Another newbie saying hi!

minini

Hey all! I'm getting in early with my New Year's resolutions and I've decided that 2013 is the year I'm going to fix my eating and exercise habits and get this weight off. I've always been big, the only picture I have of me looking normal size is age 4. Now I'm 30, last year I went through losing my partner to cancer and between living out of the hospital vending machines and emotional eating, ballooned to the biggest I've ever been. I've been trying to get rid of the weight, but being on my own at home now, I get bored or down and end up raiding the fridge or ordering take-out.

But by the end of next year I'll be going backpacking and I want to go as a normal, healthy person with tons of energy, who isn't embarrassed to have her photo taken, so I guess that means I have some work to do. :eek:

Welcome, sorry for your loss but a fresh new year is a good time to start, if not the best.

1 year should be enough time unless you are over 35st, you could be in great shape by then. There are 4 crucial keys to weight loss. Exercising and dieting (obviously :p) and the most important ones, determination and willpower.

Good luck with your quest, there is plenty of support around here. Just enjoy those last few days of 2012 with some of the bad stuff, then get ready for a fresh new year! :D

Thanks Rev23. Willpower is the thing I need the most, maybe it's not too late to ask Santa :D. I'm hoping having a specific thing to lose weight and get healthy for will be the thing that gives me that extra boost, and posting on these forums of course.

Hi sanguinarian, thank you. It sucks when you're constantly worrying what people think of your size, doesn't it? I had to have my photo taken for work and someone uploaded it to facebook and tagged me in it. I don't want to be a diva and untag myself from it, but I cringe every time I think about it.

I went primal in July and didn't lose much weight, about 6kg in 4 months, but my digestion and general health was much better. Having experimented adding things back in over the past couple of months I think I need a diet that's wheat and processed sugar-free, with limited dairy. I'm going to read up on Dukan and the slow carbs diet, and see if they might be better for me than Primal/Paleo, cause I really like my beans and lentils, but whatever I pick I'm definitely going to be counting calories.

Good luck with your weightloss, too.

Hi minini welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
I also am one of these people who "eat" their worries, every time someone annoye me at work I was going home with a massive cake and a lot of junk just to comfort myslef. Eating your problems or sadness won't help and you will end up feeling guilty. I did Dr Gillian diet a few years ago, it was good and healthy diet and I was happy with the result but as soon as I stopped following the rules I put all weight back on. Two years ago I did Dukan, again I lost over 3st in 7months but I did not follow the rules to the end so all weight came back and more. Now I've started Lipotrim just over 2 weeks ago and I've already lost over 8kg so this diet is the fastest. I am planning to diet until I reach the goal and then I will try to eat healthly for the rest of my life, I don't want to put on weight any more. Whatever diet you choose make sure you come here on forum often you will get a lot of support form other slimmers and don't forget to lok at some inspirational photos where some people lost nearly 10st so everything is possible, stay strong and you will succeed! good luck hun! x

Thanks newgirl. I'm terrible with sweet food, I can go through 2 giant bars of chocolate without even thinking about it and then of course feel completely disgusting and ill for hours afterwards, not to mention guilty. But no more. I'm going to make a rule that I won't buy any sort of sweet treat that's not a single serving packet, so if I do fall off the wagon hopefully it's not that bad. I'm off to look up some inspiration pics now. I will do this. I have to.

Really sorry for your loss. Well done for taking positive action, keeping focused on something can drive us forwards to success - good luck xx

I know what you mean with the picture thing. Im 23 and I can always imagine if someone was describing me id be the 'fat' or 'chubby' one!
Hope you are having an easy start so far :D xx

I know what you mean with the picture thing. Im 23 and I can always imagine if someone was describing me id be the 'fat' or 'chubby' one!
Hope you are having an easy start so far :D xx

Had my first proper day of dieting yesterday, and I had a few cravings, but I managed not to give in. Just need to keep doing that for the next 12 months. Hope you're having an easy week, too. xx

Sorry for your loss but good to see you have a positive outlook, it's awful to look at photos of yourself and hate it, think its only when you do see that that you tend to make yourself do something positive about it, I wish you all the luck in the world on your journey to lose weight x

Thanks Tuppeny. That's a good point about the photos, even though it's painful to see, it gives me so much motivation. I don't ever want to feel like that again.

Back