Another newbie who's no longer in denial and in need of buddies please!

I love the idea of the nice suprises from your partner! mine is totally the same! telling me what i want to hear that perfect to him but it just stops me getting my arse into gear! Good luck with it all i'm a slimming world newbie too and a minimins newbie! xxx :)

Thanks! I am really hoping i can do it this time! i did it on my own before my last baby and lost 2 stone, but after i got pregnant i lost motivation and now ive put it back on and then some! I just wondered if going to group or joining online would help keep me more focused but already i have found tons of help on here! I am starting tuesday, odd day i know, but have to wait until i can do the weekly shop to buy SW friendly food! xx

I weigh on a Tues aswell as that's the day I do my weekly shop too! Lol! I also picked a Tues because if I was too mess up over the weekend (my most common time to mess up!) it will show on scales so gives me more determination to be good for WI on a Tues! hehe! xxx

Welcome!! We are all very friendly here!! We will all do this together. Xx

Alison's right! We WILL do this together, we CAN do this together :)

:girlpower: xxx

I weigh on a Tues aswell as that's the day I do my weekly shop too! Lol! I also picked a Tues because if I was too mess up over the weekend (my most common time to mess up!) it will show on scales so gives me more determination to be good for WI on a Tues! hehe! xxx

ooooh never thought of it like that! Thats when i tend to mess up the most too but hoping i can find some fab recipes to replace the takeaways! xx

I love the idea of the nice suprises from your partner! mine is totally the same! telling me what i want to hear that perfect to him but it just stops me getting my arse into gear! Good luck with it all i'm a slimming world newbie too and a minimins newbie! xxx :)

I think it helps sooo much! I'm hoping for a ring on my finger after getting a house together and kids together ... but I think I'm aiming too high with my marriage-phobic boyf! Hehe!

I'm only a newbie too really so you'll be safe with us :) everyone on this thread is super friendly and supportive, so if you're having a good day or a bad day or just want to vent then please do and we are more than happy to encourage, support or kick you up the bum if needed! Hehe! xxx

ooooh never thought of it like that! Thats when i tend to mess up the most too but hoping i can find some fab recipes to replace the takeaways! xx

That's what gets me through the weekend! The dreaded scales Tues morn! Lol! I have found an amazing curry thread, which has EVERY curry and side dish you can possible imagine! And a curry sauce recipe which when you read it you would think yuk but its not, and its 1/3 of your super free so just chuck it on some SW chips if you want to be naughty without the syns! Lol! And a good fried rice recipe. My fav is syn free chilli con carne, can't get enough of it!

If you want any recipes or links to threads then I am more than happy to share! Just ask :) I find the more easy recipes I have the easier it is to stay on track, where as eating the same old always tends to throw me off course because of boredom xxx

That's what gets me through the weekend! The dreaded scales Tues morn! Lol! I have found an amazing curry thread, which has EVERY curry and side dish you can possible imagine! And a curry sauce recipe which when you read it you would think yuk but its not, and its 1/3 of your super free so just chuck it on some SW chips if you want to be naughty without the syns! Lol! And a good fried rice recipe. My fav is syn free chilli con carne, can't get enough of it!

If you want any recipes or links to threads then I am more than happy to share! Just ask :) I find the more easy recipes I have the easier it is to stay on track, where as eating the same old always tends to throw me off course because of boredom xxx

Yes please! They sound fab and always makes it so much easier when you find a great syn free treat! I think we are exactly alike, its the boredom of cooking and eating the same thing that usually gets to me too, i end up stuck in a rut and before i know where i am ive given up! Not this time though, i want to make sure i try as many new recipes as i can to keep things fresh and interesting xx

Yes please! They sound fab and always makes it so much easier when you find a great syn free treat! I think we are exactly alike, its the boredom of cooking and eating the same thing that usually gets to me too, i end up stuck in a rut and before i know where i am ive given up! Not this time though, i want to make sure i try as many new recipes as i can to keep things fresh and interesting xx

You'd be amazed how many people I've found just like us! hehe! but everyone seems to have such a good vibe at the min and its so encouraging! i feel like a team and if i bugger up I'm not only letting myself down but all these other guys! To me Minimins is like a release!

I'm on my phone at the minute and can't figure out how to get you to see the treads I've found ... Typical! lol! give me an hour to sort my little mini-me's out with baths and bed and then I will go on the computer and figure it out so you can see all the scrummy take-away cheats I've found! Hehe! xxx

You'd be amazed how many people I've found just like us! hehe! but everyone seems to have such a good vibe at the min and its so encouraging! i feel like a team and if i bugger up I'm not only letting myself down but all these other guys! To me Minimins is like a release!

I'm on my phone at the minute and can't figure out how to get you to see the treads I've found ... Typical! lol! give me an hour to sort my little mini-me's out with baths and bed and then I will go on the computer and figure it out so you can see all the scrummy take-away cheats I've found! Hehe! xxx

Fab! my little ones are in bed now so peace perfect peace, well for about an hour until the baby wakes for a feed! xx

Fab! my little ones are in bed now so peace perfect peace, well for about an hour until the baby wakes for a feed! xx

Aww, mine will be very soon! Been a long day! I have to bake a cake for my friends in laws as well this evening for a party they're having and not lick the spoon after ... !! Talk about a challenge! Hehe! xxx

Aww, mine will be very soon! Been a long day! I have to bake a cake for my friends in laws as well this evening for a party they're having and not lick the spoon after ... !! Talk about a challenge! Hehe! xxx

Sounds like its going to be a busy night too! I am having a very lazy night (shouldn't really loads to do!) looking online for SW inspiration although to be honest i haven't even left minimins yet! just read a post on advice for newcomers by squiddie, was so informative and i now see where i was going wrong last time! have you read it? i would put a link on for you but no idea how :confused: will really need to learn hehe! xx

Evening ladies!!! I'm afraid I have had a little bit of a picky evening. Not too bad. But not good enough... That's why I am on here trying to keep those little fingers busy!!! Xx

Hey girls,
Can I join in on team Yes-we-can-do-it plz?
I have been jojoing all my life and really am hoping that this the last time! Tried all sorts of diets but think sw is the way to go..(At the moment anyway:) my biggest struggle is eating at night. When my little girl is in bed I am so happy to be able to finally sit down that more often then not I find myself binging on crap:( i know its a habit but its proven a hard one to brake:(..have picked up sewing now to prevent me from eating (greasy fingers with fabric doesnt work lol)

Greets nicole x

Hey girls,
Can I join in on team Yes-we-can-do-it plz?
I have been jojoing all my life and really am hoping that this the last time! Tried all sorts of diets but think sw is the way to go..(At the moment anyway:) my biggest struggle is eating at night. When my little girl is in bed I am so happy to be able to finally sit down that more often then not I find myself binging on crap:( i know its a habit but its proven a hard one to brake:(..have picked up sewing now to prevent me from eating (greasy fingers with fabric doesnt work lol)

Greets nicole x

Of course you can anyone is welcome!!! Minimins is a great way to keep you out the fridge at night!! Lots of people to keep you distracted!!

Welcome aboard!!

Of course you can anyone is welcome!!! Minimins is a great way to keep you out the fridge at night!! Lots of people to keep you distracted!!

Welcome aboard!!

Yes it really is! This is a fab little group and very friendly, has certainly made me more excited about re-starting my weight loss journey xx

I love it. Keeps me busy in the evenings. My picking would have been worse if I wasn't on here!!

Hehe cheers:)) And yes these forums are fab indeed. I dont go to any groups as I find it hard to find any time where I dont have my dd ( her daddy and me are not living together) but I do buy the mags and have a rl friend who is also doing sw. The more backup the better:)
Just finished work so looking forward to an options hot choc and an alpen light bar;) x

Thanks for the support guys! I have tried all the milk alternatives and the only one I've ever got on with is rice milk but it can be difficult to find sometimes and I'm so used to living without milk that I never think about it. Does anyone know the syn value for rice milk?

I do snack on fruit and veg but my stomach is massively reacting to all the greens. I am so bloated and painful it's awful. At least I lost weight... imagine if I hadn't and going through this discomfort! Here's hoping the IBS calms down soon!

Back