Another newbie who's no longer in denial and in need of buddies please!

Oh my gosh!! My Internet went down for a couple of days and had to wait for a new router, I've been lost without my minimins pals!! It is SOOOOOO hard to stay on track without being able to come on her and ramble away! I have gone a bit off track for a couple of days, not majorly but not great, so I am now focusing on STS this week and not gaining after my hiccup! T did manage to not write my whole day off yesterday which was a bonus, I could of easily just thought bugger it and had a super bad dinner but I ended up making SW spicy burgers with SW wedges and salad, so proud of my self that I didn't just think sod it and ill start again tomorrow!

How is everyone, feel like I haven't spoken to any of you in ages??! Well done Lynne with your great loss! xxx

Thanks Gem! and well done you for getting back on plan, that is hard to do once you think you've blown it. weather is gorgeous here today so been for a 2 mile walk and got 2 more to do this afternoon, think we might also go via the park after school seen as its supposed to rain tomorrow lol! xxx

Thanks Lynne! Had a 100% day yesterday and hoping for the same today so fingers crossed I can undo the wrongs I did in my day and a bit off track!

How is everyone else?! Everyone's soooo quiet! xxx

heya
good your internet is working again...feel lost without these forums

managed to get my mini goal of -4lbs this week woop:) Have to admit i have not allowed myself much this week so dont think i am setting a goal like that again for next week:S lol moany mood here of a grumpy tired mum blughhh x

-4lbs! Well done Noki! That's brilliant! I'd love to see the scales move downwards for me this week but after my blip with no Internet I would be amazed if they did, so setting my goal as STS this week and a good couple of lbs next week I get my 1st stone off! xxx

Where is everybody?! I was only AWOL for just over a day and all my skinny minny buddies have gone! :-( xxx

Hi chick how are you today? xxx

I'm fine thanks Lynne, I was just worried about everyone! Lol!

How's your weekend been? They're always the hardest for me to stay on track, the temptation of takeaways always just seems 1,000,000 greater! Is it your WI tomorrow? xxx

I'm fine thanks Lynne, I was just worried about everyone! Lol!

How's your weekend been? They're always the hardest for me to stay on track, the temptation of takeaways always just seems 1,000,000 greater! Is it your WI tomorrow? xxx

my weekend has been good thanks, yeah i think weekends are hardest especially when kids want mcdonalds etc lol so far this weekend i have stuck to plan thankfully as yes my wi is tomorrow night!:eek: made a syn free sunday lunch today which im quite proud of lol xxx

my weekend has been good thanks, yeah i think weekends are hardest especially when kids want mcdonalds etc lol so far this weekend i have stuck to plan thankfully as yes my wi is tomorrow night!:eek: made a syn free sunday lunch today which im quite proud of lol xxx

Ooh, good luck! I thought yours was Monday, the day before me! My kids have been quite good this weekend and I purposely bought strawberry Cornetto's for them as I don't like them! Lol!

I made a syn free Sunday roast last week, the Roasties were loads better than I expected seeing as we're used to goose fat Roasties! Naughty naughty! Lol! I syn for a Yorkshire and some gravy for a roast just so it feels like a proper roast dinner, have tried syn free gravy but its just not the same! Lol! xxx

Ooh, good luck! I thought yours was Monday, the day before me! My kids have been quite good this weekend and I purposely bought strawberry Cornetto's for them as I don't like them! Lol!

I made a syn free Sunday roast last week, the Roasties were loads better than I expected seeing as we're used to goose fat Roasties! Naughty naughty! Lol! I syn for a Yorkshire and some gravy for a roast just so it feels like a proper roast dinner, have tried syn free gravy but its just not the same! Lol! xxx

I made a beef casserole with roast potatoes (which like you said..... are amazing!) carrots, broccoli, peas & cabbage. i made the gravy with a veg stock and tomato puree was so nice and best of all syn free! Didn't have any yorkies in :cry: or i'd have syn'd one... or two lol xxx

Ooh, I made a syn free gravy before but it was not very nice, what is the recipe you used? Will have to give it a go! It's the gravy and Yorkshire pud that makes me feel like my roasts are bad! Lol! xxx

It was a kinda half made up half follow a recipe lol i had a look at the basis for a sw casserole then just adapted it. Basically just veg and beef with a dash of worcestershire sauce then veg stock and tomato puree, i would def make it again! this is the sw recipe i based it on but with majority changed lol. xxx

380g steak, all visible fat removed
2 garlic cloves
2 onions, 2 turnips, 3 carrots and 2 courgettes
Low calorie cooking spray
A sprig of rosemary
1 tbsp beef stock made with Bovril
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
2-3 tbsp artificial sweetener
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley

1. Prepare the ingredients: cut the steak into bite-sized pieces; peel and crush the garlic; peel and chop the onions; turnips and carrots; slice the courgettes.
2. Heat a large pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray. Add the steak and fry for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned. Add the garlic, onions, turnips, carrots, rosemary, stock, chopped tomatoes and artificial sweetener and stir well. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the courgettes and cook for a further 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Season well and serve garnished with freshly chopped parsley.

That's what I do! I look at a recipe and completely change it! Lol!! Will defo have to give it a try, I'm starting to lack imagination when it comes to meals which is where I start to slowly fall off track, and lose my way! I need to do a good thread search for motivation!!

WI for you today Lynne! You feeling confident? xxx

That's what I do! I look at a recipe and completely change it! Lol!! Will defo have to give it a try, I'm starting to lack imagination when it comes to meals which is where I start to slowly fall off track, and lose my way! I need to do a good thread search for motivation!!

WI for you today Lynne! You feeling confident? xxx

Thats what happens to me, if i start to lose interest in what i'm making and eating then i slowly wander off track! trying hard this time to look for new recipes so that i keep it interesting, i ordered the taste of asia book and the little book of sauces so should get them tonight!

Yes the weigh in is tonight! hoping i've lost something but would be great if i could lose 2 1/2 then i'd get my 1/2 stone award! I always doubt myself though and think i haven't lost anything so thats how i am feeling right now! even though i did another 100% week lol.

Is yours tomorrow? xxxx

I made a beef casserole with roast potatoes (which like you said..... are amazing!) carrots, broccoli, peas & cabbage. i made the gravy with a veg stock and tomato puree was so nice and best of all syn free! Didn't have any yorkies in :cry: or i'd have syn'd one... or two lol xxx

Would love this syn free gravy recipe! :) xx

Would love this syn free gravy recipe! :) xx

Hi was just tablespoon of tomato puree and a veg stock pot, add 1/2 pint boiling water then i added it to the casserole and cooked for 2 hours.... not sure how it would work as a stand alone gravy but worked well as a sauce type gravy xxx

Back