am shaking off the Atkins flu at last!

Weighed today and am over the moon at losing 10 lbs in my first week. Have been doing (enforced) exercise with lots of walking to get to my new job, when I'd been very sedentary before, so am sure that helped. And today felt a bit easier than last week - which was very hard, I am very unfit.

Next week the aim is to also walk up the enormous hill from the station to my office, and to do some exercise on the weekends.

Thanks for all your support :)

Susie x

10lb!!!! Wow well done you! Makes it all worth while x

Well done on your weight loss! That's a brilliant start, and you're doing fab,

Unfortunately, the sugar free chocs, sweets, etc, don't help me along :mad: LoL

Onwards and downwards ladies (& gents)

Cx

Nope - they don't help me to go either! Only dynamite does that lol

Well done on the 10lbs - that is a really good loss :D

Bren xx

Hi everyone, you are all doing really well. I thought i would join this thread as i'am going to be a newbie soonish. I'am on Lipotrim at the moment (5weeks to be exact), but have one week left. I have a very heavy September in front of me, with loads of family do's and birthdays. Ive been told that i can basically transfer over to atkins as my body is deep into ketosis, but i can at least eat lol. Has anyone else done this? I wanted to ask about cooking food. I understand you can have mostly any meat but would it be better to fry, grill, steam, bake that kind of thing or is it personal preference? I read somewhere that someone had made a pie as well (that sounds amazing) Also does anyone know if it would be beneficial for me to be having 2 shakes and a evening meal on the days i wont be drinking (only vodka and diet coke mind) oh and the odd glass of champagne as i will e 30 soon eekk. Sorry to bombard you Thanks :)

Welcome cowslove

Re swapping to Atkins, there is another thread on that from other diets (not sure about Lipotrim), so lots of advice there.

Re frying - the Atkins book emphasises that the oil or butter all keeps keep you in ketosis, but personally I couldn't fry everything so bake sausages in the oven, for example.

Re the pie - would that be the cheeseburger pie? If so, it's on page 1 or 2 of the recipes thread.

Re the shakes - I prefer food to milkshakes so can't help you there, but other people like Bren might advise?

I am feeling pleased with myself, survived my first evening out. Went to a gastro pub place and had half a spritzer, then mineral water, a steak with herb butter and some veg - no chips, no red wine...my friends were in shock - but didn't try to force anything on me, bless 'em :)

Susie x

Hi Susie,

Thanks so much for your help and advice, and you did really really well. I just thought that i like frying mushrooms & onions in butter but love grilled sausages and fish and i believe the anchor low salt one is the best (i think anyway).

I wanted to ask people about sauces and working out the net carbs. For instance gravy, curry sauce black bean sauce or garlic and ginger sauce that kind of thing really. I've got the brand new atkins book on order so should have it soon (fingers crossed). thanks again for your help

I wanted to ask people about sauces and working out the net carbs.
Hi Susie,

Don't worry about net carbs in the UK. The fibre and such has already been deducted from the nutrition info. As far as carbs go in the UK, what you see on the label is the proper and final value. :)

Welcome cowslove

Re the shakes - I prefer food to milkshakes so can't help you there, but other people like Bren might advise?

Susie x

To be honest I have not mixed the two diets as the Exante shakes are not that low in carbs so would struggle to be in ketosis - you could not have 2 shakes and a meal and be under 20 carbs. Some other folks on here have used other shakes but I don't have any experience of them, sorry!
Bren xx

Thanks for that, so I take it that I basically just look on the tin of chicken soup (for instance) and look for (carbs of which sugars) rather than just all the carbs in the the tin?
I also wanted to ask about beetroot (love it) and pulled some up fresh today, but no where can I see it in the atkins book I can eat it, can anyone help please :) thanks for all your help as well

I've just looked up beets in my (American) carb counter book, and it says 1/2 cup of fresh cooked slices are 7 net carbs, while 1/2 of canned drained slices are 4 (no idea why the difference).

Back